Home Forums Music Could Taylor Swift be a big contender for Grammy 2020 AOTY?

Could Taylor Swift be a big contender for Grammy 2020 AOTY?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
NASA
kurtagustin
  • TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Ups: Big pop star with a huge fanbase and nice image, two time winner in this category, her bubble gum pop music is easy for the ear and non-controversial, Lover will be successful commercially no matter what, not to mention goodwill and symthapy she gained from the incident with Scott Braun.

Downs: her lead singles have been boring so far, and maybe the same with the rest of the album, reputation underperformed at the last Grammy probably because the recording academy is fed up with pop music and heading for other genres?

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Elusive Chanteuse
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sorry but unless the album unexpectedly turns out to be much better than the two singles Taylor has put out thus far…there’s no way she’s getting much love from the Grammys.

I could see her getting into Pop Vocal Album based on name recognition alone though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

No. The album is DOA.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

No. Saying that is a delusion. Getting into Pop Vocal with ‘Lover’ will be a reach for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

not to mention goodwill and symthapy she gained from the incident with Scott Braun.

We all knew that was a promo thanks for confirmation

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

If the album is anything like ME! or You Need To Calm Down, then no.

ReplyCopy URL
    kurtagustin
    Participant
    Topics:

I think she has a huge chance to nab nominations. She won’t be ignored this time. As for winning, people are saying she won’t, given how her recent singles have underperformed. However, I beg to differ. She still has a good chance. After all, she’s always been a Grammy darling until Reputation era. But of course, her chance relies on how good the album is as a whole and how the public will receive it. ME! was totally a lyrical disappoint for a Taylor Swift lead single. You Need to Calm Down, on the other hand, was a good song sonically and lyrically, but it unfortunately got embroiled with LGBTQ drama, where many are saying she’s queerbaiting, which was so unfortunate, given the powerful message the song has.
    With her own words, “They never see it coming what I do next”
    I’m sure everyone is up for surprise, good or bad, once LOVER is out August 23rd. Don’t forget to buy or stream y’all ♥

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

After all, she’s always been a Grammy darling until Reputation era.

She really hasn’t, though.

She has lost AOTY before, half of her albums were not nominated for AOTY, three of her albums (Speak Now, Red, Reputation) lost in genre categories and a fourth (her debut) was never nominated at all.

Furthermore, she has never won Pop Solo or Duo/Group Performance despite multiple eligible smash hits (and has often struggled to get nominated in those categories), and has never won Record or Song of the Year. She has 10 career Grammys which is good, but not a jaw-dropping number.

What Swifties don’t understand is that they only like her when she’s doing well on the charts and even then, they don’t just throw trophies at her. She is no Adele.

And you bring up the fact that they didn’t like Reputation last year. What makes this year any different? The new songs she’s released have been just as awful.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

She won’t win anything for this album, just like she didn’t with reputation. This is not the direction she was supposed to take. She was supported before because she was huge and had a good and safe body of work/image, now she’s not as huge and her albums suck. She used to be a Grammy darling, but she didn’t ‘honor’ that distinction.

But I disagree with DC95 about her not being a Grammy darling before. No one would win AOTY twice if he/she wasn’t a Grammy darling. And she never won Pop Solo/Pop Duo/ROTY/SOTY because her biggest hits are mostly trash that didn’t even deserve nominations. No way WANEGBT, Bad Blood(song) or SIO would win a Grammy, and Blank Space and You Belong With Me are decent but not Grammy material, besides, she faced stiff competition. “Red” didn’t win Country Album because it was promoted as a pop album, so the only real “upset” Taylor had was Speak Now losing Country Album(she probably was close since she won 2 Country Grammys that night, btw).

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  MarinaBelo2.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  MarinaBelo2.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift has a narrow chance of making it to Album of the Year, especially if her songs fall of the face of the Earth like flies. Stop predicting her yet until we hear the whole body of work.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Didn’t she just lose to Ariana Grande ? Lmfao

Grammys only kiss her ass when she’s huge on the charts. This album will get the same amount of attention as the last one, which means none

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Jesus FIX IT

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I know everyone says “the albums sounds nothing like the singles” but I can’t be the only won to think it sounds exactly or sometimes worse than the singles right?? Lover is obviously gonna do great in sales but that bc her fanbase love to buy more than one copy of the album loll and dedicate their lives to stream her music. I do expect that the album is bad critically and acclaim wise, like most her albums are.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

The answer is obviously no but surely we all know that. What I find interesting is how has she managed to win twice despite not being a true darling. Her Grammy record is interesting. She has missed nominations in her genre, lost with big hits in pop solo, ROTY/SOTY, etc yet somehow won AOTY not once but twice.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.