Home Forums Music Early predictions for Best original song Oscar 2022

Early predictions for Best original song Oscar 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 429 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Donnna
RBBrittain
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Thomaz16263
    Topics:

Beyonce has been front runner on all best original song predictions alongside Billie since September. King Richard is the second most acclaimed film of the season

And you guys thinking Beyonce will be snubbed to give way to Ariana Grande based on half a dozen tweets. How delusional you are

We are talking about Oscar not grammy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Beyonce has been front runner on all best original song predictions alongside Billie since September. King Richard is the second most acclaimed film of the season And you guys thinking Beyonce will be snubbed to give way to Ariana Grande based on half a dozen tweets. How delusional you are We are talking about Oscar not grammy

She won’t be snubbed to give way to AG lol, but her status as a front runner is solely based on who she is and I think that’s a bit of a miscalculation as we’ve seen her being snubbed in the past.

It’s not the Grammys, it’s the Oscars, which is exactly why a snub is probable, though I don’t think she’ll be snubbed. She doesn’t have the pull with the Oscars like she does the Grammys.

I am not convinced anyone cares about Ariana’s song and I don’t see her being viewed seriously this time around. The front runner is Billie, of course, but Jennifer playing in her movie and being an Oscar winner already, I think, really gives her the edge.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Thomaz16263
    Topics:

She won’t be snubbed to give way to AG lol, but her status as a front runner is solely based on who she is and I think that’s a bit of a miscalculation as we’ve seen her being snubbed in the past. It’s not the Grammys, it’s the Oscars, which is exactly why a snub is probable, though I don’t think she’ll be snubbed. She doesn’t have the pull with the Oscars like she does the Grammys. I am not convinced anyone cares about Ariana’s song and I don’t see her being viewed seriously this time around. The front runner is Billie, of course, but Jennifer playing in her movie and being an Oscar winner already, I think, really gives her the edge.

Beyonce was snubbed by Spirit precisely because the Lion King was massacred by the critics. This time she is much better positioned as part of a highly acclaimed movie

This is the first time it has been placed on Oscar nomination bets.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I am not convinced anyone cares about Ariana’s song

????

Basically all DLU reviews praise the song. Y’all need to stop with the biased opinions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

While many popstars failed to get an original song nod over the years, this is not like Lorde writing a song for The Hunger Games or Lana to Big Eyes. Those were films with weak awards campaign that GG only nominated to get more stars attending.
    Ariana and Beyoncé wrote music for BP contenders that will have an insane exposure to voters. Billie’s song is in one of the most beloved sagas of cinema that been crossing over to this particular category with recent films.
    Might be the the first time I see multiple divas with stan twitter fanbase to be in serious contention. You guys have to understand that in Oscars conversation the exposure for the film can help much more than the artist’s reputation (unless you’re Diane Warren where the music branch backs you).

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

While many popstars failed to get an original song nod over the years, this is not like Lorde writing a song for The Hunger Games or Lana to Big Eyes. Those were films with weak awards campaign that GG only nominated to get more stars attending.
    Ariana and Beyoncé wrote music for BP contenders that will have an insane exposure to voters. Billie’s song is in one of the most beloved sagas of cinema that been crossing over to this particular category with recent films.
    Might be the the first time I see multiple divas with stan twitter fanbase to be in serious contention. You guys have to understand that in Oscars conversation the reputation of the film can help much more than the artist’s reputation (unless you’re Diane Warren where the music branch backs you).

This tbh.

I feel like people are overthinking this whole “three popstars” thing. It makes total sense for them to nominate the three. It’s not like the folks over at the music branch are gonna purposefully snub someone just because they already have two popstars on their ballot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I dont think its overthinking, the music branch has done this so many times in the past,in fact they have never nominated three popsters in their prime even in seasons when they could have. It could happen for the first time but its very unlikely. Its actually possible they snub both Beyonce and Ariana

The “snubs” in questions are more often that not songs from movies that aren’t big Oscar contenders. Being associated with BP nominees is going to do a lot for Beyoncé and Ariana. This is not a “Beautiful Ghosts” scenario.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lanadelol
    Topics:

JHud and Carole King just got nominated for the Grammy for Best Song written for Visual Media. They’re getting in

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RBBrittain
    Topics:

Here is Disney’s FYC list for Encanto: https://disneystudiosawards.com/encanto/categories They’re promoting “Dos Oruguitas”, not the expected “Colombia, Mi Encanto”, as its LMM song. Adjust your predictions accordingly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

I know that No Time To Die is old news but it’s such an amazingly  beautiful song and it deserves the world.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I know that No Time To Die is old news but it’s such an amazingly beautiful song and it deserves the world.

I oddly thinks that helps the song. It’ll be one of (only?) track more than 10 days of familiarity before voting starts.

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Nominees at the Satellite Awards
    Satellite Song

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

“Just Look Up” from “Don’t Look Up” out Friday

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Just Look Up sounds amazing

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 429 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.