Home Forums Music Early predictions for Best original song Oscar 2022

Early predictions for Best original song Oscar 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 429 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Donnna
RBBrittain
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    NASA
    Topics:

I’m sorry, but I did not like “Just Look Up” from Don’t Look Up. I found the songwriting to be horrible. Ariana Grande sounds so beautiful and the first minute has so much promise… Then Kid Cudi comes in and kills the momentum of the song with a dull verse that contributes nothing. Then when Ariana returns, the song turns into a SNL sketch with her using profanity and the lyrics trying to be funny. I understand that it’s suppose to be satirical, but the lyrics were poorly written. This will not be nominated for a songwriting Oscar. Sorry.

go to bad grandpa

profanity my ass

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Ariana sounds great but kid cudi ruins the song, I wish there was a solo version

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nobdrums
    Topics:

I’m sorry, but I did not like “Just Look Up” from Don’t Look Up. I found the songwriting to be horrible. Ariana Grande sounds so beautiful and the first minute has so much promise… Then Kid Cudi comes in and kills the momentum of the song with a dull verse that contributes nothing. Then when Ariana returns, the song turns into a SNL sketch with her using profanity and the lyrics trying to be funny. I understand that it’s suppose to be satirical, but the lyrics were poorly written. This will not be nominated for a songwriting Oscar. Sorry.

even because you don’t like the ariana then your opinion is irrelevant

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nobdrums
    Topics:

it would be better if it were just the ariana, but i don’t think the kid cudi hindered the construction of the song

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

A musical with a lot of original songs and Encanto promotes its end credit song for Best Song? Ugh. We Don’t Talk about Bruno deserves better.

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

A musical with a lot of original songs and Encanto promotes its end credit song for Best Song? Ugh. We Don’t Talk about Bruno deserves better.

Beyond the Lights (a Bodyguard remake in everything but name) did the same thing with it’s end credits song “Grateful” but “Masterpiece” and “Blackbird” were right there.

Imagine if A Star Is Born main song push was “Is That Alright?”

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

What were you expecting from such a campy film? It’d be nonsensical if the song attempted to be serious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Just Look Up benefits from being sung in the movie and related to its theme. That’s something music branch tends to favor (unless it’s a really weak pack like last year).

The song is supposed to be a parody of popstars PSA songs, and early reports said it was hilarioous in the film. Considering DLU is shaping up to be big, there’s a path for this song.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Just Look Up is a bad song. I know it’s a parody song but it’s still bad. I’ve heard great parody song and Just Look Up ain’t one. I love Ariana but I hope it isn’t nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oscarbuff
    Topics:

Billie English No time to die ❤️❤️

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Kid Cudi is so out of place. *In Paolo’s voice* whyyyaa whyyyy whyyy

The song is so beautiful when it’s just Ariana. But it’s still a very good song overall.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Guys. I just started Belfast and oh my God. What an opening. I loved ‘Down to Joy’ and the whole color wide shot view of modern day Belfast fading into the black and white scenes of 1960s Belfast as the story begins. And guys when a movie is not a musical, I think the best use of original songs (with the exception of the characters performing the songs in the movie) is when it is used in the opening sequence. And the use of ‘Down to Joy’ reminded me of the use of ‘Philadelphia’ in the beginning of Philadelphia 1993. And that helped that song to not just a best original song nomination but a win. I think it’s safe to say ‘Down to Joy’is a lock in my gracious humble opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

I haven’t watched Encanto put I have streamed some songs on it’s soundtrack including Dos Orugitas and it sounded sweet and cute and everything but I just don’t feel it’s a strong Oscar contender for some reason. When it comes to animated films, the only two types of songs that get nominated are the “I Want” type of songs from Disney princess movies like ‘Let it Go’ and ‘How Far I’ll Go’ or feel good dance songs like ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ and ‘Happy’. For a song like Dos Orugitas to be a strong contender, it needs to be very important in the plot of the movie like ‘Remember Me’ and I don’t know if that’s because I haven’t seen Encanto yet. Please can anyone who has seen it please let me know if the song is very instrumental in the movie and if you think it is a strong contender having watched the movie.

SPOILER ALERT I GUESS.

It is the music playing when we finally see the grandma’s point of view. Pretty emotional. Strong contender if they watched the movie.

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

I just listened to Just Look Up and I’m afraid I agree with Mr. Kaz. I didn’t love it and I’m not sure I like it. Ariana’s vocals were obviously top notch but I didn’t really think the lyrics were clever or creative. And it wasn’t exactly a jam that I would want to put on replay anytime soon. So for now, I’m removing it from my predictions and adding Be Alive another song that I didn’t love but I at least liked. To me this year’s field is kind of weak and it’s between No Time To Die, Down to Joy and Dos Orugitas for the win. I expect Here I Am to follow a Jennifer Hudson Best Actress nomination, if she isn’t nominated. That song most likely won’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Just listened to No Time to Die, Be Alive, Two Oruguitas and Just Look Up. Billie should win this easily.

1) No Time to Die
    2) Two Oruguitas
    3) Be Alive
    4) Just Look Up (the fact this dumb song could be nominated is just too much)

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 429 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.