Home Forums Music Early predictions for Best original song Oscar 2022

Early predictions for Best original song Oscar 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 209 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Donnna
braydenfitzsi..
RBBrittain
  • Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Someone explain why justin Timberlake can get nominated for trolls movie, Weeknd can get nominated for Fifty shades of grey…but Ariana can’t for an actual bp contender.

JT & The Weeknd are known as songwriters within the industry. Ariana…not so much. If the song is undeniably good, hopefully she & Cudi get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

JT & The Weeknd are known as songwriters within the industry. Ariana…not so much. If the song is undeniably good, hopefully she & Cudi get in.

Ariana isn’t writing. That is the thing. She will just have a writing credit to make her eligible. The writer has a good track record of being nominated. A vocalist with a good songwriter is a solid combination for Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Based on past year trends, 3 out of 5 nominees are from bp contenders. 1 is some documentary/Disney movie or something else and 1 spot is reserved for Diane Warren.

I think Ari is easily getting in because her movie is a sure fire bp contender. If Gaga has a song for Haus of Gucci, she should also get in I guess.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lfs
    Topics:

Based on past year trends, 3 out of 5 nominees are from bp contenders. 1 is some documentary/Disney movie or something else and 1 spot is reserved for Diane Warren.

I think Ari is easily getting in because her movie is a sure fire bp contender. If Gaga has a song for Haus of Gucci, she should also get in I guess.

1 spot for Diane is sending lol. 😅
    It’s kinda accurate tho. Agree w/ all these.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

What other song(s) does Diane have in contention? Because that one from Four Good Days was instantly forgettable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

What other song(s) does Diane have in contention? Because that one from Four Good Days was instantly forgettable.

She has “Footprints”, performed by the Backstreet Boys for Joe Bell (Mark Wahlberg’s dead gay son movie).

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

What are the rules for Best Original Song? I thought No Time To Die had already been snubbed this year.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

She has “Footprints”, performed by the Backstreet Boys for Joe Bell (Mark Wahlberg’s dead gay son movie).

Yeah I think Diane will sit this season out. Unless the field is devastatingly weak.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Yeah Diane is sitting this one. There is a documentary about her and she might be writing for that one but i don’t think it is releasing this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

What are the rules for Best Original Song? I thought No Time To Die had already been snubbed this year.

It never submitted this year because the actual film itself was never released. Songs can come out in a different calendar year from their films and still be eligible. The most prominent example is the 50 Shades songs, those leads (Earned It, IDWLF, For You) were all released the December prior to their films February release.

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

It never submitted this year because the actual film itself was never released. Songs can come out in a different calendar year from their films and still be eligible.

Thanks! I also just checked and apparently for a song to be eligible in Original Song, its corresponding film would have to be submitted for Best Picture the same year (which will be the case for No Time To Die this year after released), so Billie definitely has a shot. I think she could win this if nothing bigger gets released by December.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Don’t think Billie is winning…I think we are assuming so because of Sam Smith’s win. I think it is between Ariana / Lin Manuel/ Jhud-Carole King.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    archie
    Topics:

It will be amazing to see Carlos Vives performing “Colombia, mi encanto” at the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Netflix released the clip for “Feel the Beat” from Vivo, assuming this will be the film’s main song push

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Netflix released the clip for “Feel the Beat” from Vivo, assuming this will be the film’s main song push

Don’t they need a theatrical release of at least one week for the movie to be eligible…I don’t think this movie is in contention

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.