Home Forums Music EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2018

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2018

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
alaska789
Stegeo
vinny
  • alaska789
    Participant
    Topics:

The ESC has evolved over the years from being corny and camp into a premier music contest ..check out the entries from FRANCE, ITALY, GREECE, ISRAEL, GERMANY,  ESTONIA, BELGIUM, FINLAND, UKRAINE and SWITSZERLAND

My predictions for the winners ………

FRANCE…. a mid tempo electro-pop chanson  by a very French duo that has a major political advantage over its competitors as it’s about the migrant crises here in Europe; it’s called ”Merci” and  is a sentimental story of a baby born to migrants while crossing the dangerous Med ..it has a haunting, catchy beat that’s sure to strike a chord and chime with the zeitgeist ! WINNER ALERT ! 20-1 odds

GREECE …Epic and atmospheric ; both eerie, dark and dripping with nostalgia   for a bygone era ; it evokes the glories of Classical Greece  ,nay resurrects the ancient dead, to rendezvous with the present in ecstasy …with drums, flutes and shrieking horns it’s simply transcendent and epic ! COULD WIN 25-1 odds

ESTONIA ….Italian opera ; truly atmospheric …a deserving possible winner !  6-1 odds

BELGIUM … smooth James Bond themed music from a great Belgium female singer …fantastic sound that’s sure to place in the top four !  10-1 odds

• This topic was modified 8 months ago by  alaska789.
    • This topic was modified 8 months ago by  alaska789.
    alaska789
    Participant
    Topics:

Israel, Hungary, Finland and Spain are the best.

—————————-
    ISRAEL aint winning that’s for sure , but Netta will get the idiot vote
    HUNGARY …Head banging heavy metal from around 1983…like Austin Powers, they’re around 30 years too late
    FINLAND …not bad for generic pop
    SPAIN …..mawkish, sentimental and syrupy ”a la ” Donny and Marie Osmond ..that’s only going to win if all the voters are teenagers !

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel pretty confident to rank my top 30 of them and my grades
    1)Italy: 10/10
    2)Australia: 10/10
    3)France: 10/10
    4)Portugal: 10/10
    5)Norway: 10/10
    6)Denmark: 10/10
    7)San Marino: 10/10
    8)Moldova: 9.5/10
    9)Spain: 9.5/10
    10)Ireland: 9/10
    11)Greece: 9/10
    12)Finland: 9/10
    13)Cyprus: 9/10
    14)Iceland: 9/10
    15)Estonia: 9/10
    16)Lithuania: 9/10
    17)Switzerland: 9/10
    18)Isreal: 9/10
    19)Malta: 9/10
    20)The United Kingdom: 9/10
    21)Austria: 8/10
    22)Armenia: 8/10
    23)Czech Republic: 9/10
    24)Georgia: 7.5/10
    25)Ukraine: 7/10
    26)Sweeden: 7/10
    27)Croatia: 7/10
    28)Bulgaria: 7/10
    29)Poland: 7/10
    30)Germany: 6.5/10

The rest I didn’t like but if any of them are in the finals and the live performances are awesome then I might lessen my hate towards them but I despised Russia’s the most.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    alaska789
    Participant
    Topics:

Italy isn’t going to win even though it does have a powerful Anti Jihadist political message…the song is just not very good and Meta and Moro are fortunate in not getting disqualified for lifting the chorus from a previous song of theirs back in 2016; its not plagiarism, but it does contravene the spirit of Eurovision, a sense of fair play and sets a bad precedent ….Meta and Moro are a pair of artful dodgers who look like a duo of scruffy migrants straight off the boat from Albania

ReplyCopy URL
    alaska789
    Participant
    Topics:

Sometimes the best song doesn’t win …check this out; haunting duet and great staging from Estonia !

Elina Born & Stig Rästa – Goodbye To Yesterday (Estonia) – LIVE at Eurovision 2015 Grand Final//YOUTUBE

Or check out this whimsical fairy story ballad from the Balkans…

Hari Mata Hari – Lejla (Bosnia and Herzegovina) 2006 Eurovision Song Contest//YOUTUBE

Surely two of the most beautiful songs that never won !

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  alaska789.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Danny Getany
    Participant
    Topics:

Top 3

Albania 10/10

Italy 10/10

Norway 10/10

ReplyCopy URL
    alaska789
    Participant
    Topics:

WINNER ALERT !

France is steadily climbing in the odds table ; they performed best in all the pre party gigs , and are slowly building momentum and looking to ”peak” at the right moment …they capture the zeitgeist and chime clearly like no other !

Watch out Netta, they are likely to topple you from your lofty perch !

ReplyCopy URL
    alaska789
    Participant
    Topics:

France won the Televote at the Eurojury competition last night, but failed with the Jury vote coming in an overall 4th place

France is now second favourite with the bookies and are building momentum and buzz, but Israel have found that their dynamic video song doesn’t translate well on a live stage ; they are also suffering the curse of high expectations in being the hot favourite ;,unfortunately, many first time viewers are baffled and think it a mere novelty act

ReplyCopy URL
    alaska789
    Participant
    Topics:

The odds for Israel are slipping as we find that her gimmicky video doesn’t transfer well onto a live stage ; Netta seems to be suffering the curse of high expectations ….she seems like a shooting star that blazes across the Heavens before burning out !

On the other hand France seems relaxed, cool and chic giving off winner vibes …I expect their odds to shorten further after Fridays rehearsals before becoming the favourite some time next week like Portugal did last year !

ReplyCopy URL
    Pablo J Garcia
    Participant
    Topics:

Eurovision is a hard contest to guess.
    Or you are a high favorite like “Euphoria” and “Fairytale” or you can get unexpected winners like the year Azerbaiyan won.
    Even last year, Italy was predicted to win, when a love song in portuguese won and the previous year Ukraine defeated highly favourite Russia. Political justice…
    It is also called the gay festival for a reason.
    Apart of that, we also have to consider the voting block. Ex-soviets countries and scandinavian countries.
    And finally, symphatic vote… And this years Czech Rep has it. I have a feeling that next year we will watch it from Prague.

ReplyCopy URL
    nevermore
    Participant
    Topics:

The first semi-final has many good songs and strong representers while the second is pretty weak. It will end up some mediocre songs make the final instead of good ones.

I know that most of the people think Israel would win but I’m not that sure about that. The jury will probably block them. I think there are many jury members who don’t want the contest to be hold in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Not in these circumstances.

Russia will be competing with their weakest song of the last ten years. Last year’s Flame is Burning was way better than this year’s.

Czech Rep has a high chance to enter top 10. Their song is pretty catchy.

My faves are Bulgaria, Greece, Norway, Denmark, Hungary and Georgia. I especially liked Equniox’s Bones.

I wonder what Europe will react to Alexander Rybak. He is quite known in Europe. I wouldn’t be surprised if he would make top 10. He is still very popular.

ReplyCopy URL
    alaska789
    Participant
    Topics:

Cyprus is the new favourite and the likely winner, but it’s a weak generic song with a Greek pop tart for a singer ..pyrotechnics and dancers ..yaaaawn !

Israel is very unlikely to win now that its been toppled from its lofty perch ..the first 30 secs of bizarre chicken noises kills the interest in the song

France is a ”message song” that relies upon staging to get its political/humanitarian message across to the non French speakers; unfortunately they’ve chosen a low key approach that I suspect will leave many first time viewers on Saturday night baffled ….I no longer expect it to win and it could struggle even to reach the top five ; the French are not practical people who simply don’t know how to stage a song well

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Greece sucked and I’m Greek. Cyprus also sucks and I don’t get why it’s supposed to win. Their singer is a Greek singer actually, has no relation to Cyprus whatsoever, but she actually comes from Albania. She’s not a good singer in general, and does not deserve to win, but I guess it’s all a fake fest as is she, fake. I’d prefer a Rybak 2nd win, or even the Israel chicken. Haven’t listened to France.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

The more I listen to Norway, the more I think it can win

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

Israel, Hungary, Finland and Spain are the best.

—————————-
    ISRAEL aint winning that’s for sure , but Netta will get the idiot vote
    HUNGARY …Head banging heavy metal from around 1983…like Austin Powers, they’re around 30 years too late
    FINLAND …not bad for generic pop
    SPAIN …..mawkish, sentimental and syrupy ”a la ” Donny and Marie Osmond ..that’s only going to win if all the voters are teenagers !

You’re so sure of yourself. I’ll keep reminding you of this thread when you get annoying on this board. HAHAHHAHHAHAHHA!!! GO ISRAEL!!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.