Home Forums Music Grammy 2019 Performers Predictions

Grammy 2019 Performers Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 254 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
PoweR
Bryson Atud
  • Bryson Atud
    Participant
    Topics:

So far, Cardi B, Janelle Monae, Kacey Musgraves, Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, Dan + Shay, and Post Malone have been announced to perform. Obviously there are more performers going to be announced. Who else do you think will perform?

Personally I think Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino, Drake, Travis Scott, Brandi Carlile, H.E.R., Chloe x Halle, and possibly The Carters will perform

Vicennn
    Participant
    Topics:

Travis Scott

Bad Bunny – Mia

Grande

Brandi Carlile

Lauren Daigle

I hope Drake performs

H.E.R. and Maren Morris in tribute performances

LG singing one song from the soundtrack

Maybe someone will sing one of The Greatest Showman

Kendrick has already performed BP tracks, Swift is too prideful to attend and Timberlake has a tour date

ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

So far, Cardi B, Janelle Monae, Kacey Musgraves, Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, Dan + Shay, and Post Malone have been announced to perform. Obviously there are more performers going to be announced. Who else do you think will perform? Personally I think Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino, Drake, Travis Scott, Brandi Carlile, H.E.R., Chloe x Halle, and possibly The Carters will perform

LG and Cooper wouldn’t waste the spectacle of the Shallow duet before the oscars, so that’s out of the picture. And Bafta is on the same day as the Grammys so expect Cooper to turn up there instead. Hence I would love for LG to performance Always Remember Us This Way at the Grammy’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

If Kendrick performs this year, it could possibly be to present new music.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Aretha Franklin will obviously have a tribute performance, and I expect Mac Miller, Avicii, and Dolores O’Riordan will as well. Outside of those I think the artists that may perform, arranged from most to least likely, are Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Brandi Carlile, H.E.R., Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino, Maren Morris, Travis Scott, Ella Mai, Dua Lipa, Bebe Rexha, and Greta Van Fleet. Since 2015 there have been between 18 and 20 performances at each ceremony, so with 7 already announced and 4 likely tributes, there’s room for 7-9 more.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m almost sure pink and kelly clarkson would appear as part of the aretha tribute

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

If they’re going to do any type of tribute for Aretha, they at least owe Fantasia a spot since they didn’t give her one the last time. It would be horrendous to leave her out of it once more.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder who’s performing the Aretha tribute, and how many people will be a part of it? Aaron Neville, Adele, Alicia Keys, Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, Chaka Khan, Christina Aguilera, The Clark Sisters, Elton John, Faith Hill, Fantasia, Gladys Knight, Janelle Monáe, Jennifer Holliday, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Patti LaBelle, Ronald Isley, Shirley Caesar, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, and Yolanda Adams all come to mind as possibilities. Mac Miller was friends with Wiz Khalifa, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he performed a tribute. Calvin Harris and Imagine Dragons seem like possibilities for an Avicii tribute. The Bad Wolves cover of Zombie performed well on the charts, so I could see that as the Dolores O’Riordan tribute. The Avett Brothers also covered Linger, so they’re definitely possible as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

They don’t give tributes to everyone. They usually do so for their Grammy favorites, but sometimes they even fail at that. See Natalie Cole and Donna Summer.

Don’t see a big tribute for Avicii, Dolores O’Riordan or Mac Miller outside of In Memoriam spots.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vicennn
    Participant
    Topics:

I want a Queen tribute

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Ariana performs 7 rings, so that the voters get sick of her for conveniently appropriating Black Culture, and she flops again next year…

The song not only borrows from Sound Of Music (melodically) but also Bodak Yellow lyrically in the second verse lol… I don’t know if her team is finding it hard coming up with new ideas.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Ariana performs 7 rings, so that the voters get sick of her for conveniently appropriating Black Culture, and she flops again next year…

The song not only borrows from Sound Of Music (melodically) but also Bodak Yellow lyrically in the second verse lol… I don’t know if her team is finding it hard coming up with new ideas.

lmao what

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

They don’t give tributes to everyone. They usually do so for their Grammy favorites, but sometimes they even fail at that. See Natalie Cole and Donna Summer.

Don’t see a big tribute for Avicii, Dolores O’Riordan or Mac Miller outside of In Memoriam spots.

Last year they had 5 tribute performances, I have a hard time seeing them dropping down to just one. Obviously the Aretha tribute will be huge, but it’s not inconceivable that the others get a one song tribute, especially Mac since he’s nominated this year. O’Riordan probably won’t get one since she was never nominated for a Grammy, but she had some iconic hits so I think it’s still possible. Avicii had a couple of nominations, so he’s definitely a possibility. I could see Mac and O’Riordan getting a tribute together since their deaths were both overdoses, similar to Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington getting one tribute last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Fuck performers!  Televise more awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Fuck performers! Televise more awards.

That’s so fucking obvious that I don’t get why they keep pushing that many performances. It’s boring, I always fall asleep at some point.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 254 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.