Home Forums Music Grammy 2019 Performers Predictions

Grammy 2019 Performers Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 243 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
PoweR
Bryson Atud
  • Mindi Palmer
    Participant
    Topics:

These established rap acts are distancing themselves more and more from these award shows every time they lose or Hip Hop isn’t given its due. The only reason Cardi, Post Malone, Young Thug and Travis Scott wouldn’t distance themselves is because they’re rookies and need the spotlight. With that said, even if Kendrick ends up losing for a fourth time, he still has a good chance at AOTY. It would be saddening if he wins while he’s not there.

Grammys definitely lost a lot of the prestige and interest from music stars they had like even a few years ago- the only big relevant artists that will perform/attend right now are Gaga, Malone,  Cardi, Cardi and Travis (and 3 of them being new on the music scene). Drake, Ariana, Taylor, Kendrick, Childlish Gambino, even Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber all skipped recently.

ReplyCopy URL
    Geoff Andrew
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana performed “just a little bit of your heart”, a non single, at the grammys too. It doesn’t mean the grammys didn’t choose it though.

the reason all to well was being performed was because the fans requested it. she always pointed that out

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

ariana knows the rules. her manager jsut saw how much attention lorde got last year. they wanted to media to feel sorry for her as if she was some kind of victim to the big bad grammy bullies.

This is a bit different from the Lorde situation, where she wanted to perform songs from her nominated album, but the Grammys didn’t let her. From my understanding ,the Grammys wanted Ariana to perform a song from her nominated album, but she didn’t want to.

This is great for Ariana though, with the amount of publicity generated for her new album (which coincidently comes out today) and this is probably going to help her album reviews too.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

After listening to “Break Up Wit Your Girlfriend” I can see why the grammy’s wanted to select the songs lol…

This may appeal to teens, but it’ll definitely make their main audience switch channel..

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not a rap album. It’s a commercially successful soundtrack (curated by a 12 grammy-winning artist) of a movie that was a cultural phenomenon that managed to get several Oscar Nominations and won a major award at the SAGAs. Mind you that many of SAGA voters are also from the music industry (radio hosts/DJs etc..).

I posted this in the other thread… I for some reason thought it was nominated in the Rap Album category. Not sure why I thought that, but maybe it was a brain fart. Since it’s not, it might have a chance after all, but I’m still going with Kacey for the win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

This is a bit different from the Lorde situation, where she wanted to perform songs from her nominated album, but the Grammys didn’t let her. From my understanding ,the Grammys wanted Ariana to perform a song from her nominated album, but she didn’t want to.

This is great for Ariana though, with the amount of publicity generated for her new album (which coincidently comes out today) and this is probably going to help her album reviews too.

From what I read, they wanted her to perform a medley. She would be allowed to pick the first song, but they would have to pick the second song.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Performances I’m most excited for:
    1. Janelle Monáe
    2. Camila Cabello, J Balvin, Arturo Sandoval, Ricky Martin, and Young Thug
    3. Lady Gaga and Mark Ronson
    4. Dolly Parton, Kacey Musgraves, Maren Morris, Little Big Town, Katy Perry, and Miley Cyrus
    5. Cardi B

ReplyCopy URL
    Killer King
    Participant
    Topics:

Janelle Monáe and Kacey Musgraves both deserve their Grammy moments, they have such great artistic instincts and I wish them both well. Janelle should perform Pynk which is such a great feminist anthem I love, love, love that song! or crazy, classic, life. It’s an injustice that none of her singles from Dirty Computer took off, she is so underrated.

ice cream castles in the air...

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghostface Killah
    Participant
    Topics:

I still kinda think that Kendrick is attending, maybe it’s possible surprise performance by him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Royal Night
    Participant
    Topics:

Have you all seen the list of presenters? I hate to sound snobby but they seriously couldn’t get any bigger or more acclaimed names than these? I really think it’s telling that “Music’s Biggest Night” can’t seem to get any more legends or A-list stars.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.grammy.com/grammys/news/kelsea-ballerini-leon-bridges-luke-combs-bts-more-present-2019-grammys%3famp

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga and Janelle are the only performers I’m waiting for.The rest go from meh to trash.

ReplyCopy URL
    brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought it was already confirmed Kendrick was going, he just declined the performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghostface Killah
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought it was already confirmed Kendrick was going, he just declined the performance.

It is confirmed but i’m still hoping you know. Gambino and Drake are not attending i guess.

BTW, only performance i get excited for is Janelle Monae’s performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Killer King
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga and Janelle are the only performers I’m waiting for.The rest go from meh to trash.

Mine are Janelle, Kacey and also Gaga(I especially loved her performance of Joanne/Million Reasons last year) that flawless exhibition of her vocal ability is partly the reason why Joanne is nominated for Pop Solo I bet. Women are stepping up as they have for decades it’s now up to the recording academy y’all need to step up. The disrespect for Lorde and dictating Ariana’s performance this year is a shade under blatant sexism imo

ice cream castles in the air...

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Kendrick will perform. He seems to follow the style of staying out of the public’s eyes while working on new music.

He will solely attend at most.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 243 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.