Home Forums Music Grammys 2024 Predictions (Part 1)

Grammys 2024 Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 358 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gucci
Lorenzo Dillard
Munchi

• basich_john
    Topics:

All Taylor Swift needs is acclaim/notable sales in order to be a GF lock. Which will likely happen.

afaik the grammys really dont look at sales as a main factor when considering who to vote for. otherwise reputation woulda at least been nominated lol.  there were so many times when artists that were virtual no-namers and beat out the hotshots of that year. unless the grammys reconsidered their criteria  i wouldnt put sales a factor.

that said, i feel like the grammys are still ‘hate-giving’ taylor swift AOTYs lmao. they’ll snub her at every opportunity in every fields, but given how weak the competitors are nowadays, they just couldnt give it to another artist lmao. we’ll see.

ReplyCopy URL

alex.g
    Topics:

afaik the grammys really dont look at sales as a main factor when considering who to vote for. otherwise reputation woulda at least been nominated lol. there were so many times when artists that were virtual no-namers and beat out the hotshots of that year. unless the grammys reconsidered their criteria i wouldnt put sales a factor. that said, i feel like the grammys are still ‘hate-giving’ taylor swift AOTYs lmao. they’ll snub her at every opportunity in every fields, but given how weak the competitors are nowadays, they just couldnt give it to another artist lmao. we’ll see.

99% of the time it’s sales, or perhaps more accurately, how well known you are when Grammy voters scroll down that list of 1000 names to add someone to their nominations list (alphabetical order helps sometimes). For the most part it’s about having people in the industry know who you are and sales certainly help.

ReplyCopy URL

Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Even though it’s not even out yet, “Snow on the Beach” (Taylor Swift & Lana Del Rey) could be a lock for a BPDGP nomination?

ReplyCopy URL

almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Even though it’s not even out yet, “Snow on the Beach” (Taylor Swift & Lana Del Rey) could be a lock for a BPDGP nomination?

No?..

Taylor has had way too many pop snubs for her to ever be a lock with an album track.

World Cup:
    RIP 🇨🇦
    🇦🇷 (either 🇷🇸 or 🇨🇭)

ReplyCopy URL

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

“Breathe” was nominated because there were a quadrillion Pop categories. In a merged Pop Duo/Group lineup, it would’ve definitely missed.

“exile” only nominated because it came out just months before voting. If “Snow on the Beach” came out in late Summer 2023, maybe it could get in.

Take “Nothing New” for example. It’s a great song, but it’s a non-factor this year. “I Bet You Think About Me” is a completely different story though.

ReplyCopy URL

Goldwing
    Topics:

I feel like you forget that Lana despite not being a sales juggernaut is much better known in the general public than Chris or Phoebe, the collaboration already raises certain expectations in the pop community.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

“exile”’s BPDGP nod benefitted from Folklore’s late release. I doubt the Lana collab is locked unless it’s a single & performs well.

ReplyCopy URL

Almond
    Topics:

If the Chromatica Ball special is released, that’d be eligible for Music Film.

ReplyCopy URL

M
    Topics:

Rihanna seen heading to the studio once again:
    https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/rihanna-silver-jersey-outfit-studio-hollywood/

Very excited about R9! I hope she wins AOTY if it’s a good album. I think she’ll deliver.

ReplyCopy URL

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Rihanna might be releasing songs from the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever soundtrack. Just a rumor though.

ReplyCopy URL

Cameron
    Topics:

Rihanna is really coming ! 6 years of waiting lol

ReplyCopy URL

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Nicki Minaj claims she’s going to releasse her 5th album in 2022 (next year, let’s be honest), which means Cardi B is also going to release her sophomore album in time for the 2024 Grammys.

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/nicki-minaj-in-conversation-with-jada-pinkett-smith

ReplyCopy URL

JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I’m sorry but to Rihanna fans, did even R8 live up to the hype? Are you really excited to hear a Rihanna that’s been out of the studio for over six years when the one of half that period wasn’t anything exciting?

Most likely she’ll churn out another bare-minimum, trend-hopping record. This isn’t to insult her, it’s just what I’ve come to expect from her. I remember how hyped I was for ANTI just for me to be fast asleep less than halfway through.

ReplyCopy URL

Cameron
    Topics:

ANTi stood the test of time but that’s your opinion.

ReplyCopy URL

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

ANTI is one of the longest charting albums in Billboard’s history. It exceeded hype & sustained longevity. The SB will only give it more of a boost.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 358 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.