Home Forums Music Grammys 2024 Predictions (Part 1)

Grammys 2024 Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 743 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gucci
lovetodream
Lorenzo Dillard

• lovetodream
    Topics:

Chloe finally announced her debut solo album, In Pieces, set for a release in March. Praying she can sliver into a Progressive R&B nom!

i think this album is going to be great actually. i’m glad she decided to drop the previously released singles, and will hopefully be going a more artistic direction than songs like have mercy. have mercy is fun don’t get me wrong but like…😭also would she be eligible for bna? or not because she was in a group before that got nominated for the same category

Cameron
    Topics:

Chloe shouldn’t have no issue getting nominated. Her and Halle have been nominated twice already in Progressive R&B.

Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

i think this album is going to be great actually. i’m glad she decided to drop the previously released singles, and will hopefully be going a more artistic direction than songs like have mercy. have mercy is fun don’t get me wrong but like…😭also would she be eligible for bna? or not because she was in a group before that got nominated for the same category

She’d be ineligible for BNA since she was already nominated as part of CxH.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, it is rather obvious that the general public is NOT here for Chloe as a solo artist.  Her new album will flop, flop, flop.  She better do another Chloe x Halle album.

lovetodream
    Topics:

Honey, it is rather obvious that the general public is NOT here for Chloe as a solo artist. Her new album will flop, flop, flop. She better do another Chloe x Halle album.

have mercy charted higher than any chloe x halle song though? her album will probably see the same numbers as ungodly hour

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Praying for Chloe to be placed in Progressive R&B Album and not Pop Vocal Album or R&B Album.

I think Prog R&B is less competitive and the demographic voting for SOS will likely name-check Chloe early in the ballot as they scroll all the way down to SZA.

liz
    Topics:

they’re coming for that BNA spot!

liz
    Topics:

Flo and NewJeans are the best things that happened last year, GOOD GIRLGROUPS ARE BACK!

Bridgers13
    Topics:

they’re coming for that BNA spot!

I’m literally begging their label for a radio deal in the US. They got two songs on the hot100 with no promo at all. They can’t miss the opportunity, come oooon.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Girl groups and boy groups are Grammy poison. Their fans are mostly an internet niche with a demographic that doesn’t intersect with/appeal to Grammy voters.

BTS only receives nominations every year because:

1. Pop Duo/Group Performance is less competitive than BPVA and BPSP
    2. of alphabetical order privilege
    3. at this point BTS is a household name

Every year Blackpink fans set themselves for disappointment deludedly believing that their idols are finally going to be nominated. And they’re closer to meeting the same requirements as BTS than any rookie group only passionate K-Pop enthusiasts are familiar with.

So far, FLO are limited to the “stan twitter favorite” cardboard box (see what i did there?). The internet thinks they’re more popular than they actually are.

Kai
    Topics:

Girl groups and boy groups are Grammy poison.

This is a topic that isn’t discussed enough. BTS stans scream about “xenophobia”, which obviously a genuine thing, but forget the fact that boy band bias is already a prevalent thing at the Grammys. One Direction, who had more GP recognition let’s be real, have ZERO Grammy nominations. Backstreet Boys and NSYNC have zero wins and BTS are only 3 noms away from their total. All things considered, BTS have performed VERY well at the Grammys.

Bridgers13
    Topics:

Yeah, I’ve said it before, the only way I see a kpop group being nominated is if they have another “Dynamite” which I don’t think is gonna happen. Just hope NewJeans actually get some investiment in the US, it would be stupid not too. Also Rolling Stone was foul to give BP fans hope after putting “Born Pink” on their AOTY predictions.

joesilver
    Topics:

Brandi Carlile winning AOTY next sunday would be great news for SZA

Because now she will have the narrative of a black female not winning in 25 years. Also her album is a massive success, 7 consecutive weeks at #1 and counting and big acclaim.

Gucci
    Topics:

Brandi Carlile + thinking she is winning Album of the Year =

hessa_life
    Topics:

welp… I guess AOTY is either going to Harry, Lizzo, ABBA, or Brandi Carlile

Stream “emails I can’t send” by Sabrina Carpenter!!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 743 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2024 Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.