Home Forums Music Grammy Awards 2020: Best Rock

Grammy Awards 2020: Best Rock

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
theexterminator
JennyLewisFan
Marco B.
Grammy Awards 2020: Best Rock
1. Slipknot: We Are Not Your Kind
2. Tool: Fear Inoculum
3. Rammstein: Rammestien (2019)
  • TedFears
    Participant
    Topics:

2019 is becoming a good year for Rock Music. With the Grammy nominations coming up in November, what album has the best chance of being nominated?

theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

Tool are Slipknot are locks.

Rammstein were never Grammy darlings. They’re enormous here in Europe, but they aren’t very popular in the States.

ReplyCopy URL
    JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Tool are Slipknot are locks. Rammstein were never Grammy darlings. They’re enormous here in Europe, but they aren’t very popular in the States.

Yeah. “Deutscheland” was cool though. I doubt it’s getting a nod for Metal performance.

Would Sum 41’s latest release be a contender in the Rock Album category? I’m also having doubts about one of my favorite albums of this year, Bad Religion’s Age of Unreason, getting love at the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah. “Deutscheland” was cool though. I doubt it’s getting a nod for Metal performance. Would Sum 41’s latest release be a contender in the Rock Album category? I’m also having doubts about one of my favorite albums of this year, Bad Religion’s Age of Unreason, getting love at the Grammys.

Everything is possible. Nobody expected to see Sum 41 receiving a nomination for best hard rock/metal perf in 2010, but this year rock album is too crowded: Tool, Greta, Slipknot, Gary Clark, Cage the Elephant, Muse, BMTH, Raconteurs, Black Keys…

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully Slipknot will be snubbed, although I doubt that. I don’t understand the acclaim for their new album, which is as mediocre as they are. Haven’t heard Fear Inoculum yet, but I bet it’s infinitely superior.

ReplyCopy URL
    JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Everything is possible. Nobody expected to see Sum 41 receiving a nomination for best hard rock/metal perf in 2010, but this year rock album is too crowded: Tool, Greta, Slipknot, Gary Clark, Cage the Elephant, Muse, BMTH, Raconteurs, Black Keys…

I’m not 100% sure Gary Clark Jr.’s This Land will be fit into the Rock Album category. No doubt, the album’s lead single “This Land” is a rock song, and, in my opinion, deserves a nomination for Rock Performance, but the majority of the album sounds more like Contemporary Blues.

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

There are a lot of rock categories:

Best Rock Performance
    Best Metal Performance
    Best Rock Song
    Best Rock Album

Plus:
    Best Alternative Music Album

Plus there are also some Rock albums that might be eligible in some of the American Roots categories.

For Best Rock Album I’m thinking Tool will get the win with “Fear Inoculum” and have a good chance of another win in Best Metal Performance with “Pneuma” or whatever track they submit there.

The album has some great reviews (except pitchfork) and appears that the first week sales will be in the Top 5 album sales (SPS) weeks so far this year, regardless of genre.

They might also get a nomination in Best Recording Package.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  alex00g2.
    ReplyCopy URL
    JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Recording Package is a category I have no clue whatsoever of what will be nominated, though, not to brag, I was pretty darn sure MASSEDUCTION was getting at least a nomination.

It wouldn’t be cool to start a Recording Package discussion here. The “unpopular” category, currently on page 2, is for categories like these.

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

It wouldn’t be cool to start a Recording Package discussion here. The “unpopular” category, currently on page 2, is for categories like these.

Thanks for the reminder about that thread. I wasn’t trying debate Best Recording Package in here, just making a note that “Fear Inoculum” might get nominations in multiple categories, which often helps the album in it’s main category.

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

Tool will receive 4/5 nominations:

*Rock album

*metal perf

*rock song

*recording package (for Adam Jones

*maybe AOTY

I don’t understand why they didn’t film a music video for Fear Inoculum, they could be nominated in that category.

ReplyCopy URL
    TomRods
    Participant
    Topics:

rock album predictions
    Fear Inoculum – Tool
    Gold & Grey – Baroness
    We Are Not Your Kind – Slipknot
    This Land – Gary Clark Jr
    Let’s Rock – The Black Keys

ReplyCopy URL
    JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

My predictions in the rock field

BEST ROCK ALBUM

Fear Inoculum by TOOL

We Are Not Your Kind by Slipknot

“Let’s Rock” by The Black Keys

amo by Bring Me the Horizon

Order in Decline by Sum 41

BEST ROCK PERFORMANCE

“BLOW” by Ed Sheeran, Chris Stapleton & Bruno Mars (not my prediction entirely, but it seems like the kind of thing they’d nominate)

“Don’t Hurt Yourself” (Homecoming Live) by Beyoncé (again, not my prediction)

“This Land” by Gary Clark Jr.

“Out for Blood” by Sum 41

“Do the Paranoid Style” by Bad Religion

“He Loves Me” by Brittany Howard

“People” by The 1975

BEST METAL PERFORMANCE

“Unsainted” by Slipknot

“Fear Inoculum” by TOOL

“You’ll Never Find Me” by Korn

“Heaven and Hell and Fire” by Rotting Christ

“Deutschland” by Rammstein

BEST ROCK SONG

“The Hype” written by Tyler Joseph (twenty one pilots)

“Harmony Hall” written by Ezra Koenig (Vampire Weekend)

“medicine” written by Oliver Sykes, Jordan Fish, Lee Malia, Matthew Kean & Matthew Nicholls (Bring Me the Horizon)

“Do the Paranoid Style” written by Brett W. Gurewitz & Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

“Lo/Hi” written by Dan Auerbach & Patrick Carney (The Black Keys)

Not in the rock field, but I’d like to add

BEST ALTERNATIVE MUSIC ALBUM

Father of the Bride by Vampire Weekend

I, I by Bon Iver

American Football (LP3) by American Football

I Am Easy to Find by The National

Remind Me Tomorrow by Sharron Van Etten

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

My predictions in the rock field BEST ROCK ALBUM Fear Inoculum by TOOL We Are Not Your Kind by Slipknot “Let’s Rock” by The Black Keys amo by Bring Me the Horizon Order in Decline by Sum 41 BEST ROCK PERFORMANCE “BLOW” by Ed Sheeran, Chris Stapleton & Bruno Mars (not my prediction entirely, but it seems like the kind of thing they’d nominate) “Don’t Hurt Yourself” (Homecoming Live) by Beyoncé (again, not my prediction) “This Land” by Gary Clark Jr. “Out for Blood” by Sum 41 “Do the Paranoid Style” by Bad Religion “He Loves Me” by Brittany Howard “People” by The 1975 BEST METAL PERFORMANCE “Unsainted” by Slipknot “Fear Inoculum” by TOOL “You’ll Never Find Me” by Korn “Heaven and Hell and Fire” by Rotting Christ “Deutschland” by Rammstein BEST ROCK SONG “The Hype” written by Tyler Joseph (twenty one pilots) “Harmony Hall” written by Ezra Koenig (Vampire Weekend) “medicine” written by Oliver Sykes, Jordan Fish, Lee Malia, Matthew Kean & Matthew Nicholls (Bring Me the Horizon) “Do the Paranoid Style” written by Brett W. Gurewitz & Greg Graffin (Bad Religion) “Lo/Hi” written by Dan Auerbach & Patrick Carney (The Black Keys) Not in the rock field, but I’d like to add BEST ALTERNATIVE MUSIC ALBUM Father of the Bride by Vampire Weekend I, I by Bon Iver American Football (LP3) by American Football I Am Easy to Find by The National Remind Me Tomorrow by Sharron Van Etten

Rotting Christ? Cool! But very unlikely. They probably will nominate american bands like Baroness, Code Orange or Deafheaven.

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure that The Black Keys will be snubbed this time.

ReplyCopy URL
    JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve noticed a lot of people saying This Land would make a great Best Rock Album. I agree too, but I doubt it’d be in the Rock Album category. I’m almost 100% sure that it fits best in the Contemporary Blues Album category.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.