Home Forums Music Grammy Awards 2022 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

Grammy Awards 2022 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 392 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Monet Tejada
almanzarlamar..
M
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I’d argue that Jazmine Sullivan and Doja Cat were greater upsets than Batiste.

I wouldn’t call Doja an upset, just the Grammys not making (what seemed like) the blatantly obvious Grammy decision. Hits usually rule in that category and “Kiss Me More” was the biggest hit there. Doja also had across-the-board general field nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I’m sure it’s been noted here already, but…

How beyond stupid is it that none of the Grammy winners for R&B Album, Rock Album, Country Album or Rap Album were even nominated for Album of the Year??????

Additionally, Foo Fighters and Chris Stapleton SWEPT their genre categories, so it REALLY doesn’t make sense how they were left out… with 10 nominees and no rock or country representation.

If that’s not a clear sign that Harvey & and his friends hand-picked the General Field nominees, then I don’t know what is!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Y’all really need to get over your conspiracy theories with the Grammys when y’all don’t like the results or the winners. It’s corny now. We already know nominations round and final voting are not the same. The final round turnout is probably bigger than the first round. Just like how 3x nominee CODA can win over 12x nominee The Power of the Dog at the Oscars. Two different rounds of voting could possibly have weird results.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Also people who voted for Jon Batiste probably believe that Republican Sentor Tom Cotton’s (who recently made headlines) dehumanizing quote that says “Racism is a necessary evil”. Batiste represents that. Institutionalized racism and stupid Goldderby supports that.

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

IKR, it’s so racist that the grammys decided to give AOTY to a black jazz musician making an R&B Album! The americana wins for a song about the Black Lives Matter movement and music video win for a video celebrating Black Louisiana culture were especially racist! If the grammys really wanted to end racism they should’ve voted for the album by two white people covering a white person!

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Quote my complete post pls. You are so stupid to believe people think that. Why didn’t he got a single R&B win?

You are trying to argue that the grammys are racist for choosing to award a black man instead of Lady fucking Gaga. Don’t think I’m the stupid one here.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

You absolutely no idea about Institutionalized racism.

Why didn’t any of these Genre sweepers got in the general field? And btw Obama also lost his Grammy while they have a former Obama aid as a head of the Grammys so good luck with that on the Midterms Amerikkka.

lady gaga sucks

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

“Ya gotta hold this when ya talk, girl!”

🤣 🤣 🤣

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

Perhaps the Grammy voters appreciated Jon Batiste’s musicianship and his activism and his role as a hard working bandleader and it wasn’t all about the album, just like a Tony Bennett win wouldn’t have been all about the album.

But it seems that the person who is the most upset by this, is someone that wanted Love For Sale to win.

This has to be some sort of trolling.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PersonalCoochiePopper
    Topics:

You absolutely no idea about Institutionalized racism. Why didn’t any of these Genre sweepers got in the general field? And btw Obama also lost his Grammy while they have a former Obama aid as a head of the Grammys so good luck with that on the Midterms Amerikkka.

You are so performative bitch lmaooooo stfu

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

RE: Jazmine Sullivan upset

Honey, I would NOT consider Jazmine Sullivan’s Best R&B Album win an upset.  Many users were predicting it to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

The whole thing is a popularity contest among the members.
    Who knows who?
    Who is friends with whom?
    Who wants to be friends with whom?
    Who likes who more?
    Who is trying to work with whom?
    Ya’ll go off of your own personal preferences but forget to take into account those questions.
    Every award show is a popularity contest. Whether the a group of ‘professionals’ vote or whether the public votes. Even if all you off of is “who sold more” or “who is played more” then it is still a popularity vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

Lady Gaga now has 13x as many Grammys as Britney Spears.

Wild!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    J_e_r_r_y
    Topics:

The show was not as good as last year’s period. The awards were so much more predictable, the performances were inferior, and the discourse and conspiracies are already becoming tired. Jon Batiste released a good album that had buzz within the industry, he won. This happened to Beck and countless other niche artists/projects. I think people had this odd pre-preconceived notion that the most popular albums nominated would win. When in all reality the splitting of the pop vote was destined to cause an album from behind to jump into the lead. And I think those who thought a collection of covers would win simply as a farewell gift to Tony Bennett were ridiculous were delusional. It never stood a chance. There just isn’t a voting bloc big enough for it to have won. So yes overall this was just an under baked version of last year’s show. They still cannot shake off the awkwardness of post-virus ceremonies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

This has to be some sort of trolling.

It is, always was. I dont know why people give the attention.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    J_e_r_r_y
    Topics:

Pop, Jazz and Traditional Pop Vocal album so STFU. You absolutely don’t know a f@cking thing. He has won the GF multiple times.

Yeah the album had zero “pop” support the second we saw Kiss Me More win BPD/GP. Which is something that I called would happen from the jump. Traditional pop/jazz is a witling in size voting bloc. A jazz album has not won in 14 years. That was Gaga and Tony’s voting bloc. It proved to be not enough because in all reality the album was getting buzz BECAUSE it was Tony’s last. Grammys rarely hand out prizes based on sentimental things like that. The album didn’t even have half of the acclaim that The Joni Letters (the last jazz record to win this award) received. Also, Tony last won this award nearly 30 years ago. Stop comparing the voting bloc from then to the voting bloc now. Just be happy that the album got it’s cute couple of wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 392 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.