Home Forums Music Grammy Awards 2022 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

Grammy Awards 2022 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 392 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Monet Tejada
almanzarlamar..
M
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The pop voters have done such a great job in recent years. I’m really impressed. Their wins have been really fair and what should be expected.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I gotta say, though I’m sad for Olivia in AOTY (still glad she got her flowers for BPVA, BPSP & BNA), I’m really happy to see an all-POC General Field 4! Has this ever happened before?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    stilloverit
    Topics:

Ugh I always had a feeling Jon would win but Tony seemed undeniable and then Olivia I knew would garner the most pop support. But I’m so happy he won, its been way too long since a black artist won

FYC: Abbott Elementary, Squid Games, Ozark, and The White Lotus in every category

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Not some of you saying that Gaga is desperate for… Grammy!?

She has 14 Grammys! She doesn’t need them anymore. She is way above them now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Zero awards for Billie, but I’m sure she’s fine with her Oscar. Happier Than Ever wasn’t really that big of an era, so for her to show up again shows how much the industry loves her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Honestly, I really loved most of the winners (the surprises!!!) and the show as a whole. That Bieber performance was the low point for me and I wish we got to see Gaga’s speech for Tony (but I’m sure she will say some lovely words soon). Those are my only complaints lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

There was reason to believe LFS could’ve won. The truth is, the competition was extreme this year. Jon clearly had across the board industry support that paid off. Tony still had a wonderful send off and Gaga will still be one of the main talking points of the night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Love for Sale didn’t deserve, but in what universe We Are is the Album of the Year lol I love the chaos of the Grammys tho

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

evermore joining the elite club of Taylor Swift albums to lose album of the year with Red… not every album is good enough to be in that company!

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

While Adele sweeping is a very possible situation, 30 came and went. I think Adele could lose if she’s up against the right person.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    stilloverit
    Topics:

But one thing I knew for sure was Billie going home empty handed. HTE was a forgetful, flop album carried by the title track which wouldnt win because of her winning ROTY twice in a row.

FYC: Abbott Elementary, Squid Games, Ozark, and The White Lotus in every category

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

As much as I would’ve loved a moment for Gaga to take a GF Grammy and for Tony to get his flowers, LFS winning would’ve been ridiculous and underwhelming judging the project solely by itself.

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, finally no white General Field winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Rain On Me winning over Exile and Kiss Me More winning over I Get A Kick, really shows that non-hits almost never win in the pop categories, it’s that simple.

Batiste losing ROTY  also shows that category will always go to big hits, even if you win AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nick4bty
    Topics:

So how did Jon win exactly? What voting bloc came through for him? Jazz? Urban? Surely pop split between all the pop albums, but you’d think L4S would have had more widespread industry support, but somehow they went for Jon Baptist instead. I mean, even urban/R&B voters were split on him. It doesn’t really make much sense. At least for an album like Arcade Fire, it was kind of obvious how the votes split and they managed to squeak out the win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 392 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.