December 6, 2016 at 9:13 am #1201963156
Forgive me for creating a new thread, but the other one only focuses on snubs and upsets.
First off, I’m very surprised with how “commercial” the Grammys went this year. I am so used to seeing talented, but non-commercially successful songs and artist receiving nominations, so this year feels different to me. Not sure how I feel about it yet though.
– Kelly Clarkson’s “Piece By Piece” for Pop Solo!!! Rooting for this to win hard since it clearly deserves to be a Grammy Award winning song and the performance on Idol was heart-breaking and perfect! Also, the fact that this category is called “performance” means she should win even more.
– Surprised to see Demi Lovato for Pop Album, but happy that it made the cut since it had several great pop songs.
– Panic at the Disco’s “Death of a Bachelor” for Rock Album! Go Panic!
– I like the song “Closer” so I’m happy it got in for Pop Duo, and extra happy that Halsey is now a Grammy Nominee.
– Josh Groban has another chance to win his 1st Grammy Award for Traditional Pop
– Flume’s “Never Be Like You” for Dance Recording
– Women dominating the Country Solo category!
– Chris Young and Cassadee Pope’s “Think of You” for Best Country Duo! Cassadee is now a Grammy Nominee!
– Country Song could go to anyone and I would be fine, but happy to see Rhett now a Grammy Nominee.
– Kelsea Ballerini for Best New Artist
– Over-nominating Beyonce
– Pentatonix for Country Group, really? It’s a shame that they are only getting in because they are singing with Dolly Parton. Stealing a spot from an actual country act, shameful.
– Country Album should have included “Storytellers” and “Mr. Misunderstood”
– Nominations for the song “Work”
– Too many nominations for Twenty One Pilots
– Only a Boxed/Special Edition nomination for The 1975December 6, 2016 at 9:24 am #1201963165
Somebody from The Voice did something? Is this their first winner (or contestant) to actually accomplish something? After 31 seasons? I remember her and her season, I wanted her to win…December 6, 2016 at 10:00 am #1201963195
I am incredibly happy about FBR artists getting their nominations, although there are like three in best Rock Album and I’m rooting for Panic! there. Death of a Bachelor is just great all around. Overjoyed for Tyler and Josh/TOP.
Personally don’t get why Kanye has so many nominations. Pablo was so far away from being his best work.
Panda nominated? Puh-leeze!
Quite sad that Radiohead didn’t get into Best Album.
Don’t understand the Bieber nominations in GF and the nominations for Work kinda boggle my mind. Not the best song on Anti.December 6, 2016 at 10:13 am #1201963201
How was Beyonce over nominated?? She was left out of her home category?!? LOLDecember 6, 2016 at 10:18 am #1201963203This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.December 6, 2016 at 10:26 am #1201963204
– Beyonce received WAY too many nominations
– Justin Bieber in AOTY
– Demi Lovato
– Maxwell snubbed in Best R&B Album
– The R&B field
– The Rap field
– Rihanna getting 8 nominations
– Kanye West received WAY too many nominationsDecember 6, 2016 at 11:40 am #1201963269
Bowie doing well in the Rock/Alternative field, hope he wins big.
Though, I am not a big fan of hers, it is nice to see Beyoncé nominated in different genres at the Grammys (General, Pop, Rock, Rap, Urban, etc.) as it shows that she is appreciated across the board
Chance the Rapper, I hope he wins BNA
PJ Harvey in Alternative Music Album, nice to see some women represented in the rock field.
Cheap Thrills getting nominated for something, though I would have liked to seen it in ROTY. I hope it wins Pop Duo/Group
I appreciate that the R&B field is random as lesser known mainstream acts are being acknowledged.
Other thoughts: Rock Album is all over the place, I don’t know who to pick.December 6, 2016 at 11:46 am #1201963274This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.December 6, 2016 at 11:53 am #1201963277
- The love for Bey
- The love for Adele
- Demi! Ariana!
- Kanye doubles up with Famous AND Ultralight Beam
- Rihanna lowkey slayed my expectations
- Coldplay 🙁
- Beyonce shut out of R&B besides Urban Contemporary Album?? WTF
- Drake gets into AOTY for a critically irrelevant album. Even his #1 sales can’t make up for the album itself: crappé
- BOWIE BOWIE BOWIE
- Alessia Cara? Grammys why? Chainsmokers over her, really?
Why do I follow the Grammys when people like Bowie and Cara and Hozier get SNUBBED, and people like Drake and Meghan Trainor and the Chainsmokers don’t? What is the logic here?December 6, 2016 at 12:05 pm #1201963284
Demi Lovato and Ariana Grande getting nominated for Pop Vocal, hope one of them wins
Adele got too many nominations, she only deserved two.
Alessia Cara completely shut out
Adele only deserved two?!? “Hello” was a massive success and “25” was a massive success critically and commercially. I’m surprised she never got a Music Video nod for “Hello”. I’ll eat my shoes if Ariana or Demi win over Adele for Pop Album. It’s like comparing Wine to Grape Juice.December 6, 2016 at 12:14 pm #1201963295This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.December 6, 2016 at 1:22 pm #1201963362
Chance the Rapper nods
Lukas Graham Nods
CSTF! Not in any big categories
Formation in General Field
Lukas Graham snubbed for BNA
Drake and Justin Bieber in AOTY
Radiohead Snubbed in AOTY
Desiigner nominatedDecember 6, 2016 at 1:40 pm #1201963381This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.December 6, 2016 at 2:07 pm #1201963405
Formation in General Field and the love for Beyoncé
Solange got her first Grammy nom
Work in ROTY
Drake in AOTY
David Bowie snubbed in AOTY
Justin Bieber in AOTY
Alessia Cara shut outDecember 6, 2016 at 2:33 pm #1201963429
Bowie got nominated, but not in a way that seems JUST for his death
Beyonce being fantastic
Kanye West for Famous and Ultralight Beam
Ariana getting 2 well deserved nods.
Chance the Rapper
Demi Lovato being nominated for Confident
Heathens being nominated for awards
Purpose for AOTY
No Alessia Cara
no Pentatonix in A Capella (aren’t they basically the reason that category now exists?)
Views being nominated for AOTY
Lukas Graham being nominated in general
No Selena Gomez- hear me out- she had 3 pop number 1s and 3 of her best songs ever. Revival is much better than Confident. She deserves a nomination at least. No win needed.
All Drake this year because Views was terrible
Storyteller not getting nominated in country.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.