Home Forums Music Grammys 2020: Rock

Grammys 2020: Rock

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
theexterminator
JennyLewisFan
Darren
  • ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyonce was nominated 3 years ago.

Beyonce had a critically acclaimed crossover song with Jack White, totally different situation.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

The Black Keys Low/ Hi has been a pretty consistent song in Rock/Alternative Radio and Charts. Their album Lets Rock has pretty positive reviews. I’d say they are probably front runners in the rock category, considering they are Grammy favorites looking at their past Record Of The Year and Album Of The Year Nominations In 2013 and other wins that year. Though it would be great to see Vampire Weekend overperform them.

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyonce had a critically acclaimed crossover song with Jack White, totally different situation.

Ed has a song that landed into the rock charts and recorded by another two Grammy darlings.

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

The Black Keys Low/ Hi has been a pretty consistent song in Rock/Alternative Radio and Charts. Their album Lets Rock has pretty positive reviews. I’d say they are probably front runners in the rock category, considering they are Grammy favorites looking at their past Record Of The Year and Album Of The Year Nominations In 2013 and other wins that year. Though it would be great to see Vampire Weekend overperform them.

Gary Clark and Tool are the frontrunners for rock song and rock album, respectively.

Rock performance could be a possibility if Chester Bennington’s song was submitted to metal.

ReplyCopy URL
    joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

The Rock performance category has been won by dead artists in the last 3 years. Rock is dead after all.

2017: David Bowie
    2018: Leonard Cohen
    2019: Chris Cornell

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

We don’t really know that many submissions in the Rock Field to predict lol. Everyone has been submitted elsewhere it seems.

I saw that Sheryl Crow is submitted in Rock Performance for “Beware of Darkness” featuring Sting, Eric Clapton & Brandi Carlile. That’d be a cool nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw that Sheryl Crow is submitted in Rock Performance for “Beware of Darkness” featuring Sting, Eric Clapton & Brandi Carlile. That’d be a cool nomination.

@24fanatic, what was the source of this information?

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

any ROCK predictions?

ReplyCopy URL
    TonyKuKo
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s possible, but I was just predicting a nom for Springsteen, not a win.

Tom Petty and Chester have past wins, so maybe they won’t even be nominated. They could also split the vote if they’re both nominated, although Tom Petty would obviously be the frontrunner.

which Chester/Linkin Park song was released this year? He died two years ago and had more wins than Cornell, Bowie or Cohen (these last two won partly because they died but also because the Academy never rewarded them properly when their careers where relevant)

On the other hand, Tom Petty will be nominated but I don’t think he’ll win. He has 3 grammys, all in rock not in long form music video or best recording package.

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

which Chester/Linkin Park song was released this year? He died two years ago and had more wins than Cornell, Bowie or Cohen (these last two won partly because they died but also because the Academy never rewarded them properly when their careers where relevant) On the other hand, Tom Petty will be nominated but I don’t think he’ll win. He has 3 grammys, all in rock not in long form music video or best recording package.

“Cross Off” with Mark Morton (Lamb of God guitarist).

ReplyCopy URL
    RatedRStarZ
    Participant
    Topics:

I will throw in a few predictions, I am not sure if Tool have submitted the song “Fear Inoculum” in Rock or Metal:

Best Alternative Album

• Bon Iver  – “I, I”   
    • <li style=”text-align: left;”>Joji – “BALLADS 1”

• The National – “I Am Easy to Find”
    • Vampire Weekend – “Father of the Bride”
    • <li style=”text-align: left;”>Weyes Blood – “Titanic Rising” 

Best Rock Album

• The Black Keys – “Let’s Rock!”
    • Cage the Elephant – “Social Cues”
    • Greta Van Fleet – “Anthem of the Peaceful Army” 
    • Tool – “Fear Inoculum” 
    • Weezer – “Black Album”

Best Rock Song

• Bruce Springsteen -“Tucson Train” 
    • Gary Clark Jr. – “This Land” 
    • Tool – “Fear Inoculum”
    • Twenty One Pilots – “The Hype”
    • Vampire Weekend – “Harmony Hall”

Best Rock Performance

• The Black Keys – “Lo/Hi”
    • Gary Clark Jr. – “This Land”
    • Sheryl Crow ft/ Eric Clapton, Sting, & Brandi Carlile – “Beware of Darkness”
    • Sturgill Simpson -“Sing Along” 
    • Vampire Weekend – “Harmony Hall” 

Best Metal Performance

• Bring Me The Horizon ft Dani Filth – “Wonderful Life”
    • Mark Morton ft Chester Bennington – “Cross Off”
    • Rammstein – “Deutschland”
    • Slipknot – “Unsainted”
    • Volbeat – “Leviathan”                                                                              
    ReplyCopy URL
    Grammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Any word yet on if Cage the Elephant submitted their album to Rock or Alternative?

Also, any word on if Tool submitted “Fear Inoculum” (song) to Rock or Metal?

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

Any word yet on if Cage the Elephant submitted their album to Rock or Alternative? Also, any word on if Tool submitted “Fear Inoculum” (song) to Rock or Metal?

Maybe they submitted Fear Inoculum for rock song and metal perf and Pneuma for rock perf.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.