Home Forums Music Grammys 2021: Alternative + Rock Categories

Grammys 2021: Alternative + Rock Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 190 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
brianabreeze
esteban
Rich Thot
  • Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Miley should submit:

Prisoner – ROTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group, Music Video
    Heart of Glass (Live) – Rock Performance
    Gimme What I Want – Pop Solo Performance
    Bad Karma – Rock Song
    Plastic Hearts – Rock Album, Album of the year

I was just speaking with OOMF about this off Gold Derby the other day. I think she should try Rock Album, worst case scenario she gets bounced back.

I’d do:
    Prisoner – ROTY, Pop Duo/Group, Music Video
    Heart of Glass (Live) – Rock Performance
    Angels Like You – Pop Solo Performance, SOTY
    WTF Do I Know – Rock Song
    Plastic Hearts – Rock Album, Album of the Year

She also.released a cover of “Nothing Else Matters” alongside Elton John, POTY winner Andrew Watt, and Yo-Yo Ma.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Apparently 2021 is the year users want artists to attempt category fraud. No way a Miley Cyrus album gets placed in Rock. PH is going Pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, users are completely delusional!  Miley Cyrus is NOT Rock.  Plastic Hearts (BARF!) will be submitted to Pop, where it will NOT get nominated.  In fact, that bitch is NOT happening in any category (YAY!).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Apparently 2021 is the year users want artists to attempt category fraud. No way a Miley Cyrus album gets placed in Rock. PH is going Pop.

How is it category fraud when most of the songs on the album are Rock?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

How is it category fraud when most of the songs on the album are Rock?

Plastic Hearts is a Pop album with Rock leanings. It’s still Pop! PH will go to BPVA where it belongs. There’s no way they’ll allow Miley to compete with the likes of Foo Fighters & Evanescence.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Plastic Hearts is pop and none of the singles made any airplay charts besides pop. I think the closest example to Plastic Hearts getting into rock would probably be Harry’s first album getting past the screening panel but even then, at least Sign Of the Times got some play on triple A stations.

Either way, Miley’s obviously getting 0 nominations, regardless of whether she goes rock or pop. Still hope she submits Heart Of Glass (live) to rock perf as it would be a cool nomination if it happens. If there is a pop-rock album that gets  into Rock Album, it’s Tickets To My Downfall.

Now that it’s officially charted, what’s everyone thinking of t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l’s chances? My current rock perf/song lineup is Pay Your Way In Pain, Shame Shame,  Smile, The Bandit and Shy Away and Shy Away does feel quite beatable.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

You guys are acting like all the songs and albums in a genre that’s competing should all sound the same.

Does Stay High and Shameika sound alike or from the same genre? No.

Does Ain’t it Fun and Medicine at Midnight sound like they belong on the same playlist??

No. But guess what all competed in Rock.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

The difference is Brittany Howard, Fiona Apple, Paramore, & Foo Fighters are all Rock/Alternative artists. Miley is a pure Pop act masquerading as Rock. Voters will NOT take her seriously & would send PH to where it belongs: Pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    perfectly weird
    Topics:

Miley will for sure submit to Rock. Everything she has done/said about the album have pointed out that. She sees herself as a Rock performer… I do think that they will move her to Pop, but if she keeps working with these rock veterans I think that she has a chance of making it in… I mean: she has Billy Idol, Joan Jett and Stevie Nicks on the album + covers of Blondie, The Cranberries (on the album) plus this Metallica cover and so on… It may be enough for them to see her in a different light and let it pass. Although, I think that she would have had a better chance before the change of rules. I feel like the committees may be more strict this year…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

The difference is Brittany Howard, Fiona Apple, Paramore, & Foo Fighters are all Rock/Alternative artists. Miley is a pure Pop act masquerading as Rock. Voters will NOT take her seriously & would send PH to where it belongs: Pop.

Yet you were upset that the Pop voters didn’t vote for Weeknd. You see how stupid this reasoning is?? You can’t pigeonhole an artist to a genre. If the material suits the genre it should be able to compete. Period.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Yet you were upset that the Pop voters didn’t vote for Weeknd. You see how stupid this reasoning is?? You can’t pigeonhole an artist to a genre. If the material suits the genre it should be able to compete. Period.

Huh? I wasn’t upset AT ALL. I’m not even a Weeknd fan. After Hours/“Blinding Lights” were rightfully submitted to Pop. That wasn’t category fraud. Plastic Hearts in Rock IS. The album will go to Pop where it belongs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

why is no one predicting maneskin, they have 2 songs on the top 10 global spotify

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

BEST ROCK PERFORMANCE
    1. Foo Fighters – Shame Shame
    2. St. Vincent – Pay Your Way In Pain
    3. Kings of Leon – The Bandit
    4. Maneskin – Beggin’
    5. Bring Me The Horizon – Teardrops
    (6. Wolf Alice – The Last Man on Earth)

BEST ROCK SONG
    1. Shame Shame
    Foo Fighters, songwriters. (Foo Fighters)

2. The Melting of the Sun
    Annie Clark, songwriter. (St. Vincent)

3. The Bandit
    Caleb Followill, Jared Follwill, Matthew Followill & Nathan Followill, songwriters. (Kings of Leon)

4. my ex’s best friend
    Colson Baker, Matthew Musto, Nick Long & Travis Barker, songwriters. (Machine Gun Kelly feat. blackbear)

5. Delicious Things
    Ellie Rowsell, Joel Amey, Jonathan Oddie, Theo Ellis, songwriters. (Wolf Alice)

(6. Seize the Day
    Paul McCartney, songwriter (Paul McCartney)

BEST ROCK ALBUM
    1. Foo Fighters – Medicine At Midnight
    2. Wolf Alice – Blue Weekend
    3. Machine Gun Kelly – Tickets to My Downfall
    4. Kings of Leon – When You See Yourself
    5. Paul McCartney – McCartney III
    (6. Weezer – Van Weezer)

BEST ALTERNATIVE MUSIC ALBUM
    1. St. Vincent – Daddy’s Home
    2. Rostam – Changeophobia
    3. Arlo Parks – Collapsed in Sunbeams
    4. girl in red – if i could make it go quiet
    5. Lucy Dacus – Home Video
    (6. Julien Baker – Little Oblivions)

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

4. Maneskin – Beggin’

Is this even eligible? It’s four years old and first appeared an EP in 2017.

“I Wanna Be Your Slave” is getting a new video so I imagine that would probably be their submission here (even though “Zitti E Bouni” is the superior song).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Is this even eligible? It’s four years old and first appeared an EP in 2017.

“I Wanna Be Your Slave” is getting a new video so I imagine that would probably be their submission here (even though “Zitti E Bouni” is the superior song).

It is as long as they attach it to an new album, which I think they will (probably a deluxe edition). Even if they don’t I think they can still justify it since it wasn’t released to US Radio til this year.

FYC - Lil Nas X

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.