Home Forums Music Grammys 2021: Alternative + Rock Categories

Grammys 2021: Alternative + Rock Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
esteban
Ghost
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Also, the reason I think that Rock Song is Fiona’s best chance at a win is due to the story last week that came out about the real “Shameika” who the song is about. The story could influence voters to award Fiona’s songwriting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

The fact that The Strokes have somehow never been nominated before will help them. It’ll be a similar situation to The National a few years ago where all it took was for the Grammys to finally start paying attention (although the former won due to vote-splitting whereas The New Abnormal is The Strokes’ best album in 15+ years).

Fiona and Brittany each feel like locks to win something, right now the exact split for Alt album/Rock perf/Rock song is a toss up. Those categories are between them and Phoebe. I’d love to see different winners in each but that seems to almost never happen in Rock/Alt.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Phoebe Bridgers is the BEST NEW ARTIST of the year, hands down. Megan is a good rapper and all but Phoebe has reached levels of artistry that can’t be touched by any of Megan’s songs. It’s ridiculous if anyone else but Phoebe wins BNA. She’s a future AOTY nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

This is the Alternative-Rock thread, not BNA.

In Alternative album, I could still easily see anyone winning outside of The Big Thief. While the women could split enough votes that Beck ends up being the victor. Fiona could end up winning nothing. Or she could sweep her three categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

This is the Alternative-Rock thread, not BNA. In Alternative album, I could still easily see anyone winning outside of The Big Thief. While the women could split enough votes that Beck ends up being the victor. Fiona could end up winning nothing. Or she could sweep her three categories.

Big Thief is NOT. nominated for AA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I so thought Tame didn’t get in but The Big Thief. I kinda tuned out after the nods were revealed.

I don’t think “passion” wins out in Alternative. That category has played it fairly safe and basic for most years. Which is why I’m thinking The Slow Rush will win (even though I just realized they got nommed).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I see Jaime winning only because I don’t want to get my hopes up about FTBC winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I always felt like ‘Fetch’ would be more competitive in AOTY than in Alternative, especially if there ended up being 3 + female nominees in Alternative. But we all know what happened there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Fetch was BLOCKDT mercilessly by the BRP because it would’ve been a very serious contender, I agree.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    weird fishes
    Topics:

I see Jaime winning only because I don’t want to get my hopes up about FTBC winning.

Honestly, the fact that Fiona herself couldn’t possibly care less about awards makes me feel better about whatever happens.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    theexterminator
    Topics:

We’re undersestimating Brittany. Her album received 8 nominations. She is the frontrunner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

I’ve been thinking about a few years ago when The National won Alt Album out of nowhere, seemingly because every nominee was well known, had support, and split votes.

Something similar might happen in that category this year. I think other people have already brought up Beck as the one likely to benefit.

Alt Album is actually once again a stacked category this year. I’d love for Tame Impala to eventually win a Grammy but they’re the only ones without a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

After looking through some of the year-end critics list, Fiona and Phoebe are high on those lists. Does anyone at this point think that the Rock/Alternative fields are between these two ladies? Does Brittany still have a chance or does she go home empty handed? Thoughts?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

After looking through some of the year-end critics list, Fiona and Phoebe are high on those lists. Does anyone at this point think that the Rock/Alternative fields are between these two ladies? Does Brittany still have a chance or does she go home empty handed? Thoughts?

I think it is between Phoebe and Fiona. I wouldn’t be surprised if Brittany Howard loses everything.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

I’m predicting Phoebe to win all the categories she’s nommed in here. I would not be surprised if Fiona or Brittany loses.

If anything I see this as Brittany x Phoebe. I think Fiona is going home empty-handed. But she good news is, she won’t care.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.