Home Forums Music Grammys 2021 Performers

Grammys 2021 Performers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 933 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
PopGuy
Meg
Miss Americana
  • Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

The BTS announcement tweet has over 1 million likes. They have the hype but not sure if that’s gonna help the ratings since a lot of BTS stans aren’t Americans

Profile picture
    missionabborted
    Topics:

The BTS announcement tweet has over 1 million likes. They have the hype but not sure if that’s gonna help the ratings since a lot of BTS stans aren’t Americans

If they were to give an official online stream, then im sure thatd do incredible, as for the live tv broadcast, i aint so sure itll make a difference. Generally this year has been shit when it comes to award show ratings

Profile picture
    Fleur
    Topics:

BTS gets millions of viewers on unofficial link hosted by their fandoms, they’ll have the clicks, views and hype online but I don’t think it will translate in TV ratings.
    That being said in the year of 2021, TV ratings are overrated. Most of the talk and hype is online anyway. Ratings( an old metric) should not be the only way to be taken into account to see if the Grammys are watched.

Profile picture
    Nco120
    Topics:

how to we know it was BTS that had the quarantine problem? The ones that arent allowed to go into the US are mainly UK and EU in general, SK is better off than anyone tbh haha

Ben Winston said this in a Rolling Stone interview.

“There’s one artist that may, in the end, not be able to make it here due to rules of the country they’re currently in. There’s one immigration issue that we’ve got left.”

It’s most likely BTS he’s referring to… They are still in South Korea and I think US arrivals are required to quarantine now and the Grammys are 6 days away. So most likely they won’t be there in person.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Taylor Swifit will bring in the ratings.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Harry and Dua are in the US. It’s between Chris Martin and BTS then. I assumed it was BTS because Winston mentioned just one performer that “will not make it” and BTS fans have been saying that BTS is gonna pre-record for days.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

The line-up has a lot of famous and commercially relevant performers which I believe are gonna attract a decent amount of viewers. All the odds are already against the show because of its decline in viewership in general and this year’s postponement, so the expectations are low. There is little representation for rock, but idk how much of a difference more rock performers would make. I feel like the other genres are well represented, especially if Silk Sonic performs.

Profile picture
    Nco120
    Topics:

Harry and Dua are in the US. It’s between Chris Martin and BTS then. I assumed it was BTS because Winston mentioned just one performer that “will not make it” and BTS fans have been saying that BTS is gonna pre-record for days.

Yeah it’s most likely BTS. They would have to quarantine when they arrive to the US for 10 days and quarantine for 14 days when they go back to Korea. The 14 day quarantine in Korea is mandatory. Seems like it would be too much of a hassle to quarantine for 3.5 weeks

Profile picture
    missionabborted
    Topics:

Yeah it’s most likely BTS. They would have to quarantine when they arrive to the US for 10 days and quarantine for 14 days when they go back to Korea. The 14 day quarantine in Korea is mandatory. Seems like it would be too much of a hassle to quarantine for 3.5 weeks

shame, cos it wouldve been cool for them to actually be there but this just means they can spend as much of their budget as they want in terms of their stage haha

Profile picture
    Fleur
    Topics:

shame, cos it wouldve been cool for them to actually be there but this just means they can spend as much of their budget as they want in terms of their stage haha

I guess it’s kind of a little win for them because their remote performances so far were all miles better than anything they did before in the US. They really have more budget when they perform in Korea.

Profile picture
    salt3degg
    Topics:

A bombshell for most is that a huge majority of BTS armies are Americans. U.S.A. always comes second after Korea lately in fan census. But are they white? That’s a good question.

Profile picture
    Meg
    Topics:

Get real!  Taylor Swift will NOT bring in the ratings.  The rating will be shit with or without her. Stop being delusional.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Miss Swift will grace the Grammys after 5 years, Americans like Taylor, so i expect them to tune in.

Profile picture
    missionabborted
    Topics:

Miss Swift will grace the Grammys after 5 years, Americans like Taylor, so i expect them to tune in.

I wonder if Taylor and BTS will be enough to at least not have huge drops in ratings and viewership. Cos of the pandemic everyone seems to not be bothered about anything on TV lol they rather catch it on streaming or watch what theyre interested in on YT or twitter

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

nothing against taylor but I’m not sure people tune in BECAUSE of her, she might be one of the reasons but the gp doesn’t care that much I think

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2021 Performers’ is closed to new replies.