Home Forums Music Grammys 2022: Alternative + Rock Categories

Grammys 2022: Alternative + Rock Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 267 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
replies
views
users
RatedRStarz
theexterminator
Hildreth
  • Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Plastic Hearts is by far Miley’s best Album (that’s not saying a lot, I know) and I would be fine with it being nominated but I don’t think that she is remotely a lock. Since when have the Grammys loved Cyrus? Since never.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Plastic Hearts is by far Miley’s best Album (that’s not saying a lot, I know) and I would be fine with it being nominated but I don’t think that she is remotely a lock. Since when have the Grammys loved Cyrus? Since never.

Yes. I agree. She might have a hard time to get nominated. Especially in an uncharted territory like the Rock categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Yeah I agree that the Grammys have never recognized Miley the way they should. The nomination for Bangerz was well deserved. But they missed an opportunity to nominate “Wrecking Ball” in multiple categories. It should’ve received Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Music Video nods. It was probably released too late in the eligibility period yet the impact was still huge. “The Climb” is one of her best songs too and I could’ve seen it getting in somewhere too. Probably Best Song Written for Visual Media.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

The alternative/rock categories aren’t as heavy as it was last year. So, I could see Miley sneaking a nod. I doubt it though. And yes, “Wrecking Ball” probably should have gotten at least a Pop Performance nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Natalegend
    Topics:

Yeah I agree that the Grammys have never recognized Miley the way they should. The nomination for Bangerz was well deserved. But they missed an opportunity to nominate “Wrecking Ball” in multiple categories. It should’ve received Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Music Video nods. It was probably released too late in the eligibility period yet the impact was still huge. “The Climb” is one of her best songs too and I could’ve seen it getting in somewhere too. Probably Best Song Written for Visual Media.

The Climb technically did get nominated for Best Song Written for Visual Media. But Disney asked for the nomination to be rescinded because the song wasn’t actually written for the movie. So the nomination was taken away but it did technically get it first.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

The Climb technically did get nominated for Best Song Written for Visual Media. But Disney asked for the nomination to be rescinded because the song wasn’t actually written for the movie. So the nomination was taken away but it did technically get it first.

Wow. That really sucks! I never knew that. Thanks for the information. I understand Disney wanted to maintain their integrity by remaining truthful about the song’s origins. But it would’ve been awesome for “The Climb” to be an official nominee. It’s one of Miley’s best. I always love when she sings it live. Too bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

The alternative/rock categories aren’t as heavy as it was last year. So, I could see Miley sneaking a nod. I doubt it though. And yes, “Wrecking Ball” probably should have gotten at least a Pop Performance nod.

Now that Wolf Alice is in Rock, not Alternative, I’d say Miley’s chances are slimmer. They are previous nominees in Rock and are the only “young” artist I can see edging out veterans. Halsey will probably be nominated in Alternative now, at least.

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Rock Album, in order of likeliness:

1. Foo Fighters
    2. Paul McCartney
    3. Bruce Springsteen
    4. John Mayer
    5. The Killers
    6. AC/DC
    7. Wolf Alice
    8. Kings of Leon
    9. Ringo Starr
    10. Nick Cave + Warren Ellis
    11. Greta Van Fleet
    12. Garbage
    13. Miley Cyrus
    14. Squid
    15. Willow
    16. Machine Gun Kelly

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

anyways

SHE IS COMING.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    honestopinion
    Topics:

Even if Miley will not get nomination in album category, she has chance in rock perfromance category. NEM was named the best cover out of 53 covers on the album by the most famous metal magazine and critics were praising it + having all grammys winner artists on it as features playing for her (Elton, Watt, Yo-Yo Ma, Metallica’s member) gives her an advantage. And metallica gave her the right being the actual leading singer when they performed it together, don’t remember when the pop artist had such an opportunity. When they performed with Gaga, James was singing the most part of it

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RatedRStarz
    Topics:

Rock Album, in order of likeliness:

1. Foo Fighters
    2. Paul McCartney
    3. Bruce Springsteen
    4. John Mayer
    5. The Killers
    6. AC/DC
    7. Wolf Alice
    8. Kings of Leon
    9. Ringo Starr
    10. Nick Cave + Warren Ellis
    11. Greta Van Fleet
    12. Garbage
    13. Miley Cyrus
    14. Squid
    15. Willow
    16. Machine Gun Kelly

Did you forget about Maneskin and Weezer?  I don’t see how Ringo Starr and Nick Cave are more likely than them.

MY NOMINATION PREDICTION RESULTS
    Best Alternative Album - 2 out of 5 in 2019, 4 out of 5 in 2020, 3 out of 5 in 2021.
    Best Rock Performance - 2 out of 5 in 2019, 3 out of 6 in 2020, 0 out of 5 in 2021.
    Best Rock Song - 3 out of 5 in 2019, 2 out of 5 in 2020, 0 out of 5 in 2021.
    Best Rock Album - 1 out of 5 in 2019, 2020 and 2021.
    Best Metal Performance - 0 out of 5 in 2019, 2 out of 5 in 2020, 3 out of 5 in 2021.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I feel like veterans might be slightly overestimated here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    theexterminator
    Topics:

I feel like veterans might be slightly overestimated here.

So fackin’ true. Foos, AC/DC and Maiden (in the metal category) will be the only veteran nominees

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Watch WILLOW score a surprise nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    honestopinion
    Topics:

Watch WILLOW score a surprise nom.

I can see her happen in rock song category, this year is unpredictable since the secret communities are gone

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 267 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.