Home Forums Music Grammys 2022: Alternative + Rock Categories

Grammys 2022: Alternative + Rock Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 249 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
RatedRStarz
Hildreth
Jay

• plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

I know this is a prediction thread but just dropping by to say Phoebe Bridgers should’ve submitted I Know The End instead of Kyoto. Kyoto is great and all but I Know The End is literally one of the best songs i’ve ever heard. She might have won with it.

ReplyCopy URL

Boz
    Topics:

Updated predictions. I will wait to see if HTE is submitted to Pop Solo or Rock.

BEST ROCK PERFORMANCE
    1. Foo Fighters – Shame Shame
    2. St. Vincent – Pay Your Way In Pain
    3. Kings of Leon – The Bandit
    4. Maneskin – I WANNA BE YOUR SLAVE
    5. John Mayer – Last Train Home
    (6. Bring Me The Horizon – Teardrops)

BEST ROCK SONG
    1. Shame Shame
    Foo Fighters, songwriters. (Foo Fighters)

2. I WANNA BE YOUR SLAVE
    Damiano David, Ethan Torchio, Thomas Raggi, Victoria De Angelis, songwriters. (Maneskin)

3. The Melting of the Sun
    Annie Clark, songwriter. (St. Vincent)

4. The Bandit
    Caleb Followill, Jared Follwill, Matthew Followill & Nathan Followill, songwriters. (Kings of Leon)

5. Last Train Home
    John Mayer, songwriter. (John Mayer)

(6. my ex’s best friend
    Colson Baker, Matthew Musto, Nick Long & Travis Barker, songwriters. (Machine Gun Kelly feat. blackbear))

BEST ROCK ALBUM
    1. Foo Fighters – Medicine At Midnight
    2. John Mayer – Sob Rock
    3. Machine Gun Kelly – Tickets to My Downfall
    4. Kings of Leon – When You See Yourself
    5. Maneskin – Teatro d’ira – Vol. I
    (6. Weezer – Van Weezer)

BEST ALTERNATIVE MUSIC ALBUM
    1. St. Vincent – Daddy’s Home
    2. Wolf Alice – Blue Weekend
    3. Rostam – Changeophobia
    4. Clairo – Sling
    5. Paul McCartney – McCartney III
    (6. Arlo Parks – Collapsed In Sunbeams)

ReplyCopy URL

Darren
    Topics:

“My Ex’s Best Friend” will probably be placed in pop. If Machine Gun Kelly pops up in the song categories, I’d expect it to be for “Love Race.”

ReplyCopy URL

Jay
    Topics:

Updated predictions. I will wait to see if HTE is submitted to Pop Solo or Rock.
    BEST ALTERNATIVE MUSIC ALBUM
    1. St. Vincent – Daddy’s Home
    2. Wolf Alice – Blue Weekend
    3. Rostam – Changeophobia
    4. Clairo – Sling
    5. Paul McCartney – McCartney III
    (6. Arlo Parks – Collapsed In Sunbeams)

While I mostly agree with these I’m not really sure about Rostam getting in. His album hasn’t made much noise and is already kind of forgotten.
    Lana Del Rey could appear as a surprise nom if Chemtrails is submitted for Alt Album.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

ReplyCopy URL

asystole
    Topics:

There’s no Alternative Song category

Oops—I meant to write Best Rock Song. The question still stands, though: does Hayley Williams have a chance at a nom this year?

ReplyCopy URL

RatedRStarz
    Topics:

Guns’ n Roses have released a new song. Another contender for rock performance?

Guns n Roses don’t really have the best track record with the Grammys, I mean, no nominations since 1993, I wouldn’t count on it unless it was a huge hit.

Oops—I meant to write Best Rock Song. The question still stands, though: does Hayley Williams have a chance at a nom this year?

Hayley Williams wasn’t nominated last year despite campaigning hard and that was in a committee led field that should have loved her acclaimed work, one in which a category had 6 female led artists/bands that were preferred to her, now with no committee at all I think she has even less of a chance now with her new album which wasn’t as successful, whenever Paramore returns in the future I think is her best bet now.

MY NOMINATION PREDICTION RESULTS
    Best Alternative Album - 2 out of 5 in 2019, 4 out of 5 in 2020, 3 out of 5 in 2021.
    Best Rock Performance - 2 out of 5 in 2019, 3 out of 6 in 2020, 0 out of 5 in 2021.
    Best Rock Song - 3 out of 5 in 2019, 2 out of 5 in 2020, 0 out of 5 in 2021.
    Best Rock Album - 1 out of 5 in 2019, 2020 and 2021.
    Best Metal Performance - 0 out of 5 in 2019, 2 out of 5 in 2020, 3 out of 5 in 2021.

ReplyCopy URL

ciguanaba
    Topics:

Rostam will NOT be nommed, not in a million years. His voice is weak and his tracks are borefests. I can only think about a couple of songs of his I really love (“In a River”, “Please Don’t Let it Get To You”).

He was a fool to leave Vampire Weekend-he was such a great producer for Ezra. But his ego got the best of him.

ReplyCopy URL

ciguanaba
    Topics:

At this point I don’t even think St. Vincen is getting nommed. Her album is crap and she went into the deep-end and too referential, and offered nothing original. Daddy’s Home doesn’t hold a candle to either self-titled or Masseduction.

ReplyCopy URL

Rich Thot
    Topics:

At this point I don’t even think St. Vincen is getting nommed. Her album is crap and she went into the deep-end and too referential, and offered nothing original. Daddy’s Home doesn’t hold a candle to either self-titled or Masseduction.

I don’t really care much for the album outside of a few songs and don’t think it’s on the level of her previous two works. But it’s unlikely she gets snubbed. The competition for slots is not that sturdy this year. The album still got a fair amount of acclaim. And her last couple albums each won a Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL

ciguanaba
    Topics:

You might be right but I think it would be good for the Grammys to not just namecheck but actually listen to the work. I was pretty disappointed with Daddy’s Home. I’ve tried MANY times to get into it and I was pretty much addicted to St.
    Vincent/Masseduction. Shame.

ReplyCopy URL

alex.g
    Topics:

Most likely she gets a raincheck. This is how the Grammys work, she got ignored by the Grammys when she released Strange Mercy, which many people still consider her best, but now she’s appears to be an established favourite in her genre.

ReplyCopy URL

ciguanaba
    Topics:

Yeah, it sucks. She deserved more love for Strange Mercy FOR SURE and “Cruel” was a fantastic rock song.

ReplyCopy URL

Rich Thot
    Topics:

Most likely she gets a raincheck. This is how the Grammys work, she got ignored by the Grammys when she released Strange Mercy, which many people still consider her best, but now she’s appears to be an established favourite in her genre.

She was still too much of an unknown and on the fringes to get nominations for Strange Mercy. Plus, bands were dominating the Alternative/Rock nominations at that time. So, I don’t think voters care about making up for that. Her self-titled album and Love This Giant is really where the attention and critical acclaim blew up. Working with someone as groundbreaking and respected as David Byrne really set her up for more attention and broader appeal. But yes, as long as the competition isn’t too stiff and the album is at least decently received then she’s gonna be a player in the Alternative/Rock categories. And there are folks who really love the album. Not me of course.

ReplyCopy URL

SalmonellaSand
    Topics:

Can Wolf Alice get across the board nominations? Was their last nomination just a committee pick?

ReplyCopy URL

denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

oh my god i disagree… even tho maybe daddy’s home will not take album, i think pay your way in pain, melting of the sun, down are very strong contenders for song and performance categories. I think she should submit down for performance and melting of the sun for song

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 249 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.