Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 773 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
almanzarlamar..
2021ravenclaw1
Mother Dináh
  • Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

normani hasn’t been nominated for a grammy, i don’t see how she would be

One Direction didn’t win Grammy and Harry, Zayn and the rest were ineligible. Leave a group doesn’t make you new artist.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

she can’t. she is ineligible due to her experience in fifth harmony.

she can be a factor in r&b if the album does well and is as well received as all of her solo music has been so far.

the problem with Normani is that she releases good music but then dips and doesn’t promote it (not 100% her fault, but still) If she releases her album, she needs to gain momentum whether her goal is to get Grammy nominations or not.

Profile picture
    RecNarukami
    Topics:

Unless Republic Records gives them the biggest push for a Grammy nomination, I don’t see TWICE happening.

this was my thinking most definitely, the music is there but republic would have to campaign for their lives to get a nod, let alone an actual win. kpop is just not a guarantee at the grammys rn, and won’t be until the right group/person comes around.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, unless Normani sells like hotcakes, she will NOT be a factor at next year’s Grammy Awards.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

As of now I have Coldplay in almost every category, but if someone releases something that’s even a little bit more acclaimed or successful (or even relevant because that album came and went), I’m taking them out of BPVA and the GF.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

Here’s my opinion for the music we have received so far:

Adele: She is getting nominated across the board and in country as well. She has the alphabet advantage and 30 has more of a broad genre appeal than her previous works. And the fact that she’s Adele. 30 is the frontrunner and she will sweep again.

Harry: Harry is getting nominated if the album has a good critical appeal to it. But I don’t see him winning any of the general field or even being a threat to Adele. Adele can easily take all the pop votes and rock votes to leave Harry and other nominees with a minor share of this voting group.

Ed: I don’t see Ed getting AOTY nom. It’s too soon to lock him in this category. We have a lot of other albums which might make it above Ed.

Encanto: Encanto is getting nominated off the board and We Don’t Talk About Bruno is winning BPDGP.

Silk Sonic: They won SOTY and ROTY. They won’t be winning next year. Their album isn’t that impactful when compared to 30.

Brandi: If she doesn’t get nominated, it will be a huge mess. People only talk about Beyoncé being overdue for AOTY but so is Brandi.

The Weeknd: He will get nominated if he submits. I doubt that he will submit though.

Taylor: Her statement last year mentioned Fearless (TV) not being submitted anywhere and we all know how smart Taylor is with her words. Red (TV) is getting nominated everywhere else. So, I do think she’ll submit the vault tracks. If she does, I could see All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault) winning SOTY and ROTY.

Here’s my list so far:

(adding Taylor because I think she’ll submit the tracks) 

Album Of The Year
    Voyage – ABBA
    30 – Adele
    We – Arcade Fire
    Good Morning Gorgeous -Mary J. Blige
    In These Silent Days – Brandi Carlile
    Music Of The Spheres – Coldplay
    Raise The Roof – Alison Krauss & Robert Plant
    An Evening With Silk Sonic – Silk Sonic
    Blue Banisters – Lana Del Rey
    Encanto Soundtrack – Various Artists

Record Of The Year
    Little Things – ABBA
    Easy On Me – Adele
    Be Alive – Beyoncé
    As It Was – Harry Styles
    Broken Horses – Brandi Carlile
    Can’t Let Go – Alison Krauss & Robert Plant
    Shivers – Ed Sheeran
    Smokin Out The Window – Silk Sonic
    All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault) – Taylor Swift
    We Don’t Talk About Bruno – Various Artists

Song Of The Year
    As It Was – Harry Styles
    All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault) – Taylor Swift
    Be Alive – Beyoncé
    Broken Horses – Brandi Carlile
    Easy On Me – Adele
    Ghost – Justin Bieber
    Intimidated – H.E.R. & Kaytranada
    Smokin Out The Window – Silk Sonic
    Shivers – Ed Sheeran
    We Don’t Talk About Bruno – Various Artists

Best Pop Vocal Album

30 – Adele

= – Ed Sheeran

Harry’s House – Harry Styles

Blue Banisters – Lana Del Rey

….

Best Pop Vocal Performance

As It Was – Harry Styles

Easy On Me – Adele

Shivers – Ed Sheeran

Watercolor Eyes – Lana Del Rey

Best Pop Duo or Group Performance

Heatwaves – Glass Animals

The Joker and The Queen – Ed Sheeran & Taylor Swift

We Don’t Talk About Bruno – Encanto Cast

My Universe – Coldplay, BTS

….

Best Country Duo or Group Performance

Easy On Me – Adele ft. Chris Stapleton

I Bet You Think About Me – Taylor Swift ft. Chris Stapleton

Best Song Written For Visual Media will be an interesting category this cycle with Beyoncé vs Gaga vs Billie vs Taylor

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I wish Taylor would just submit All Too Well in ROTY, Pop Solo Performance and Best Music Video and her Chris Stapleton duet in Country Duo/Group & Song and call it a day. I don’t like the idea of her submitting the re-recorded albums, but I’ll make an exception for those songs because they’re new singles and I legitimately want All Too Well 10 Minute Version to win ROTY.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Plss Adele will not submit the Easy On Me duet in the Country field

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Heat Waves is not eligible.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Can Adele even submit two versions of the same song? I’m pretty sure people here talked about it but I don’t remember the consensus.
    Also I don’t think Lana is getting any nominations, even though I loved the album.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

i don’t think abba is getting nominated for aoty 🥴

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

BSWFVM is already looking stacked with Beyoncé, Encanto, HER and a song written by Billie & Finneas. Plus add in the rumored Lady Gaga Top Gun song and you’ve got a solid lineup for that category.

I can already see all 5 of those being the lineup, and it’s definitely hard to guess the winner. We Don’t Talk About Bruno makes the most sense, but we’re talking about Grammy darlings Beyoncé, Gaga and HER too.

Also – I can see Be Alive getting into ROTY, SOTY and R&B Song and/or Performance too. Especially if we don’t get B7 until the next eligibility period. Just look at how many noms Black Parade got, I can see it happening again.

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Can anybody else see MOTOMAMI by Rosalía getting into AOTY? It was critically acclaimed and performed well. I think it would be worthy of a spot in AOTY.

It’s definitely the frontrunner for Best Latin Urban Album. I will be shocked if it loses.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Can anybody else see MOTOMAMI by Rosalía getting into AOTY? It was critically acclaimed and performed well. I think it would be worthy of a spot in AOTY.

It’s definitely the frontrunner for Best Latin Urban Album. I will be shocked if it loses.

I think with committees she could get a spot in AOTY but I don’t see her getting enough points with the system we have now. She totally deserves. Motomami is the most acclaimed album od this year for now, with 90+ in Metacritic.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 773 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.