Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 773 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
almanzarlamar..
2021ravenclaw1
Mother Dináh

• fortheculture
    Topics:

I’m sorry what? Ed Sheeran = literally has a Metacritic 59 and he is currently most famous for being a walking meme, a punchline. His music is universally hated, so force fed by to the industry to society that a picture of his face alone has become synonymous with bad music. He is literally the new Nickleback, the new Maroon 5, but even worse than that. Literally unlistenable, zero Grammy prospects.

brutal
    Topics:

Best New Artist:

• GAYLE

• Muni Long

• Lauren Spencer-Smith

• Em Beihold

• Latto

• Tate McCrae

• CKay

• The Walters

• Dove Cameron

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Y’all are making fun of Encanto in AOTY but mind you the last #1 for Disney won ROTY/SOTY. Also never doubt Lin Manuel Miranda, especially since it’s 10 albums in AOTY

2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I’m sorry what? Ed Sheeran = literally has a Metacritic 59 and he is currently most famous for being a walking meme, a punchline. His music is universally hated, so force fed by to the industry to society that a picture of his face alone has become synonymous with bad music. He is literally the new Nickleback, the new Maroon 5, but even worse than that. Literally unlistenable, zero Grammy prospects.

You realize all 3 artists you trashed are Grammy nominees right? The Grammys aren’t going to stop nominating someone they’ve regularly nominated just because they have haters, because literally every artist has them.

“Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time”

borisy
    Topics:

I think with no committee is safe to assume the most popular acts will get in right?

fortheculture
    Topics:

I really don’t understand the hype for Lin Manuel Miranda at all. When I first heard Hamilton songs, it was so corny that I literally thought I was listening to a parody of Hamilton, not Hamilton itself. It’s like listening to a middle aged nerdy school teacher who tries to rap a history lesson but just comes off super cringe. The dude also cannot sing at all and he cast himself as the lead in his own musical. He can somewhat rap but his flow is so cheesy and anyone who actually listens to hiphop would say he’s nothing special at all. Only older white audiences were impressed by his rapping.

From what I’ve heard, Moana songs were not good. I saw In The Heights and everything about it was forgettable. And now these Encanto songs are just beyond obnoxious.

Let’s stop celebrating mediocrity. Here’s hoping that Encanto gets the cold shoulder from Grammys next year.

Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You for AOTY!

You realize all 3 artists you trashed are Grammy nominees right? The Grammys aren’t going to stop nominating someone they’ve regularly nominated just because they have haters, because literally every artist has them.

That’s just embarrassing for the Grammys, but not surprising at all considering Megan Tranor is a Grammy winner. But there’s a difference between having a few haters and being broadly hated. AOTY winning artists like Outkast, Arcade Fire, Kacey Musgraves don’t really have haters because their music isn’t inescapable and obnoxious. Even Taylor Swift doesn’t have haters on the level that Ed has haters. Nickleback and Maroon 5 definitely haven’t been getting nominations in recent years since they became the textbook examples of douche bag pop rock. Now that Ed is kind of viewed as being in that same category, I don’t see the Grammys paying any attention to him again.

Boz
    Topics:

EXTREMELY EARLY Grammy predictions (mid February)

Record of the Year
    [  ] Adele – “Easy On Me”
    [  ] THE ANXIETY – “Meet Me At Our Spot – Live”
    [  ] Beyoncé – “Be Alive”
    [  ] Justin Bieber – “Ghost”
    [  ] Brandi Carlile feat. Lucius – “You and Me on the Rock”
    [  ] Encanto Cast – “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”
    [  ] Lil Nas X – “That’s What I Want”
    [  ] Muni Long – “Hrs and Hrs”
    [  ] Silk Sonic – “Smokin Out the Window”
    [  ] Taylor Swift – “All Too Well”

Song of the Year
    [  ] “abcdefu” (Gayle)
    [  ] “Automatic Woman” (H.E.R.)
    [  ] “Be Alive” (Beyoncé)
    [  ] “Broken Horses” (Brandi Carlile)
    [  ] “Circles Around This Town” (Maren Morris)
    [  ] “Easy On Me” (Adele)
    [  ] “Ghost” (Justin Bieber)
    [  ] “The Joker and the Queen” (Ed Sheeran & Taylor Swift)
    [  ] “Hrs and Hrs” (Muni Long)
    [  ] “Smokin Out the Window”

Album of the Year
    [  ] Adele – 30
    [  ] Mary J. Blige – Good Morning Gorgeous
    [  ] Brandi Carlile – In These Silent Days
    [  ] Big Thief – Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You
    [  ] Coldplay – Music of the Spheres
    [  ] Encanto Cast – Encanto
    [  ] Muni Long – Public Displays of Affection
    [  ] Ed Sheeran – =
    [  ] Silk Sonic – An Evening With Silk Sonic
    [  ] Taylor Swift – Red (Taylor’s Version)

Best New Artist
    [  ] THE ANXIETY
    [  ] Jordan Davis
    [  ] Fivio Foreign
    [  ] Gayle
    [  ] Conan Gray
    [  ] Latto
    [  ] Ari Lennox
    [  ] Lucius
    [  ] Muni Long
    [  ] Tate McRae

2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

EXTREMELY EARLY Grammy predictions (mid February) Record of the Year [ ] Adele – “Easy On Me” [ ] THE ANXIETY – “Meet Me At Our Spot – Live” [ ] Beyoncé – “Be Alive” [ ] Justin Bieber – “Ghost” [ ] Brandi Carlile feat. Lucius – “You and Me on the Rock” [ ] Encanto Cast – “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” [ ] Lil Nas X – “That’s What I Want” [ ] Muni Long – “Hrs and Hrs” [ ] Silk Sonic – “Smokin Out the Window” [ ] Taylor Swift – “All Too Well” Song of the Year [ ] “abcdefu” (Gayle) [ ] “Automatic Woman” (H.E.R.) [ ] “Be Alive” (Beyoncé) [ ] “Broken Horses” (Brandi Carlile) [ ] “Circles Around This Town” (Maren Morris) [ ] “Easy On Me” (Adele) [ ] “Ghost” (Justin Bieber) [ ] “The Joker and the Queen” (Ed Sheeran & Taylor Swift) [ ] “Hrs and Hrs” (Muni Long) [ ] “Smokin Out the Window” Album of the Year [ ] Adele – 30 [ ] Mary J. Blige – Good Morning Gorgeous [ ] Brandi Carlile – In These Silent Days [ ] Big Thief – Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You [ ] Coldplay – Music of the Spheres [ ] Encanto Cast – Encanto [ ] Muni Long – Public Displays of Affection [ ] Ed Sheeran – = [ ] Silk Sonic – An Evening With Silk Sonic [ ] Taylor Swift – Red (Taylor’s Version) Best New Artist [ ] THE ANXIETY [ ] Jordan Davis [ ] Fivio Foreign [ ] Gayle [ ] Conan Gray [ ] Latto [ ] Ari Lennox [ ] Lucius [ ] Muni Long [ ] Tate McRae

Considering what’s been released so far, very reasonable predictions. Aside from Taylor’s Version in AOTY this all seems plausible. I really hope abcdefu misses, same for Be Alive

“Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time”

Boz
    Topics:

Considering what’s been released so far, very reasonable predictions. Aside from Taylor’s Version in AOTY this all seems plausible. I really hope abcdefu misses, same for Be Alive

Unfortunately, Gayle in SOTY seems like increasingly likely. The song will be second on the ballot and it is a huge streaming hit + a top 10 pop radio hit. IDK who homegirl is but she must lurk around GD.

Munchi
    Topics:

Encanto songs are better written than most songs by professional performing artists. I am convinced that WDTAB can get in judging from everything released thus far.

fortheculture
    Topics:

OK yeah the chorus of ABCDEFU is atrociously cheesy and the song sounds engineered to be catchy for Tik Tok, but tbh there are a lot of worse songs from established artists that crack the charts on artist name recognition alone. There are some punchy lines in the verses of ABC, the melody is catchy and the heavy guitars on the Angrier version kind of rip. You’re lying if you say you can listen to the angrier version and not want to yell along. I could see Gayle in ROTY and New Artist if the rest of the year is weak but probably not in SOTY.

It’s not my fav song but I would rather see that song nominated than that horrible song that we don’t talk about.

Yes to Anxiety ft. Willow in ROTY/SOTY and BNA. No to Taylor’s Version, I think/hope it’s not even eligible. Of course Adele is getting a million noms and Silk Sonic is likely to get some too. There always seems to be space for Brandi and H.E.R. There won’t be space for most of these nominees like Biebs, Lil Nas X, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran once the year goes on and we get some more music.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

fortheculture
    Topics:

Still Over It wasn’t better or more acclaimed or more successful than Over It. There was more buzz and streaming success for Over It. Still Over it dropped and made no impact, and it will be over a year old by voting time. If Over It wasn’t big enough to crack the OF than Still Over It has close to zero chance.

2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I definitely don’t think Summer is getting General nods in 2023. She’s always hyped up to do well and then doesn’t get the nominations

Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Taylor Swift’s Red (Taylor’s Version) is NOT happening in Album of the Year.  YUCK!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 773 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.