Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 773 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
almanzarlamar..
2021ravenclaw1
Mother Dináh
  • Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Brandi just posted this, I think they could win pop duo/group if it happens

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Is All Too Well The Short Film gonna compete in Music Video or Music Film?

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

i don’t think abba is getting nominated for aoty 🥴

This. People are thinking because they got a surprise RotY nom this year, theyre getting in next year. Correct me if im wrong, but they wouldve been near i get a kick out of you wouldnt they (is it based on artist name or song title)? So boom. It was just a name check. Wont happen again

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, The Great, Reservation Dogs, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Pachinko, Severance, Yellowjackets

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Well, not exactly but I think when labels start submitting for the Grammys they’ll try to submit anything they possibly can especially for a newer artist that has good chances. So I think right now, “Time Machine” is a possible submission for Traditional R&B Performance. If any of that makes sense.

Screening committee probably wouldn’t allow it and will move to R&B Perf .

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Is All Too Well The Short Film gonna compete in Music Video or Music Film?

Music Video

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

As of now I have Coldplay in almost every category, but if someone releases something that’s even a little bit more acclaimed or successful (or even relevant because that album came and went), I’m taking them out of BPVA and the GF.

I’m not sure about Coldplay being beaten by a little bit more acclaimed or successful album, when they were nominated for Best Pop Vocal album with a panned and flop EP for the 2018 awards.

This was one of the albums that missed out on a nomination:

I’m sure that Coldplay can get in, regardless of the acclaim of the other albums. There would need to be multiple releases with strong success and acclaim to push them out of contention.

Profile picture
    Alryberg
    Topics:

Adele is being overrated for next year’s Grammys just like Billie was being overrated for this year’s.

She won everything 6 years ago, but that does not quarantee voters will happily give her everything again. The “30 is not as good as old Adele” narrative is really strong among the entire GP, and I have no reason to believe  that’s not the case with Grammy voters. Exactly the same situation with Billie’s Happier Than Ever.

That said, there aren’t many competitors so far this year. She won’t go home empty-handed, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if she doesn’t sweep the general field again.

Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

25 still have Send My Love to Your Lover and When We Were Young as decent hits other than Hello. 30 doesnt have anything remarkable so far

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

I think Adele will suffer from voter fatigue, same thing occurred with Taylor. After 2 complete sweeps, are voters tired of her? They might be and want to go give someone else a chance to win.

Well because Taylor used to be nominated after every 2 years. Adele’s album released after 6 years and will be in award contention after 8 years. It’s not the same

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Taylor has never been considered the Grammy juggernaut that Adele is, at least in my opinion. Even though Tay has three album of the year trophies, she has lost a lot of nominations where many believed she was locked:
    SOTY: Blank Space, cardigan
    Pop Duo/group: exile
    Pop vocal album: folklore

She is 1/10 in Pop.

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Voter fatigue is definitely real, Billie Eilish proved that this year, but that is because unlike Adele, Billie was doing this back to back to back (not to mention Adele’s wins were MUCH stronger than Billie’s). Adele benefits from taking ages to release, so even if she “always” wins, it doesn’t feel like it because her last win was ages ago.

If anyone is likely to get “voter fatigue” it will be Adele’s biggest competition, Silk Sonic, who just SWEPT this year…

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I don’t think it’s a matter of being Adele being completely unbeatable as it is her having literally zero competition right now. (Ed Sheeran, ABBA, Coldplay etc). None of these present contenders can rival her in any category except Harry maybe and that’s a huge maybe because his album isn’t out yet. To upset such a juggernaut as Adele, there must be something going for them – popularity, acclaim or industry respect. And even though 30 is an underperformance for Adele, it’s still the biggest album nominated by far, has a huge smash hit, flawless acclaim and classic Grammy appeal.

Honestly, there’s a lot of hopedicting going on. If the eligibility period slugs along like this then Adele sweeping all her nominations again is the most likely scenario.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I came to the realization that we are 6 months into this eligibility period just last sunday, and now that I look at it, it definitely feels that there is barely any competition. BNA contenders aren’t as strong (in fact there is no frontrunner at all).

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

bna looks like a joke rn. atp we really are gonna get gayle and coi leray as nominations

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 773 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.