Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 773 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
almanzarlamar..
2021ravenclaw1
Mother Dináh
  • Profile picture
    musicmood
    Topics:

i wouldn’t be surprised if there are a lot more “non-pop” BNA nominees that most people haven’t heard of – like Arooj aftab.

Even with 10 nominees I doubt there will be more than 2-3 in pop.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

bna looks like a joke rn. atp we really are gonna get gayle and coi leray as nominations

Addison Rae coming for that Grammy 🤪

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Addison Rae coming for that Grammy 🤪

please no! I rather see Billie win another ROTY.

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

please no! I rather see Billie win another ROTY.

i’m joking lol, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see those kinds of contenders/nominees

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

This. People are thinking because they got a surprise RotY nom this year, theyre getting in next year. Correct me if im wrong, but they wouldve been near i get a kick out of you wouldnt they (is it based on artist name or song title)? So boom. It was just a name check. Wont happen again

Artist Title, so they would’ve been first on the ROTY ballot, which obviously played to their advantage.

Song titles are listed alphabetically for songwriting awards onlys and that also advantages songs at the start of the ballot.

Look at Country Song & Song for VM for example, only one track in each category isn’t from the first eight letters of the alphabet.

• Better Than We Found It
    • Camera Roll
    • Cold
    • Country Again
    • Fancy Like

• Remember Her Name

• Agatha All Along
    • All Eyes on Me
    • All I Know So Far
    • Fight For You
    • Here I Am

• Speak Now

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, this Grammy cycle is shitty.  Adele will easily sweep again.  #NoCompetition

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

BNA really is looking so empty right now. But if I had to give it to anyone, it would be Muni Long. Her EP ‘Public Displays of Affection’ is so good, would love to see her nominated in Best Progressive R&B Album although that category is already looking STACKED. Latto is a close second. Big Energy can easily get into Best Melodic Rap Performance, it’s currently #3 on Billboard and will only keep gaining traction as we go into the Summer months. They might even decide to submit the Mariah remix.

Those are the only two artists I think are worthy of BNA so far.

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Adele’s fatigue? She hasn’t been nominated for a Grammy in 6 years lol I know a lot of people aren’t affectionate with another sweep coming from her but let’s take it easy. Since 2018, Bruno won 10 gramophones, Lady Gaga won 7, Beyoncé won 6, Chris Stapleaton won 6, Kendrick won 7, Anderson Paak. won 7, Brandi Carlile won 6, Billie emerged and won 7, Taylor Swift got 14 nominations.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Was there really any “voter fatigue” with Billie Eilish, though? I just think she had the unfortunate situation of going up against a similar artist who was new and fresh, another Grammy favorite and a breakthrough with voters who had mass appeal across multiple fields. Billie still managed to get into every possible category based on a straight vote for a slow era.

Maybe there is “voter fatigue” with Adele, or maybe there’s not. Adele hasn’t done anything in six years.

And like I said before, HERE on Goldderby is where there seems to be an “Adele is not undeniable” trend but they are pretending as if the narrative that “Adele is undeniable” is bigger. I do wonder if she does sweep will people pretend that they predicted it all along. With that being said, Adele isn’t undeniable this time around, but it’s not like she didn’t have competition in 2015 either.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I’m no longer saying Adele’s locked but I still don’t see who’s supposed to stop an Adele sweep.

Every argument against Adele should apply to Silk Sonic. Underperforming album? An Evening With Silk Sonic is like 1/4 as big as 30. Possible voter fatigue? The 24k Magic sweep was more recent than the 25 sweep and they just went 4/4.

The Harry Styles album is obviously gonna be massive but so was Fine Line and that lost to Dua Lipa. I don’t see how he’s going to go from that to beating the biggest darling ever.

Maybe there will be another person that no one besides abelfenty sees coming who ends up smashing on nomination day and winning AOTY but I don’t think any of the contenders we’re suggesting currently can beat Adele.

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

I’m skeptical about AOTY, but I don’t see anyone threatening Easy on Me in SOTY/ROTY/BPSP. Imagine competing against a nice crossover piano ballad with great vocals, #1 for 10 weeks. This ballad that received pop, country, rock, R&B/soul, hip-hop airplay and did wonders on the adult contemporary charts, was covered by Keith Urban, Kanye West’s Sunday Service, Blink-182. 30 seems very likely in BPVA as well.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

The voter fatigue argument just doesn’t hold any weight imo. Billie faced stiff competition this year. Olivia is the new “it” girl and completely dominated with her singles/albums. Silk Sonic & Jon Batiste are highly respected musicians within the industry. So Happier Than Ever losing every category isn’t surprising in the least bit. So much for being a favorite. Better luck next time.

Adele is also definitely locked at this point. There’s no real threat for her.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

30 is sweeping, y’all just trying to put flames into the fire

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

I think Harry’s a huge threat, but I do think people bring up a good point about how Harry lost against Dua Lipa in Pop Album. I wonder how he can stand against Adele.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

If Beyoncé releases an undeniable massive number one hit, Adele is over. Drunk in Love and Formation weren’t as undeniable as RITD and Hello were.

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 773 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.