Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 773 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
almanzarlamar..
2021ravenclaw1
Mother Dináh
  • Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I feel like it’s worth mentioning that Future Nostalgia during voting wasn’t really that big. Levitating wasn’t even close to being the smash hit it would eventually become.

But even besides that if BPVA that year had been 30 vs Future Nostalgia, does anyone seriously think Duas winning that? That’s why I’m bringing up Fine Line losing PVA.

The pop solo upset is undoubtedly impressive and why I think he’s locked for noms across the gf this time. I’m just not buying him having a chance at winning against Adele.

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Everyone is just judging Harrys chances by him loosing BPVA but not by him winning BPSP against BIG names and GF nominees (and the ROTY winner). I agree he’d need an undeniable era to beat adele (& even then adele would probably still win just because she’s adele lol) but in general I think he’s a bigger contender than some say on here.

Harry being a strong contender is not really debatable at this point. It’s always been a question of who is up against who?

We’re not writing off Harry, it’s just that Adele traumatised Bruno in 2012 and technically left Beyoncé in tears in 2017.

I can imagine how tiring it is to hear “Adele is sweeping” but no one has yet mentioned a more deserving album currently in stores.

I’ll wait to see how Harry’s House turn out. As for debuting with 16m+ first day Spotify streams, Adele did that day 2. If he neither gets better acclaim than nor outsells Adele, then there’ll be no single anchor behind the Harry argument.

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

Harry being a strong contender is not really debatable at this point. It’s always been a question of who is up against who? We’re not writing off Harry, it’s just that Adele traumatised Bruno in 2012 and technically left Beyoncé in tears in 2017. I can imagine how tiring it is to hear “Adele is sweeping” but no one has yet mentioned a more deserving album currently in stores. I’ll wait to see how Harry’s House turn out. As for debuting with 16m+ first day Spotify streams, Adele did that day 2. If he neither gets better acclaim than nor outsells Adele, then there’ll be no single anchor to the Harry argument.

I basically said the same thing, he won’t win agaist adele. Just wanted to point out that I wouldn’t always argue with the BPVA loose.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Familia by Camila Cabello for BPVA?

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

Familia by Camila Cabello for BPVA?

i see her in bpva, but just as filler.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

i see her in bpva, but just as filler.

Same, if competition isn’t strong then she’s in. The album already has a 4/5 rating, but we’ll see. How do you see Bam Bam in BPDGP?

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

“STAY” was submitted but only in the GF. “Ghost” is yet to be submitted because it became a hit this eligibility period.

Oh alright!

So Ghost can very likely get nominations across the board. It is a smash hit and probably the best single out of Bieber’s last album.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Do y’all think Maggie rogers new album this summer could be a thing? I’d say if the had gotten nominated for soty for light on it might make more sense, but she still got in for bna and she’s well known because of Pharrell/Alaska and her first album got good reviews. Thoughts?

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, The Great, Reservation Dogs, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Pachinko, Severance, Yellowjackets

Profile picture
    Dynasty86
    Topics:

Voter fatigue not being a thing amongst this group of voters is a fair argument. I still maintain that a lot can happen within the next six months and won’t be predicting a sweep for ANYBODY at this point. If I’m wrong in the end, it’s nothing for me to admit that when the time comes.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Material Girl – Saucy Santana
    FYC: Record, Song, Best New Artist, Rap Performance of the Year

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I remember 2019 when many people here thought Maggie Rodgers would get nominated everywhere and then she only got into BNA.

I think she’ll only be nominated again if she’s ever eligible for Best Alternative Music Album. But not this year. There’s no room left. lol

Regarding Camila Cabello… By October, her album will likely be forgotten. Her only chance is alphabetical order privilege. Even if this year turns out to be very dry, she had a front-loaded career. Her name faded.

Justin Bieber will be nominated with Ghost everywhere ugh

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, I do NOT want Kendrick Lamar to release this cycle.  He will be competing with Adele.  Drop a single in September for this cycle.  Drop album in October/November/December for next cycle.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I remember 2019 when many people here thought Maggie Rodgers would get nominated everywhere and then she only got into BNA.

I only remember people predicting her for SOTY for the most part.

There was a last-minute surge where some people started predicting her in AOTY and even ROTY, but that was because Hits Daily Double (the same people who correctly projected a Jay-Z overperformance the year prior) were talking up a similar nominations haul for her.

Justin Bieber will be nominated with Ghost everywhere ugh

I don’t think it will get in Record or Song of the Year. A lot of big hits are coming to come along in the next few months and “Ghost” is going to lose steam.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Bieber will get nominated everywhere again and will lose everything again also.
    If the competition gets harder, I think Camila will need another smash hit to get nominated in BPVA and I don’t think Bam Bam is the one to help with that. Also Ed can only have one song for Pop Duo, right? And his other one has Taylor in it.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Justin’s is one of the first big names in any ballot. Voters are always likely to namecheck him. Though unless he rides collaborators’ coattails again, he’ll fortunately never win.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 773 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.