Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 773 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
almanzarlamar..
2021ravenclaw1
Mother Dináh
  • Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

What are the contenders for BPVA for now?

1. Adele – 30
    2. Harry Styles – Harry’s House
    3. Camila Cabello – Familia
    4. ?
    5. ?

Any upcoming release?

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

What are the contenders for BPVA for now? 1. Adele – 30 2. Harry Styles – Harry’s House 3. Camila Cabello – Familia 4. ? 5. ? Any upcoming release?

There’s also Ed Sheeran’s album.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

There’s the Ed Sheeran and Coldplay’s albums as well. And is Lana submitting for Pop?
    Currently I’m at:

1. 30 – Adele
    2. Harry’s House – Harry Styles
    3. = – Ed Sheeran
    4. Music of the Spheres – Coldplay
    5. Familia – Camila Cabello

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Her team would still submit Bam Bam bc it has Ed Sheeran’s name on it. On the other hand, is WILLOW eligible for BNA? She wouldn’t be a bad contender

I’ve seen multiple posts along this line and I have a question. I’m new to the music side so I don’t know all of the intricate Grammy rules, but can an artists only have one collab submitted? Like, Camila couldn’t submit Bam Bam and Ed couldn’t submit TJATQ and Willow couldn’t submit Psychofreak so that they’re all eligible even though there are multiple contenders for the same person?

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, The Great, Reservation Dogs, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Pachinko, Severance, Yellowjackets

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Kinda think Florence is above Camila. You guys are underestimating how much this Camila album will tank. Florence’s album won’t be big or anything but their track record at the grammys is pretty impressive considering their lack of mainstream success.

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

I have Camila in because I didn’t know who else to include at the moment since I think only Adele, Harry and Ed are safe for a nom lmao Also I thought Florence and the Machine would go Alternative, but now you said it I think I will take Camila out unless “Familia” surprises with the numbers.

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

There’s the Ed Sheeran and Coldplay’s albums as well. And is Lana submitting for Pop?
    Currently I’m at:

1. 30 – Adele
    2. Harry’s House – Harry Styles
    3. = – Ed Sheeran
    4. Music of the Spheres – Coldplay
    5. Familia – Camila Cabello

I forgot they had been released after last Grammy’s eligibility period had ended.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Chlöe’s “Treat Me” is pure camp. It’s supposed to be an over the top parody of overproduced, over sexualized, 2000s songs/videos, right ?

Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

Camila makes good pop. Why is she so disliked?

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I’ve seen multiple posts along this line and I have a question. I’m new to the music side so I don’t know all of the intricate Grammy rules, but can an artists only have one collab submitted? Like, Camila couldn’t submit Bam Bam and Ed couldn’t submit TJATQ and Willow couldn’t submit Psychofreak so that they’re all eligible even though there are multiple contenders for the same person?

they can submit as many songs they want, but due to strategy most artists only submit one. now, if the artist has other collaborations it is up to whoever has ownership of the song to decide whether to submit or not. additionally, grammy rules say that in BPDGP it can only be one song nominated per artist.

for example:
    justin bieber had multiple songs in contention for BPDGP last year (i think there were 4-5 songs in eligible); however, only one could be nominated

hope this makes sense!!

Profile picture
    J_e_r_r_y
    Topics:

With 10 nominations all it takes now is for an album to have a small plurality of votes to win and if pop albums clog up the list again we could see Adele fall short and Silk Sonic take it by surprise. I also just think Adele is being overestimated. So many assumed Billie would practically have AOTY in the bag because of her past 2 Grammy ceremonies where she pretty much got everything she was up for. But HTE was a commercial and critical backslide from her first project. The same thing can be said about 30 commerically. The album faded from the public’s ear rather quickly and has only posted modestly impressive numbers in the US. To assume Adele will have the force to just come in and win everything may be unwise. I think she will certainly sweep the pop field and possibly SOTY/ROTY but 30 as a whole just doesn’t have the same larger than life feel that brought 21/25’s Grammy luck. But Silk Sonic’s project was also overshadowed and was never really at the forefront of the public so it’s hard to tell. I think it’s for sure a bigger tossup than people think it’ll be.

Profile picture
    sean.ato
    Topics:

I believe Lana will submit Blue Banisters for pop like she always does. I think Blue Banisters has a chance!

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Lana didn’t even make it with Norman, I don’t think she will this time.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Rap Song: City Of Gods – Fivio Foreign, Kanye West & Alicia Keys Do We Have A Problem – Nicki Minaj & Lil Baby Handstand – French Montana, Doja Cat & Saweetie What Happened to Virgil – Lil Durk Pushin P – Gunna f/ Future

this category is atrocious 

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 773 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.