Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,318 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Predix
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

I love and support many of my Latin artists but Camila Cabello was just a tad and a complete non factor at the Grammys. She’ll have the career of Becky G if she’s lucky.

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

I have “Bruno” in ROTY, BPDGP and BSFVM as of a now, but if things stay this dry I’ll add it in SOTY and “Encanto” in AOTY.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I have “Bruno” in ROTY, BPDGP and BSFVM as of a now, but if things stay this dry I’ll add it in SOTY and “Encanto” in AOTY.

I can’t see it getting into SOTY only because of how low it will be on the list. If the song was just called Bruno I think it would definitely get a slot

“Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time”

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

I don’t give into this alphabetical order theory. Blinding Lights was snubbed across the board and it starts with a “B”

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I don’t give into this alphabetical order theory. Blinding Lights was snubbed across the board and it starts with a “B”

The only category where Blinding Lights was listed under the letter B was SOTY. Since there were still committees that year, we have no idea if Blinding Lights was in the top 8 or not.

The Weeknd is listed under W in every non-songwriting category.

“We Don’t Talk About Bruno” can’t be ruled out yet because this year is very dry and Lin-Manuel Miranda has industry support.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Blinding Lights was only in SOTY under B, it would be under W in ROTY and BPSP. Plus saying you don’t buy the alphabetical order advantage theory after A Beautiful Noise, Arooj Aftab, ABBA, and arguably Bieber got in the General field in the first straight vote year we’ve had in a while is a little ridiculous. It’s undeniable that being higher in the ballot is beneficial to chances.

“Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time”

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Surprised you guys aren’t predicating ‘We Don’t Talk About Bruno’ in ROTY

100% agree. ROTY, SOTY, BPDGP, & BSWFVM nominations are likely happening. ‘Bruno’ is undeniably one of the biggest songs of 2021. No way it’s getting snubbed. Especially with the current crop of weak contenders. It’ll easily get in a field of 10 nominees.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Camila ‘Racist’  Crapbello + flopping hard = YAY!

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Adele’s album dropped out of the top 40 already. Yikes.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

The only category where Blinding Lights was listed under the letter B was SOTY. Since there were still committees that year, we have no idea if Blinding Lights was in the top 8 or not. The Weeknd is listed under W in every non-songwriting category. “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” can’t be ruled out yet because this year is very dry and Lin-Manuel Miranda has industry support.

Blinding Lights kinda ubiquitous, inescapable throughout the year so I doubt the alphabet order actually played role in his snub

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

her album rollout strategic doesn’t fit todays industry tbh

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

as much as i think ‘bam bam’ is a terrible song, i feel like it would still beat ‘the joker and the queen’. the taylor collab really made 0 noise and we’ve seen how hit-orientated pop has become. not to mention that camila will be under C with ‘bam bam’ as opposed to S

however i’m expecting there’ll be enough competition by the end of the period that neither of them make it

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

I don’t know how they’re going to campaign this once the eligibility period closes. It feels like it’s already being forgotten about by the general public, it shouldn’t be dropping this low when the charts are so weak and have been this whole year so far. EOM feels a lot stronger than 30 to me, if there’s going to be an upset against Adele (which still seems unlikely) then I think it’ll be in AOTY rather than SOTY or ROTY.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Alphabetical order theory is NOT a thing.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

i would respond but if you can look at sets of nominations like last year and not notice alphabetical bias, you’re not worth responding to

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.