Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,318 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Predix
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Is Versions Of Me eligible for Best Latin Pop Album or there are too many songs in English?

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

If the alphabetical order is a thing, then I expect Christina Aguilera to get into Pop Solo, And Record of the Year, for “Somos Nada”.

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

Is Versions Of Me eligible for Best Latin Pop Album or there are too many songs in English?

haven’t heard the album yet personally, but it’s eligible if at least 50% of the album is in spanish and isn’t brazilian music

Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

The album is trilingual, having songs in Portuguese, Spanish & English, therefore probability is that it would be unlikely to have at least 50% Spanish content just based on math unfortunately.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I might be mistaken, but I recall reading somewhere that Best Latin Pop Album only allows albums in Spanish. I don’t know about Best Música Urbana Album, but it belongs in there. The Urban field is one of the few at the Latin Grammys where Brazilians and Hispanics compete together. The NARAS should follow the LARAS.

Versions of Me is mostly in English, so it’ll probably be submitted in Best Pop Vocal Album and receive like 0 votes.

However, I will not be surprised if it’s somehow submitted in Best Global Music Album, where material in English is welcome. The record is all over the place heterogeneous, and unless the NARAS changes the rules, I don’t know where to place it.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

If the alphabetical order is a thing, then I expect Christina Aguilera to get into Pop Solo, And Record of the Year, for “Somos Nada”.

She already got her flowers by sneaking into Best Rap/Sung Performance on the same year as the Goliaths “This is America”, “All The Stars” and “Rockstar” with a freaking album track.

This year, her privilege and status as a legacy act will shine in Best Latin Pop Album and the Latin Grammys.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Things that happened this year that proves alphabetical advantage is real:

– Abba got nominated in ROTY
    – Olivia Rodrigo was the only non A-G artist in pop this year despite Swift, Sheeran and Lil all being widely predicted.
    – Arooj Aftab got into BNA despite basically no one here having head of her before
    – Best Friend and Bath Salts missed the performance categories where they’re S and D but made rap song, where they’re both under B
    – A Beautiful Noise and Bad Habits making it in SOTY where they’d be under B but missing mom, where they’d be under S and K
    – Go look at how basically every classical nominee is from A-D
    – Some of Jon Batistes only misses for nominations were R&B song and SOTY, where his song Freedom was under F rather than B.
    – Almost forgot to mention this but ABBA GOT NOMINATED IN ROTY.

I can say that Be Alive is 100% locked in every category its submitted to, despite it not even charting. And the only reason why I’m saying that is because of alphabetical advantage.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Things that happened this year that proves alphabetical advantage is real: – Abba got nominated in ROTY – Olivia Rodrigo was the only non A-G artist in pop this year despite Swift, Sheeran and Lil all being widely predicted. – Arooj Aftab got into BNA despite basically no one here having head of her before – Abba got nominated in ROTY – Best Friend and Bath Salts missed the performance categories where they’re S and D but made rap song, where they’re both under B – A Beautiful Noise and Bad Habits making it in SOTY where they’d be under B but missing mom, where they’d be under S and K – Abba got nominated in ROTY – Go look at how basically every classical nominee is from A-D – Some of Jon Batistes only misses for nominations were R&B song and SOTY, where his song Freedom was under F rather than B. – Almost forgot to mention this but ABBA GOT NOMINATED IN ROTY. I can say that Be Alive is 100% locked in every category its submitted to, despite it not even charting. And the only reason why I’m saying that is because of alphabetical advantage.

good days nominated in r&b song under G but misses performance whilst under S

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I agree, but

– Olivia Rodrigo was the only non A-G artist in pop this year despite Swift, Sheeran and Lil all being widely predicted.
    – Arooj Aftab got into BNA despite basically no one here having head of her before

1. This probably says more about how Taylor, Ed, and Nas were weak than it does about the alphabetical advantage. Yes, Brandi’s higher placement on the ballot helped her, but she also performed “Right On Time” on SNL during voting and publicly signaled voters that it was moved into the pop category. Furthermore, Nas was able to make it into ROTY over Ariana Grande, despite being lower on the ballot.

2. Arooj won a Grammy this year, so obviously some people had heard of her.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Both Song Written For Visual Media & Latin Pop Album had ridiculous lineups with 3 nominees under the letter A. Let’s say there were 100 submissions in both categories and it’s extremely likely that those As were the first 3 names on each ballot.

Porter Robinson’s snub despite having the most acclaimed/talked about Dance/Electronic Album or the year.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Both Song Written For Visual Media & Latin Pop Album had ridiculous lineups with 3 nominees under the letter A. Let’s say there were 100 submissions in both categories and it’s extremely likely that those As were the first 3 names on each ballot.

“All Eyes On Me” and “Agatha All Along” were expected nominees; “All I Know So Far” was the only surprise. “The Anonymous Ones” from Dear Evan Hansen also notably missed that category.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

When “abcdefu” (Gayle), “AA” (Walker Hayes), “Automatic Woman” (H.E.R.) all get nominated for SOTY will you guys finally believe our conspiracy theory?

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, it does NOT matter that Adele’s album dropped out of the top 40.  Voters fucking adore her!  She is easily winning 5 Grammys next year.

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

Things that happened this year that proves alphabetical advantage is real: – Abba got nominated in ROTY – Olivia Rodrigo was the only non A-G artist in pop this year despite Swift, Sheeran and Lil all being widely predicted. – Arooj Aftab got into BNA despite basically no one here having head of her before – Abba got nominated in ROTY – Best Friend and Bath Salts missed the performance categories where they’re S and D but made rap song, where they’re both under B – A Beautiful Noise and Bad Habits making it in SOTY where they’d be under B but missing mom, where they’d be under S and K – Abba got nominated in ROTY – Go look at how basically every classical nominee is from A-D – Some of Jon Batistes only misses for nominations were R&B song and SOTY, where his song Freedom was under F rather than B. – Almost forgot to mention this but ABBA GOT NOMINATED IN ROTY. I can say that Be Alive is 100% locked in every category its submitted to, despite it not even charting. And the only reason why I’m saying that is because of alphabetical advantage.

-Abba being nominated doesn’t really tell me anything about alphabetical bias. It’s a huge legacy and nostalgia act. It tells me the industry likes to give flowers to veterans.

-Taylor Swift is not a strong contender in pop, as proven time and again. She won 1 pop award in 9 eras. Ed Sheeran… do I have to spell it out? And it’s not weird for the industry to not consider Nas a worthy pop nominee.

-Arooj won a Grammy…

-You really think the difference from a B to an F would make him miss nominations on a year where he won AOTY?

Idk enough about the rest so I don’t really have an opinion, but… of course it’s easier at glance to find nominees in the first few leters of the alphabet but what about:

-Swift, Taylor
    -Timberlake, Justin
    -Solti, Georg
    -West, Kanye
    -Springsteen, Bruce
    -U2
    -Wonder, Stevie
    -Parton, Dolly
    -Williams, John

Even people like:

-McCartney, Paul
    -Jones, Quincy
    -Mancini, Henry
    -Mallinson, James

Aren’t high on the list. You’re claiming claiming Taylor wasn’t nominated in BPVA because of her name… how does that make any sense considering… well, Grammy history?

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Ava Max releases the lead single of her sophomore album next week. It’s called Maybe You’re The Problem and snippet sounds like pop rock. I’m curious how it performs and what critics gonna say.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.