Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Hack Jarlow really reminds me of Iggy Azalea. Hot for one minute and not treated as a serious talented rapper.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

The album is boring but you know what it also boring? Pitchfork giving scores in a totally random way just to be ‘not like the other girls’. I have EASILY heard worst music than this in the last couple of years, and yet none of it got a 2.9. Their criticism is not objective nor fair nor constructive. They try to get clicks with corny headlines and even cornier petty stabs in the articles (often towards the artist persona rather than the music), and honestly a couple of articles read as a joke. I know it is not that deep and it’s just a publication but it kinda bothers me since they used to be a (somewhat?) respected voice among music reviewers.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Nail Tech felt like an extension of Industry Baby, 9 songwriters worked on that.

First Class was simply Jack spewing scanty braggadocious lines on a Fergie song. It had 8 additional songwriters besides the original 5 of “Glamorous”, yet nothing to show for it.

Dua Lipa had nonsensical lyrics and was apparently only recorded to get media attention. 11 songwriters! Could someone please read the lyrics and tell me what it’s about?

Neither the theme, songwriting, production, creativity, narrative nor artistry speaks for the album. What’s the album about even?

Maybe Pitchfork was being dramatic but I have no single point to make in favour of the album.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

It’s off-topic but i’m kinda sad that Young Thug, Gunna and the few other Atlanta rappers careers end that way even though i’m not a fan of their music.

But at the other news.

AOTY is coming.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

History will repeat unfortunately…

Renaissance for AOTY

Mr. Morale and the Big Steppers for BRA

Succession for Best Drama Series

Everything Everywhere All At Once and Michelle Yeoh for Best Picture and Best Actress

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    GTFO
    Topics:

Heard “About Damn Time” on the radio oh wow already for me it’s the Song of the Summer… so sad “Easy On Me” will win Best Pop Solo Perf. because I would love for Lizzo to win a second time in that category.

As much as I would love to predict I can see some account here just bringing negativity against certain acts with no real substance so that makes me not want to predict either.

Boycott this hellsite Goldderby. I can repost.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

The album is boring but you know what it also boring? Pitchfork giving scores in a totally random way just to be ‘not like the other girls’. I have EASILY heard worst music than this in the last couple of years, and yet none of it got a 2.9. Their criticism is not objective nor fair nor constructive. They try to get clicks with corny headlines and even cornier petty stabs in the articles (often towards the artist persona rather than the music), and honestly a couple of articles read as a joke. I know it is not that deep and it’s just a publication but it kinda bothers me since they used to be a (somewhat?) respected voice among music reviewers.

Pitchfork has always been known for being ruthless and snobby. But they used to be far worse in that department. It was rare for them to give any album above a 7.5. And they would trash mainstream artists on a regular. They have definitely eased up over the last few years. I don’t think the album is 2.9 worthy, but it’s also one of the most drab listens for myself in the last few years.

Lizzo is a solid contender in Pop Performance. But even if the song ends up being pretty stable, I just don’t see any reason why they’d give her the win. We also need to see how successful the album will be.

Profile picture
    GTFO
    Topics:

Im giving way too much here.

Boycott this hellsite Goldderby. I can repost.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

It might be best for you to actually “boycott this hellsite Golderby”, I really can’t comprehend what it is you want us to do with the constant complaining.

On a more general note, whoever can’t handle opinions from others that are polar to theirs should simply delete their account. Even notoriously rude users have the temerity to write lurid dissertations implying “this site is toxic”.

The goal is to discuss music with other music enthusiasts, not hold hands and sing “kumbaya “ .

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, this Grammy cycle is shitastic (YUCK!).  I cannot come up with 5 Best New Artist nominees, yet alone 8-10.

Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

Honey, this Grammy cycle is shitastic (YUCK!). I cannot come up with 5 Best New Artist nominees, yet alone 8-10.

I am impressed you came up with five, I am struggling with three. Really reaching at this point tbh. I guess I have to lower my standards of potential options.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

public PSA to get into Ethel Cain before she becomes bigger than she is currently cuz holy fuck this album is fucking amazing 

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Best New Artist is by far the hardest category to predict. I hope Muni Long wins but that’s just a hopeful prediction.

Best New Artist has been a hard to get excited about category since the extension. I think they should have that one go back to 5, we haven’t had a year where 8 or 10 nominees was really needed.

“Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time”

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.