Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 1,240 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Predix
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Predix
    Topics:

KENDRICK LAMAR’s album getting a 100 debut on Metacritic. It is subject to change but this is a good indicator.

Boycott this hellsite Goldderby

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

lol who gives a fuck about the Pulitzer Prize… what a joke

The Pulitzer Prize is a highly respected award in journalism and theater circles, however in the world of music it is much less prestigious.

I mean which Kendrick album is a Grammy-friendly? Maybe TPAB? I don’t know and i couldn’t care less about a AOTY Grammy when Kendrick is about to win a Nobel Prize for this record. We already have a Pulitzer Prize which Adele and Taylor Swift don’t have lol.

PS: He’s still a big contender though, i’ll just wait for sales.

I seriously doubt that Kendrick will one day win a Nobel, Bob Dylan, who is the only songwriter who has won the Nobel Prize for Literature, is famous for writing almost all his songs by himself, I would estimate that 90% of his work has no co-writers. The constant use of co-writers likely disqualifies Kendrick as a possible Nobel winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I think he will win AOTY. So far he doesn’t seem to have competition from the rap and R&B field. They’ll coalesce around him. I just don’t think Adele is that undeniable when her album became old news pretty quickly. And this year’s POC sweep shows the Grammy’s are changing.

To say that this album is his Lemonade is an understatement.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

The only other R&B or Rap contender in the general field Silk Sonic will split votes with Adele too. Thanks Bruno! Brandi will also be weakened by Adele & hopefully Plant & Krauss (probably not)

Every Rap fan and most importantly everyone who votes with their heart will choose Kendrick. Jon just won because of the biggest vote split since Arcade Fire’s win, unprecedented crossover support and most importantly passion vote. Kendrick is what the “real music” voting block should support.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Is Gabby Barrett still eligable? She just recently released the deluxe version of her debut album. She’s gunning for BNA.

If she wasn’t nominated last year after I Hope became a crossover hit I don’t think she ever will. She’s a type of artist doesn’t seem like what the Country field’s been into lately. It’s almost like they regret giving Carrie Underwood 6 Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I mean which Kendrick album is a Grammy-friendly? Maybe TPAB? I don’t know and i couldn’t care less about a AOTY Grammy when Kendrick is about to win a Nobel Prize for this record. We already have a Pulitzer Prize which Adele and Taylor Swift don’t have lol. PS: He’s still a big contender though, i’ll just wait for sales.

To confirm, I hope you’re only trolling non-Kendrick fans 😂.

Because while Pulitzer also considers music composition within the United States only, Nobel’s only non-scientific category is in pure literature, it is global and is extremely difficult to win.

Outside the US, we don’t regard Pulitzer, unlike a Grammy or Oscar! Because as with UK’s MBE and Brit Awards, it’s geographical eligibility is constrained. Laughing at Adele is like undermining Swift for not earning a BET, Adele’s not American. Winning a Pulitzer is nonetheless a huge achievement for Americans and congrats to Lamar.

Also, while Pulitzer is decided by some panel selected by Columbia university, Nobel’s voters include most academic professors, members of parliament, published scientists, international crime court justices, and past winners all around the world. In fact, Ben Carson’s separation of a siamese brain haven’t won him one. It takes years after the qualifying work to impress the voters.

The only black Nobel prize winner in literature so far is Nigeria’s Prof Wole Soyinka. If Kendrick is to be considered for activism, it’s best to point out that only the likes of Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King Jr. have won, Malcom X will likely be awarded if his legacy becomes more quantifiable outside the US. A music artist will probably be laughed out of the room, only altruistic course-altering legacies stand a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

There’s going to be a big push to give Kendrick AOTY. If the Grammys go with Adele it will not be good for either Adele or the Grammys and I do believe they both know this. Adele won’t campaign hard, she literally broke her Grammy and devoted her whole speech to Beyonce last time. I feel she’ll be embarrassed to win over Kendrick this year. This will be the year that hiphop makes its return to AOTY and the coronation of Kendrick as one of the major voices of his generation. I was waiting to see how well received the album was and this feels like the album that combines all of his strengths. It will be the same thing when Beyoncé releases, there will be an industry push to have her win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Wrong, the battlefield is very levelled. A black sweep just happened. Kendrick has some sentiments in his favour including mine, while Adele has more sales working for her.

Also, it’s usually tempting to undermine Bruno and users here are fantastic at doing that. Silk Sonic are the major players with immediate past sweep weakening their odds nonetheless.

I certainly won’t support anyone this time but writing Adele off in any manner is pure delusion of grandeur.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

I think Adele definitely stands a chance, but if there’s any year for her to not sweep, it’s this year. I maintain that there is zero urgency to vote for Adele, as well as Silk Sonic. There are zero guarantees for the Grammys now. Look at The Weeknd snub two years ago and Jon Batiste’s win this year. Adele’s album has all but disappeared and I think Kendrick’s will be on people’s lips for the remainder of the year. The only thing that might bring Adele back is her residency and if it’s well received.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Hmm, Kendrick pulled a 30. Better critical acclaim, lesser commercial performance and no power-packed GP-Pleasing track like Humble/Hello.

Neither will naturally have people talking during voting period without a stunt. Moreover, it’s not about whom the public is talking about but the industry, Jon Batiste’s win should teach us better.

Harry will likely be the one to keep the GP talking by then if you asked me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

I mean i joked about Kendrick’s possible Nobel win and Taylor and Adele not having a Pulitzer but it’s not serious. Still, Kendrick’s Pulitzer win was a big deal and it made headlines.

I got you stuck in the realness

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Kendrick is very worthy of AOTY. I know Adele being Adele is a huge factor, however I think we can’t understate how the album hasn’t been as undeniable as 21 and 25.

A potential scenario could be Kendrick winning AOTY, and Adele winning either ROTY or SOTY (or both). Adele will definitely win something in the GF, but I think it should be ROTY/SOTY, but AOTY is Kendrick’s, in my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Hack Jarlow to debut at #3 on BB200 even with a current hit LMFAOO. Even Future outsold him 2nd week. 💀 Commercial/critical failure. He’s done.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Adele is obviously not to be underestimated but if there’s one year she loses or atleast doesn’t sweep, it’s this one. Depending on how his album fares in the long run, Kendrick is atleast a prime contender for AOTY. I can see a scenario where Adele wins ROTY/SOTY and loses AOTY to Kendrick.

I think Adele pretty much has BPSP and BPVA on lock.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Silk sonic is not gonna be a factor in the general field this time. The competition is too stiff in AOTY and they don’t have a hit nearly big enough or as recent as LTDO was. Plus they already got their dues last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 1,240 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.