Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

First Harry‘s House reviews are coming in. A lot of 4/5s so I guess it’s looking like an average 80s kinda metacritic.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Pitchfork is gonna Pitchfork for sure, so the score is going to go down. I do not think that critics-wise this album is gonna be different than the other two: Harry seems to bother them for some reason, which often seems to be ‘well, he is not Prince or Bowie’. Yeah, lol. I have faith that the general public is going to give the album a fair chance like they did with Fine Line, so it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day.

Profile picture
    GTFO
    Topics:

Youre kids are FUGLY as hell thats why. Leave me TF alone.

Boycott this hellsite Goldderby. I can repost.

Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

Pitchfork gave Kendrick a 7.6 his lowest score so far.

On his fifth album, Kendrick retreats from the limelight and turns to himself, highlighting his insecurities and beliefs. It’s ambitious, impressive, and a bit unwieldy.

Profile picture
    GTFO
    Topics:

Who of yall jealous mfkers are harrasing this person I know you pieces of fck

Boycott this hellsite Goldderby. I can repost.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

A Pitchfork score lower than expected doesn’t affect A-listers, just artists who benefit from the hype generated by a potential “Best New Music” seal.

e.g.: St. Vincent did win a Grammy for Daddy’s Home (namecheck), but people immediately stopped talking about the album after Pitchfork gave her a 6.5.

Kendrick will be fine. Remember Donda?

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

First Harry‘s House reviews are coming in. A lot of 4/5s so I guess it’s looking like an average 80s kinda metacritic.

No surprises here. He’d only get 3/5s had his previous album been a “masterpiece” to which were given dozens of 5/5s. *coughs* Kanye, Lorde *coughs*

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Guy who wrote Mr. Morale’s Pitchfork review is the same guy who gave Nas’ KD2 a 6 so i don’t like him.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Guy who wrote Mr. Morale’s Pitchfork review is the same guy who gave Nas’ KD2 a 6 so i don’t like him.

I peeped that. He’s trash

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

A Pitchfork score lower than expected doesn’t affect A-listers, jartists who benefit from the hype generated by a potential “Best New Music” seal. e.g.: St. Vincent did win a Grammy for Daddy’s Home (namecheck), but people immediately stopped talking about the album after Pitchfork gave her a 6.5. Kendrick will be fine. Remember Donda?

Exactly, except Pitchfork every other critic gave that album 100 or 90’s. He’ll probably end up +95 on Metacritic. He will sweep the rap categories again, GF chances are okay too.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, how do y’all know Kendrick Lamar is “straight?”

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

this is a bad take. do you believe that we should let anyone say the f-slur unless they explicitly say they are or aren’t gay?

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Multi-Grammy Winning Artist - Olivia Rodrigo

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Squid Game
    - Severance
    - This Is Us
    - Stranger Things
    - Reservation Dogs

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Straight as in sexual orientation?

His wife and two kids would be the best indicator. Of course we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors in people’s private lives but Kendrick presents himself as heterosexual and therefore thats how he should be viewed when judging/critiquing/speaking on his art.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

I very much believe the song will make other rappers rethink homophobic lyrics they wanna release, which was presumably what Kendrick was trying to accomplish.

in the hip-hop / rap / r&b community, we’ve had artists have LGBTQ references in their music / personal lives including Tyler, the Creator, Lil Nas X, Cardi B, Kehlani, Frank Ocean, Kevin Abstract, Princess Nokia, Steve Lacy, & Young M.A.

I understand that Kendrick is one of (if not the most) influential voices in rap culture today. but it’s not like queer culture and existence is some untouched ground. If it takes a straight man, who they see as a huge figure in their community, to convince them that it’s not okay to be homophobic or transphobic, but they couldn’t / refused to listen to the multiple queer voices that were already in their community, do they REALLY have a changed mindset or are they just going along with King Kenny because they ACTUALLY respect him and not actual queer people.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Multi-Grammy Winning Artist - Olivia Rodrigo

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Squid Game
    - Severance
    - This Is Us
    - Stranger Things
    - Reservation Dogs

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.