Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Having a girlfriend/wife, children, and presenting as straight does NOT necessarily make one heterosexual.

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

Man, all this back and forth about the subject and the bottom line is that he could make the exact same point without saying slurs and deadnaming/misgendering a trans person.

I don’t think anybody believes he had bad intentions, but he fell short in the execution and it’s okay to admit it!!! It doesn’t have to be a dragging issue. It can literally be a teaching moment for anyone who wants to listen. It’s okay! Not everything has to be this black or white moment.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Get real! Having a girlfriend/wife, children, and presenting as straight does NOT necessarily make one heterosexual.

It doesn’t matter. He’s never explicitly said that he’s not heterosexual and has presented himself as such so this is what people will move with.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Love Kendrick but the frontloadedness and lack of appeal to non-rap voters means we can unfortunately rule him out of the AOTY race.

It’s going to be Adele or someone who’s currently 100/1.

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

I do not think there is any artist capable of surpassing the love that the academy has for Adele, even if it is not her most successful era, all the campaign that her label has to do to ensure her victory is to send invitations to half of the voters to her show in Las Vegas.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Kudos to Pitchfork for finally taking Kendrick’s d!ck out of their mouth and giving an honest review.

Rolling Stone just gave the album a 70 too. It is down to 94 on Metacritic. Bookmark me when I tell you that this album won’t place top 5 on YE critic aggregates.

Of course, Grammy voters aren’t checking Metacritic or AOTY YE lists to decide their votes, but all of this hurts Kendrick who is supposed to be a critical king. The AOTY winning talk needs to end.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Kudos to Pitchfork for finally taking Kendrick’s d!ck out of their mouth and giving an honest review. Rolling Stone just gave the album a 70 too. It is down to 94 on Metacritic. Bookmark me when I tell you that this album won’t place top 5 on YE critic aggregates. Of course, Grammy voters aren’t checking Metacritic or AOTY YE lists to decide their votes, but all of this hurts Kendrick who is supposed to be a critical king. The AOTY winning talk needs to end.

You are negative man. If you don’t like this album just say it. Kendrick may or may not win AOTY but this talk is weird to me.

Also 94 is still a pretty high score.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Adele has no competition, this is looking to be her easiest sweep

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Album of the Year:

Adele – 30
    Harry Styles – Harry’s House
    Silk Sonic – An Evening with Silk Sonic
    Encanto Cast – Encanto
    Ed Sheeran – =
    Kendrick Lamar – Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers
    Bad Bunny – Un Verano Sin Ti
    Post Malone – Twelve Carat Toothache

Record of the Year:

Adele – Easy on Me
    Harry Styles – As It Was
    Kendrick Lamar – N95
    Encanto Cast – We Don’t Talk About Bruno
    Elton John & Dua Lipa – Cold Heart (Acoustic)
    Jack Harlow – First Class
    Silk Sonic – Smoking Out the Window
    Doja Cat – Woman

Song of the Year:

abcdefu • Gayle
    About Damn Time • Lizzo
    As It Was • Harry Styles
    Bam Bam • Camilla Cabello f/ Ed Sheeran
    Easy On Me • Adele
    We Don’t Talk About Bruno • Encanto
    Smokin Out the Window • Silk Sonic
    N95 • Kendrick Lamar

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Kudos to Pitchfork for finally taking Kendrick’s d!ck out of their mouth and giving an honest review. Rolling Stone just gave the album a 70 too. It is down to 94 on Metacritic. Bookmark me when I tell you that this album won’t place top 5 on YE critic aggregates. Of course, Grammy voters aren’t checking Metacritic or AOTY YE lists to decide their votes, but all of this hurts Kendrick who is supposed to be a critical king. The AOTY winning talk needs to end.

You DO know that 94% on Metacritic still

makes it amongst the most acclaimed rap albums of ALL TIME correct? Also its the most acclaimed album of the year to date and set to have the highest first week sales of the year to date.

He’s still a critical darling. The album will

make multiple Year End lists and he’ll be nominated for AOTY (though he more than likely won’t win)

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

You DO know that 94% on Metacritic still makes it amongst the most acclaimed rap albums of ALL TIME correct? Also its the most acclaimed album of the year to date and set to have the highest first week sales of the year to date. He’s still a critical darling. The album will make multiple Year End lists and he’ll be nominated for AOTY (though he more than likely won’t win)

He made his intention clear when he said it’s not gonna make it YE lists. You can say Adele sweeping and Kendrick is never gonna win a GF award. I’m okay with that but his energy, his intention is bad.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

He made his intention clear when he said it’s not gonna make it YE lists. You can say Adele sweeping and Kendrick is never gonna win a GF award. I’m okay with that but his energy, his intention is bad.

I said what I said. My intention is to objectively discuss the 2023 Grammy contenders. I didn’t even attack the album (I too would give it a middle-range 7).

There’s the Kendrick Lamar thread if you’re looking for only super positive comments.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Metascores have been flawed for a couple years now. Critics be giving out 4/5 stars to 7/10 albums and 5/5 stars to 9/10 albums. Pitchfork’s one of the few more realistic, though several times harsh, outliers.

Since 2019-ish, many mainstream artists have been receiving their best metascores ever with albums that are not their best.

Even Pitchfork’s been lacking cojones lately. Back in the day they’d give out multiple 2.9’s in a year. Readers wouldn’t have turned the review/roast of Jack Harlow into an event.

But 0-5 stars critics became wimps ever since stan militias started harrassing them on Twitter for giving their precious idol 3/5 stars.

The writers that reviewed Mr. Morale (94%) definitely don’t think it’s better than GKMC (91%)

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

About Damn Time went number 9 on the Hot 100 during the Bad Bunny Album drop! I see ROTY and SOTY nominations for Lizzo now!!!!

I’m glad y’all let this one be a hit!!!

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

I said what I said. My intention is to objectively discuss the 2023 Grammy contenders. I didn’t even attack the album (I too would give it a middle-range 7). There’s the Kendrick Lamar thread if you’re looking for only super positive comments.

I don’t buy it, you basically said Kendrick’s album doesn’t gonna make it top 5 YE lists when every critic except Pitchfork and Rolling Stone praised the hell out of it.

Yeah objectively speaking Adele is gonna sweep so we shouldn’t watch Grammys nor open this thread at the first place. It’s waste of time.

People come here with their different opinions and possibilities, if you just said Kendrick isn’t gonna win a GF award i would accept it but your post was negative and not realistic. Kendrick Lamar is still a critical darling and commercially big enough to debate about.

And yeah i opened that thread because a Kendrick Lamar thread was long overdue for this site.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.