Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

i also think kendrick might lose AOTY yet again due to the lack of interest in the album, seems like another easy sweep for adele in both the GF and Pop field. moving on, i think lizzo could definitely make roty and/or soty with about damn time, seems like itll be a big stable hit, she proved me wrong! i also think that wdtab might end up missing roty and/or soty. it was big during its peak but it quickly tumbled down everywhere (which isn’t smart to base it off of numbers, considering the song never got any major playlisting but still) and voters may forget about the song by the time first round votings comes around

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

When the album got announced, I really thought Kendrick had a chance to win because of his acclaim, narrative and also if a bunch of pop albums got nominated. But now, I guess the only albums that could steal votes from Adele are Harry’s and Lizzo’s, but I mean… those will not be enough at all lmao also I don’t wanna say his numbers are disappointing since it’s Monday but I really thought he would hold better, especially on Apple Music. He’ll still have one of the most acclaimed albums of year and biggest debut so far. Hopefully N95 can debut at #1 as well.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Kudos to Pitchfork for finally taking Kendrick’s d!ck out of their mouth and giving an honest review.

Meh. So, just because they gave this album a 7.6 that means this is an “honest” review as opposed to the other times they gave his albums strong reviews? Every one of those albums deserved its strong rating. Y’all are so weird when it comes to critically acclaimed artists, especially the black ones.

Anyway, I’m sure next week y’all will be creating this narrative that Harry Styles is more than he is in this race next week.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

harry styles is not and wont be in the race for aoty. he literally lost to dua lipa for bpva, he’s no threat to adele or silk sonic

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Please Listen to Ethel Cain if you really care about Trans Artists. The Album is Preacher’s Daughter & its amazing 

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    GTFO
    Topics:

Lmao

Boycott this hellsite Goldderby. I can repost.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

I am a big Harry fan and I can tell you that what we are hoping for is not a win but recognition in the GF since Fine Line did not even get to that! Adele, Silk Sonic, Kendrick, and maybe even other artists, are way more probable for a win. Tbh it would be an honor to just make it in aoty with the roster that we’ll have this year, it’s a completely different level compared to last year

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Harry won’t beat Adele, Kendrick, or Silk Sonic for AOTY but he’ll definitely be a contender. It’s one of the few major Pop releases of the year and if it performs well a nomination could happen.

Side note: 2022 is lacking musically right now. We don’t even have a BNA frontrunner.

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

I think it’s because nobody is coming out big this year, aka the “Olivia Rodrigo” moment. The only locks/front runners that I can think of are Muni Long, Tate McRae, & possibly even Gayle

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I more or less agree with Pitchfork’s rating. I’ll maybe bump it up to 7.8-8.0 but that’s about it. I think this album doesn’t have the oomph factor that DAMN. and GKMC had. I remember listening to them and being transfixed but MMTBS kinda drags on, especially in the second disk. It’s still the best release of the year though, by far.

I had high hopes about Kendrick’s chances tbh but I’m not feeling it too much either now. It doesn’t seem like he’ll squeeze a hit out of it and there’s Adele. We’ll see how the acclaim holds up towards the YE list since he’s guaranteed noms atleast.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

It’s still the best release of the year though, by far.

I beg to differ

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

HOLD THE GIRL COMING IN SEPTEMBER

i think rina has a chance to snag a nomination this year, because first off it will be released right before the eligibility period ends so there’ll most likely be huge clout for it, and second, rina herself has gotten more popular lately, especially after she collaborated with elton and her debut album in many top album lists in 2020, what do y’all think?

Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

I beg to differ

YES!

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

I think Rina could get a nom. This year is very weak so the BNA winner could be someone with enough genre support, maybe Muni Long? Or perhaps someone not in our radar a la Esperanza Spalding, it could be another Jazz singer

Adele is going 6/6, while Kendrick and Silk Sonic sweep their genre categories, pretty boring race tbh

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Please Listen to Ethel Cain if you really care about Trans Artists. The Album is Preacher’s Daughter & its amazing

Thank you for recommending this! I’m obsessed with “American Teenager”.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.