Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Kendrick was never winning nor will he ever win, I highly doubt he even cares. The man has lost 4 times. His best shot was with TPAB but lost out to biggest pop moment of that year.

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, girls need to get their panties out of a twist.  Kendrick Lamar dropping f-bombs is NOT that big of a deal.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

This is what I was thinking for winners so far. Muni seems like the least likely to happen, but I don’t know who else could win.

I would love for the Grammys to look like:

Record of the Year: “As It Was” — Harry Styles
    Album of the Year: Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers — Kendrick Lamar
    Song of the Year: “Easy On Me” — Adele
    Best New Artist: Muni Long

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, some users are delusional!  Kendrick Lamar is NOT winning Album of the Year (pains me to state that).  Adele has that on lock for the third time.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

I have a possibility where Adele wins but her white guilt jumps in and smashes the award for choosing her over Kendrick.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    oliviasweep2022
    Topics:

hey y’all do you think gayle will be nominated in anything? what about gracie abrams

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    oliviasweep2022
    Topics:

i think she will be snubbed 😭 poor girl

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

I heard somewhere that Mr. Morale & TBS doesn’t considered as a double album because it’s not long enough by Billboard standards. That’s not fair and Kendrick should release a statement about it.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

I heard somewhere that Mr. Morale & TBS doesn’t count as a double album because it’s not long enough by Billboard standards. That’s not fair and Kendrick should release a statement about it.

That is correct. To be counted as a double album, which effectively means that the sales count as double, an album has to be over 100 minutes in length. Mr Morale & The Big Steppers “only” clocks in at 73 minutes so it doesn’t count.

I’m sure Kendrick and his team know what the requirements are for a double album and i’m sure that the purpose of making this a “double album” was thematic in nature and not to manipulate billboard for further sales. Its not unfair because this is a piece of art, and Kendrick chose art over stuffing an album full of filler to meet an archaic requirement that was established when CD’s were still the norm.

When Nas released his double album back in 2004, Streets Disciple, it too didn’t meet the requirements, clocking in at “only” 88 minutes. As such it wasn’t counted twice upon its debut. Same thing for Big Krit’s 2017 album 4eva IS A Mighty Long Time (87 mins) and Lupe Fiasco’s Drogas Wave (98 Mins)

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

That is correct. To be counted as a double album, which effectively means that the sales count as double, an album has to be over 100 minutes in length. Mr Morale & The Big Steppers “only” clocks in at 73 minutes so it doesn’t count. I’m sure Kendrick and his team know what the requirements are for a double album and i’m sure that the purpose of making this a “double album” was thematic in nature and not to manipulate billboard for further sales. Its not unfair because this is a piece of art, and Kendrick chose art over stuffing an album full of filler to meet an archaic requirement that was established when CD’s were still the norm. When Nas released his double album back in 2004, Streets Disciple, it too didn’t meet the requirements, clocking in at “only” 88 minutes. As such it wasn’t counted twice upon its debut. Same thing for Big Krit’s 2017 album 4eva IS A Mighty Long Time (87 mins) and Lupe Fiasco’s Drogas Wave (98 Mins)

87 mins, 98 mins or 73 mins are long enough for me. Yeah i know Kendrick chooses art over fillers but still Billboard needs to consider their rules.

Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

87 mins, 98 mins or 73 mins are long enough for me. Yeah i know Kendrick chooses art over fillers but still Billboard needs to consider their rules.

If they did a lot of artists would start releasing “double albums” just to inflate their own numbers.

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Latto & Muni Long are probably the two frontrunners for BNA right now. Muni is very deserving after being a songwriter for many Grammy winners for years and now her own solo music. Latto has had a breakout year too so her winning wouldn’t be a shock.

BNA is honestly so dry though. Considering Tate McRae was predicted by many for 2022 and even by some people in 2021, I think 2023 has to be her year for a nomination surely. It’s now or never!

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

If they did a lot of artists would start releasing “double albums” just to inflate their own numbers.

I mean some of them already doing that. Drake or Morgan Wallen for example. Some of them making other cheat codes like releasing another album for under  “deluxe edition” label, Uzi Vert, Pop Smoke etc.. Nobody is stopping them either. BTS fans just mass downloading their songs so they can stay #1 as long as they want. Cheat codes lives forever and limiting double albums like 2 hours isn’t a solution.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.