Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

I mean some of them already doing that. Drake or Morgan Wallen for example. Some of them making other cheat codes like releasing another album for under “deluxe edition” label, Uzi Vert, Pop Smoke etc.. Nobody is stopping them either. BTS fans just mass downloading their songs so they can stay #1 as long as they want. Cheat codes lives forever and limiting double albums like 2 hours isn’t a solution.

Morgan’s album is only 97 minutes long, on the other hand none of Drake’s albums exceed 100 minutes, most are around 80 minutes long.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

mmm, the metascore is now lower than kendrick’s 3 aoty nominated studio albums.

we need a savior from the voters just blindly namechecking that adele album that’s been sitting outside the top 50 for weeks now.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Morgan’s album is only 97 minutes long, on the other hand none of Drake’s albums exceed 100 minutes, most are around 80 minutes long.

So they aren’t benefited from that ” double album ” status. How the hell Morgan Wallen can sell that much albums then? I really don’t get it, i never know a Morgan Wallen fan. Are these old people that buys CDs and vinyls like that? His song is #1 on iTunes though.

mmm, the metascore is now lower than kendrick’s 3 aoty nominated studio albums. we need a savior from the voters just blindly namechecking that adele album that’s been sitting outside the top 50 for weeks now.

Mr. Morale’s Metacritic user score is now higher than critic score which is interesting. Some of them like NYT, Rolling Stone and Pitchfork didn’t like this personal and vulnerable Kendrick very much. I think Mr. Morale might be better than DAMN.

Unfortunately that’s unlikely unless some secret committee block Adele on GF. You know, the one existed before 2020 controversy.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I mean some of them already doing that. Drake or Morgan Wallen for example. Some of them making other cheat codes like releasing another album for under “deluxe edition” label, Uzi Vert, Pop Smoke etc.. Nobody is stopping them either. BTS fans just mass downloading their songs so they can stay #1 as long as they want. Cheat codes lives forever and limiting double albums like 2 hours isn’t a solution.

It is kinda effective though. Not many artists putting out double albums just for charts. If they brought the time duration down then it’s gonna be a mess. Kendrick obviously chose art over charts.

Billboard is changing their other rules too. They recently changed the rules for digital sales (we all know why). They keep changing their formula for counting points too when they think some shady stuff is going on. It’s not foolproof but honestly, they’re doing what’s feasible. They cannot help it when fans keep coming up with new and creative ways to cheat.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

“How the hell Morgan Wallen can sell that much albums then? I really don’t get it, i never know a Morgan Wallen fan. Are these old people that buys CDs and vinyls like that?”

He hasn’t sold much. about 300k copies.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

“How the hell Morgan Wallen can sell that much albums then? I really don’t get it, i never know a Morgan Wallen fan. Are these old people that buys CDs and vinyls like that?” He hasn’t sold much. about 300k copies.

His album is still in top 5 on Billboard 200. Very weird.

It is kinda effective though. Not many artists putting out double albums just for charts. If they brought the time duration down then it’s gonna be a mess. Kendrick obviously chose art over charts. Billboard is changing their other rules too. They recently changed the rules for digital sales (we all know why). They keep changing their formula for counting points too when they think some shady stuff is going on. It’s not foolproof but honestly, they’re doing what’s feasible. They cannot help it when fans keep coming up with new and creative ways to cheat.

You are right , it prevents more people to do this double album stuff but like i said there’s a new cheat code appears and become a trend, i don’t know this deluxe edition trend died down or mass downloading etc..

Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

Speaking of Billboard, can we focus on Lizzo for a moment? About Damn Time is already top ten, I think that the nominations in ROTY and SOTY are more and more likely.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Yeah, i kinda thought Lizzo started to fall off but this song became a sleeper hit. About Damn Time indeed, happy for her.

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

Bro About Damn Time was my favorite since it came out, everyone slept on it and then 3 weeks later, it’s now a hit. So hopefully it gets nominated for SOTY, ROTY, and BPVP.

Also, I think Tate McRae is (hopefully) getting a BNA nomination this year since She’s All I Wanna Be is a hit, plus she’s releasing an album next week. Hopefully it’ll make some noise, but kinda doubt it

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

I don’t see a scenario where Adele wins ROTY/SOTY and loses AOTY. It happened to Lady A and Sam Smith in very specific circumstances (Childish Gambino and Silk Sonic didn’t have eligible albums).

Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

I don’t see a scenario where Adele wins ROTY/SOTY and loses AOTY. It happened to Lady A and Sam Smith in very specific circumstances (Childish Gambino and Silk Sonic didn’t have eligible albums).

The only possible scenario would be if she loses to a veteran who is loved in the industry, Amy Winehouse won BPVA, BFPVP, BNA, ROTY and SOTY but lost Album Of The Year to Herbie Hancock. The only problem is that Adele at this point has already become a veteran who is loved by the industry.

Profile picture
    Alioth
    Topics:

mmm, the metascore is now lower than kendrick’s 3 aoty nominated studio albums. we need a savior from the voters just blindly namechecking that adele album that’s been sitting outside the top 50 for weeks now.

Adele definitely keeps you awake at night. What will happen when she sweeps? 💀.

Profile picture
    oliviasweep2022
    Topics:

adele doesn’t deserve to sweep sorry… 30 is as forgettable as it can get but i guess old white men love rewarding white women☹️

Profile picture
    Alioth
    Topics:

A bunch of reputable white/white-passing women literally lost AOTY this year, even after Gaga paired with a respectable old white man. Doja, Jazmine, Nas, H.E.R etc have gotten their dues this decade.

If we don’t accept that the Grammys are gradually becoming progressive then what exactly will please us? Disqualifying every white person by default? Will the winner in such a case feel accomplished?

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

A Black artist winning AOTY once in 13-14 years is not showing that the Grammys are progressive.

A bunch of reputable white/white-passing women literally lost AOTY this year, even after Gaga paired with a respectable old white man. Doja, Jazmine, Nas, H.E.R etc have gotten their dues this decade.

If we don’t accept that the Grammys are gradually becoming progressive then what exactly will please us? Disqualifying every white person by default? Will the winner in such a case feel accomplished?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.