Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Okay, i will ask you all a genuine question assuming you listened to both albums. Which album is better, Mr. Morale or 30 and if Adele sweeps will it be a deserving one?

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Okay, i will ask you all a genuine question assuming you listened to both albums. Which album is better, Mr. Morale or 30 and if Adele sweeps will it be a deserving one?

Mr. Morale is miles better and a 30 sweep would be one of the worst ever

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

“Progressive” would be Grammys legit embracing urban music by black artists. They’re still a ways away from doing that. A random black person winning AOTY every decade + for “old white people friendly” music isn’t reflective of much change.

Kendrick’s album is better than Adele’s IMO, but not by much. And we all know winners aren’t driven by what’s the supposed best.

Profile picture
    bledsoe
    Topics:

Is Sam Fender eligible for BNA? His second album received critical acclaim and the song was a hit in the UK…

Profile picture
    Alioth
    Topics:

What universally defines “better” and “deserving”?

Profile picture
    bledsoe
    Topics:

This is very subjective. For me 30 is better, for others it’s not. That’s why I don’t take it too seriously, it’s just opinions…

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

What universally defines “better” and “deserving”?

Better as songwriting, production, themes, overall body of work. That’s all subjective of course. You can say 30 is better than Mr. Morale as a whole body of work. I respect it.

For example 21 was more deserving, 25 was less deserving because of Lemonade.

Profile picture
    Alioth
    Topics:

“Progressive” would be Grammys legit embracing urban music by black artists. They’re still a ways away from doing that. A random black person winning AOTY every decade + for “old white people friendly” music isn’t reflective of much change. Kendrick’s album is better than Adele’s IMO, but not by much. And we all know winners aren’t driven by what’s the supposed best.

I love how you emboldened IMO. If a majority of voters’ opinions of better is 30, should she still be considered undeserving because others disagree?

If it’s a problem of a demographic group not connecting with music from an artist in a different group, then a skewed distribution of voters should result in skewed results.

But in such a case, should some industry professionals who become eligible to vote be held-off in a bid to balance the voting population?

Profile picture
    Alioth
    Topics:

Better as songwriting, production, themes, overall body of work. That’s all subjective of course. You can say 30 is better than Mr. Morale as a whole body of work. I respect it. For example 21 was more deserving, 25 was less deserving because of Lemonade.

Honestly, I loved Lemonade. However, I felt too many creative experts contributed to the album hence it was expected to be better.

At that time, a bulk of these contributors would  not have received that AOTY too. Beyoncé would have been primarily winning despite not contributing to Lemonade as much as Adele did to 25. It’s just my reasoning.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

I’ll revisit Adele’s album more often, but I’d like to see a Kendrick win considering his lyricism and theme of the album. However I don’t think an Adele win would be unworthy or anything, it would just be a bit “whatever, we knew it would happen”. Just hoping it’s not a sweep at this point.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Adele does not measure up to Kendrick in lyricism and neither does Kendrick match Adele in vocal performance and composition. Adele also played some of the instruments in her albums even though she stopped playing live after 21.

The talent doesn’t have to be exactly the same but each have their own skills and I try not to focus on those one possesses more while ignoring those in fact exclusive to the other. Both are talented for their active genres.

If I were a voter, Kendrick would have gotten mine too but for subjective reasons to be completely honest.

Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

“Tilt” by Confidence Man – Dance/Electronic Album

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

30 is a great album (especially compared to 25). His reputation here is unfair.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Adele does not measure up to Kendrick in lyricism and neither does Kendrick match Adele in vocal performance and composition. Adele also typically played some of the instruments in her albums even though she stopped playing live after 21. The talent doesn’t have to be exactly the same but each have their own skills and I try not to focus on those one possesses more while ignoring those in fact exclusive to the other. Both are talented for their active genres. If I were a voter, Kendrick would have gotten mine too but for subjective reasons to be completely honest.

I mean yeah Kendrick’s vocals can’t compared to Adele and Adele’s songwriting to Kendrick. They are both good on their own lanes but i’m gonna give Kendrick more because he touched more subjects than Adele did and he didn’t tap danced around the conversation.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

30 is great, her best tbh

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.