Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  A 30 sweep would NOT be one of the worst sweeps ever.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Get real! A 30 sweep would NOT be one of the worst sweeps ever.

Oh Honey, Gucci likes Adele now. A BRAND NEW WORLD.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    oliviasweep2022
    Topics:

the 30 momentum died already and it only lasted during last fall 💀 and i’m not even defending anyone because i don’t like any album released so far in this grammy season

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

A Black artist winning AOTY once in 13-14 years is not showing that the Grammys are progressive.

Not it in itself, but also the fact that the prior year, 2 of the main GF awards were won by black artists, and the year before it, a rap song won ROTY & SOTY for the first time in history. So there is a trend happening. It’s undeniable.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Oh Honey, Gucci likes Adele now. A BRAND NEW WORLD.

to be fair, Gucci been praising Adele for years

Profile picture
    GTFO
    Topics:

Mr. Morale is miles better and a 30 sweep would be one of the worst ever

Do you even listen to hip-hop 😂

@lipabridgerstwigs

“Progressive” would be Grammys legit embracing urban music by black artists. They’re still a ways away from doing that. A random black person winning AOTY every decade + for “old white people friendly” music isn’t reflective of much change. Kendrick’s album is better than Adele’s IMO, but not by much. And we all know winners aren’t driven by what’s the supposed best.

100%. I agree here.

Boycott this hellsite Goldderby. I can repost.

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

the 30 momentum died already and it only lasted during last fall 💀 and i’m not even defending anyone because i don’t like any album released so far in this grammy season

TBH it’s kind of annoying that she’s just gonna win on a namecheck basis. Her album wasn’t that loved, didn’t do that well, and it’s already forgotten, and yet the entire Grammy season is basically everyone twiddling their fingers because we all know 99% that she’s gonna get all the major awards, and everyone who released during this time period (in the GF and in Pop) can at most hope for a nomination as a reward. It’s frustrating because she’s already been rewarded and doesn’t need more accolades, nor does she deserve them this time around.

I’m not saying her output was bad, I just don’t think it’s good enough for the rest of us to be like, “well, she’s gonna win anyway, so…”

Profile picture
    oliviasweep2022
    Topics:

exactly!!! kinda disappointing that this might happen (of course it will..lol)

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Adele released her best album, whether it did as well as 21 or 25 or not. It’s not her fault the competition is bleak. She could still very well lose some Grammys, but if she sweeps again, oh well. Anyone who actually listened to the album knows that it’s deserving of any recognition.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers now 89 on Metacritic, only 1 point above 30… take that as you will!

Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

I honestly think we’re all suggestible to pick Kendrick because of:

1. The weariness of knowing that a certain artist will win because she has the kind of music the academy likes. Which makes her wins seem predictable and underwhelming.

2. The weariness of seeing a universally acclaimed rap artist get snubbed every time.

Hi.

Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

Anyway, I loved Rina Sawayama’s new song and I hope this one gets her chance to be recognized.

Hi.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Sorry but 30 is pretentious bore of an album. Only sweep this century I’d consider worse than a hypothetical 30 sweep is The Chicks, since Not Ready To Make Nice is a terrible song.

My delusions of Kendrick winning ended when I saw how frontloaded he was. He always needed a mega smash album with crossover appeal but he clearly doesn’t have it with this album. He’ll still easily have the best album in the eventual nominee list.

Still retain that the biggest threat to Adele is going to be someone who’s currently 100/1. Silk Sonic have zero advantage over her and I think everyone has finally accepted that Harry is not a threat to her anywhere.

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Sorry but 30 is pretentious bore of an album. Only sweep this century I’d consider worse than a hypothetical 30 sweep is The Chicks, since Not Ready To Make Nice is a terrible song.

My delusions of Kendrick winning ended when I saw how frontloaded he was. He always needed a mega smash album with crossover appeal but he clearly doesn’t have it with this album. He’ll still easily have the best album in the eventual nominee list.

Still retain that the biggest threat to Adele is going to be someone who’s currently 100/1. Silk Sonic have zero advantage over her and I think everyone has finally accepted that Harry is not a threat to her anywhere.

What the hell is “pretentious” about 30? Y’all really like to overuse words that you don’t even know the meaning of. Like… lol

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

What the hell is “pretentious” about 30? Y’all really like to overuse words that you don’t even know the meaning of. Like… lol

I can point to various parts of this album I find insanely pretentious but I’ll just do the opening lyrics of the lead single

There ain’t no gold in this river
    That I’ve been washin’ my hands in forever

Like what the hell does this even mean? Complete faux-deep nonsense.

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.