Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,021 through 1,035 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Like what the hell does this even mean? Complete faux-deep nonsense.

So, a line in a love song makes the entire album “pretentious”? And I’m pretty sure you can’t pinpoint a legitimate thing that’s “pretentious” about that album. Call it a “bore” all you like, but “pretentious” doesn’t fit that album… at all.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

So, a line in a love song makes the entire album “pretentious”? And I’m pretty sure you can’t a legitimate thing that’s “pretentious” about that album. Call it a “bore” all you like, but “pretentious” doesn’t fit that album… at all.

I pointed out that specific line because it’s literally how she decided to start the era. Can point to several other lyrics I find pretentious if you want or we can just agree to disagree here.

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

It’s a metaphor. Every songwriter uses metaphors in songs, whether you think it’s clever or not. If that’s your argument, then everything about Kendrick’s album is “pretentious.” Y’all really nitpick silly things about these artists just because you don’t like them or their music. There are bigger criticisms than trivial BS like a metaphor in an adult contemporary song.

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

Adele released her best album, whether it did as well as 21 or 25 or not. It’s not her fault the competition is bleak. She could still very well lose some Grammys, but if she sweeps again, oh well. Anyone who actually listened to the album knows that it’s deserving of any recognition.

This isn’t her best album, imo.

And it wouldn’t matter who released this year or what they released, they would still lose to her, on a year where her album is not doing well at all. That’s the frustrating part. “Competition is bleak” is not the take.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

This isn’t her best album, imo.

And it wouldn’t matter who released this year or what they released, they would still lose to her, on a year where her album is not doing well at all. That’s the frustrating part. “Competition is bleak” is not the take.

That’s not true. We’ve seen Grammy favorites fall from grace. If no one can take her down in a “flop” era, then that says more about the competition than Adele herself. I’m not convinced that Adele will sweep again, but there has to be passion for someone else.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

But what I will say about Kendrick’s case is that there are voters that probably won’t be so quick to award him after rewarding Jon Batiste this past year. But a Rap sweep is imminent. The fact that Kendrick could be at nearly 20 Grammys next year is crazy in itself.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Lizzo worked with Mark Ronson in the making of Special

this is important information

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

And I know he stands no chance at even being nominated, but the most culturally impactful artist of the year so far has been Bad Bunny.

Universally acclaimed record, broke numerous records without singing a word in English and is leading the takeover of Música Urbana in the US charts. With A-list Pop & Rap so milquetoast in 2022, the latino gang has been the most exciting thing to look at in the Hot 100 this year.

Bad Bunny is hands down the “Artist of the Year”.

I wish committees were brought back so he could be recognized in the General Field.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Bad Bunny definitely has a chance at being nominated. lol

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Lizzo worked with Mark Ronson in the making of Special

this is important information

Are we still pretending that this Mark Ronson/Max Martin produced album which has released exclusively pop songs so far is competing in R&B or have we finally accepted that it’s very obviously going to PVA?

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Are we still pretending that this Mark Ronson/Max Martin produced album which has released exclusively pop songs so far is competing in R&B or have we finally accepted that it’s very obviously going to PVA?

We were worried that Lizzo wouldn’t be competitive in Pop and manifesting a nomination via category fraud.

To be fair, if the category was still called “Urban Contemporary”, she would once again be misplaced.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

But what I will say about Kendrick’s case is that there are voters that probably won’t be so quick to award him after rewarding Jon Batiste this past year. But a Rap sweep is imminent. The fact that Kendrick could be at nearly 20 Grammys next year is crazy in itself.

And none of them are GF awards. Yikes. Also they don’t hesitate when they award white pop artists back to back so i don’t buy it.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

That’s not true. We’ve seen Grammy favorites fall from grace. If no one can take her down in a “flop” era, then that says more about the competition than Adele herself. I’m not convinced that Adele will sweep again, but there has to be passion for someone else.

Yeah, no one has undeservedly gotten a Grammy before. You’re right. If no one can beat Adele then that means no one is better than Adele. My bad.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Yeah, no one has undeservedly gotten a Grammy before. You’re right. If no one can beat Adele then that means no one is better than Adele. My bad.

How does any of this correlate with my post… at all? I didn’t say any of this. Just say that you are tired of Adele winning, and it has nothing to do with what you think of her music because that’s really what this boils down to.

Interesting that people love to throw around acclaim when it’s convenient, yet Adele possibly winning for her best reviewed album would be the end of the Grammys as we know it. Get real.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Okay, i will ask you all a genuine question assuming you listened to both albums. Which album is better, Mr. Morale or 30 and if Adele sweeps will it be a deserving one?

Mr.Morale is the better album by far but more importantly, Kendrick is more deserving of his first AOTY than Adele getting her third for an extremely monotonous album.

Adele doesn’t deserve to sweep for 30. It was an underwhelming effort. I’m fine with EOM taking ROTY/SOTY but AOTY should go to somebody else.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,021 through 1,035 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.