Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

How does any of this correlate with my post… at all? I didn’t say any of this. Just say that you are tired of Adele winning, and it has nothing to do with what you think of her music because that’s really what this boils down to. Interesting that people love to throw around acclaim when it’s convenient, yet Adele possibly winning for her best reviewed album would be the end of the Grammys as we know it. Get real.

I’m not tired of Adele winning, I’m tired of certain artists being undeniable no matter the quality of their music and/or their commercial success. If Adele has released, then she’s winning, regardless of how her album does or how everyone else’s album does.

Beyoncé would have to release a Magnum Opus to beat an album that plummeted and was forgotten two months after it was released. Otherwise, no one else can win. That’s ridiculous.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

People calling 30 “monotonous” and “pretentious” haven’t listened to that album more than once.

Adele’s issue here is that people are over her winning, whether the music is good or not and Taylor fans are scared of her tying Taylor’s record. It really boils down to nothing else.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

And none of them are GF awards. Yikes. Also they don’t hesitate when they award white pop artists back to back so i don’t buy it.

We’re talking more about the ingrained racism that has historically run rampant throughout the Grammys when it comes to the GF winners moreso than anything.

That racism and prejudice is nowhere as prevalent and rampant than in the AOTY category, where it took FIFTEEN YEARS between Herbie Hancock and Jon Batiste for a black artist to win AOTY despite genre defining, classic masterpieces released by the likes of Kanye West, Beyonce, Usher, and Kendrick Lamar. Moreover its been EIGHTEEN YEARS since a Hip Hop album won AOTY despite Rap being unquestionably the most popular genre and rappers being amongst the most influential, critically acclaimed, and financially successful artists of the last two decades. Remember

Late Registration didn’t win AOTY

Graduation didn’t win AOTY

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy wasn’t NOMINATED for AOTY

To Pimp A Butterfly didn’t win AOTY

Damn didn’t win AOTY (but was apparently great enough to “only” win the PULITZER PRIZE as a consolation)

And those are just the albums that (theoretically) had the best chance at actually WINNING the award when looking at the year of release and the competition amongst the fellow nominees. Critically acclaimed albums by Nas, The Roots, Jay-Z, J.Cole, Common, Rapsody, and others were never NOMINATED let alone in the running.

So expecting a critically acclaimed, culturally beloved, financially successful, PULITZER PRIZE winning artist such as Kendrick Lamar to have a fair shot at winning AOTY over his white complexioned competition is almost laughably naïve as his genre and skin color are historically unwelcome amongst the General Field.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

The Grammy should have gone to To Pimp a Butterfly, period. DAMN. should have won, too. We wouldn’t even be having this discussion.

I’m not sure if there would be enough narrative for Kendrick to win this time around since critics are a bit “harsher” this time around.

Profile picture
    Sâmi Macedo
    Topics:

You guys are crazy haha ​​30 is an amazing album, Strangers by nature and I drink wine amazing songs that made me listen to the album more and appreciate the complete work, she is winning her third AOTY in a meticulous way and I can’t wait to witness  her acclaim at the upcoming grammy.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Lol we can keep this up forever because half of these takes are merely subjective opinions on these artists’ music. Both Adele and Kendrick are extremely talented and released excellent projects which will get recognition in AOTY. The final winner will probably depend on the full lineup (if there is a split in votes) and on how promotion/industry talk will follow these albums for the next five/eight months. I personally think none of the two is 100% ‘undeniable’ but both are very probable. There is no need to attack one artist or the other because of this.

Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

If Gayle gets a nomination I might vomit. Very weak year. Atlantic Record’s industry plant one hit wonder.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

30 should win just for To be Loved, that shit is celestial

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Congratulations to Harry Styles!!! Harry’s House is Thee Album of the Year!!!

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    Sâmi Macedo
    Topics:

Harrys house could be a “Future Nostalgia” winning pop vocal album. Amazing album too.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Clean version of We Cry Together slaps though.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

Harry’s House is already has great reviews. I see the album getting AOTY and BPVA nominations.

Profile picture
    gemschai
    Topics:

Mr.Morale is the better album by far but more importantly, Kendrick is more deserving of his first AOTY than Adele getting her third for an extremely monotonous album. Adele doesn’t deserve to sweep for 30. It was an underwhelming effort. I’m fine with EOM taking ROTY/SOTY but AOTY should go to somebody else.

Your bias is showing.

I’m aware that critic’s reviews aren’t everything, but since it appears you can’t be objective about the albums, I think it’s worth mentioning that Kendrick is only one point above Adele on Metacritic (bear in mind Adele has more reviews). And on Pitchfork, Adele scored an 8.2 while Kendrick got a 7.6. So to say Mr Morale is the better album “by far” is wild.

Plus, how is 30 an underwhelming effort when it’s her most acclaimed and sonically diverse project to date? At this point, ‘monotonous’ has just become the default criticism y’all love to throw around for Adele whether it actually applies to her album or not (which it most definitely doesn’t for 30). If you had said this about 25, I’d be more inclined to agree.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Your bias is showing. I’m aware that critic’s reviews aren’t everything, but since it appears you can’t be objective about the albums, I think it’s worth mentioning that Kendrick is only one point above Adele on Metacritic (bear in mind Adele has more reviews). And on Pitchfork, Adele scored an 8.2 while Kendrick got a 7.6. So to say Mr Morale is the better album “by far” is wild. Plus, how is 30 an underwhelming effort when it’s her most acclaimed and sonically diverse project to date? At this point, ‘monotonous’ has just become the default criticism y’all love to throw around for Adele whether it actually applies to her album or not (which it most definitely doesn’t for 30). If you had said this about 25, I’d be more inclined to agree.

I think to define more acclaim, we should wait for year-end lists than Metacritic scores or certain publication like Pitchfork’s score. Last year, Billie’s HTE got more acclaim than Olivia’s Sour at first but Olivia was the one who popped up on more year-end lists. Adele’s 30 appeared in a handful year-end lists last year, let’s see if Kendrick’s more polarizing album Mr. Morale catch up.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

30 alludes to Judy Garland (Strangers by Nature), Sade (My Little Love), Erykah Badu (All Night Parking), Elton John (I Drink Wine), Aretha Franklin and Gladys Knight (Hold On), Motown (Cry Your Heart Out and Love is a Game). To Be Love, an ode to Édith Piaf, is Adele in her prime. The mixing is something close to Roberta Flack in the 70s. Monotonous can only be applied to Easy on Me.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.