Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

You know what makes Kendrick’s chances on GF higher? A brand new Taylor Swift album.( not one of the re-releases considering Taylor won’t submit them )

Genre blending, critically acclaimed Swift album can steal votes from Adele. I don’t know if Harry Styles can do it.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

You know what makes Kendrick’s chances on GF higher? A brand new Taylor Swift album.( not one of the re-releases considering Taylor won’t submit them ) Genre blending, critically acclaimed Swift album can steal votes from Adele. I don’t know if Harry Styles can do it.

Taylor is not releasing new music anytime soon, 1989 re release is coming tho

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Taylor is not releasing new music anytime soon, 1989 re release is coming tho

I’m not sure about the re-releases because i heard Taylor won’t submit them.

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

There’s no way y’all actually think Gayle is getting any sort of nomination for that song…

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, calling Adele’s 30 pretentious is like the dumbest shit I’ve ever read on here.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

I’m not sure about the re-releases because i heard Taylor won’t submit them.

I don’t think she will but who knows and I’m not sure if the voters would vote for it

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Honey, calling Adele’s 30 pretentious is like the dumbest shit I’ve ever read on here.

I don’t really get that either. It’s not like she tried to become Fiona Apple or Joanna Newsom with 30. It’s her least overtly commercial album. But it’s an Adele album with a lil more jazz and more obvious Amy Winehouse touches.  I don’t think it’s great, but I do think it’s possibly her best overall work. And “pretentious” is not a word I’d refer to when it comes to the album.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey; as of today, there is NOT an album or single that can beat 30 and “Easy on Me” in any category.  It isn’t Adele’s fault.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

this thread

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Your bias is showing.

I’m aware that critic’s reviews aren’t everything, but since it appears you can’t be objective about the albums, I think it’s worth mentioning that Kendrick is only one point above Adele on Metacritic (bear in mind Adele has more reviews). And on Pitchfork, Adele scored an 8.2 while Kendrick got a 7.6. So to say Mr Morale is the better album “by far” is wild.

Plus, how is 30 an underwhelming effort when it’s her most acclaimed and sonically diverse project to date? At this point, ‘monotonous’ has just become the default criticism y’all love to throw around for Adele whether it actually applies to her album or not (which it most definitely doesn’t for 30). If you had said this about 25, I’d be more inclined to agree.

Ah, here are the pitchforks lmao.

Metacritic is only a part of the acclaim. Adele was pretty much absent on the year end lists last year despite having a November release and her album being pushed hard in the first few weeks. Have you ever gone through metacritic? Please do and count the number of publications who throw out 4/5’s. A point or two difference isn’t that massive but YE lists put that into context. And when I said better, I also meant SUBJECTIVELY, to me, because the question SPECIFICALLY asked for everyone’s personal opinions.

Next time, keep your eyes open when you read the posts.

How is 30 an underwhelming effort? Is this a serious question? That album became a non event after the first two weeks. We’ve had endless discussions on this. “Most acclaimed” and “sonically diverse” – I’d like to see the sources. 80% of that album’s material can fit in her past two albums. This is something that actually got referenced in reviews, but I’m sure you ignored that. You should ask yourself – would you think 30 is deserving of AOTY if Justin Bieber had made it? I think I know the answer. By all metrics, this was an underwhelming effort from Adele.

And everyone’s biased here. I definitely think Kendrick deserves his first AOTY more than Adele does her third for a so-so effort. Hardly controversial.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Adele’s album has an 88 on Metacritic with 23 reviews and ended up #16 on the YE lists. This is not the “massive acclaim magnum opus” narrative that is being pushed by Adele stans. This is the general acclaim expected from MPG’s. Keep in mind, Adele was highly anticipated and EOM was a hit. I have no idea what her past acclaim is like but even if this is her best, it’s nowhere near some of the most acclaimed effort. If she had released even earlier, she’d be even lower because recency contributed to the acclaim.

For context, Billie’s HTE is 86 on Metacritic with 27 reviews and ended up #18 on the YE lists and people on this forum widely considered it underwhelming. So, let’s not be logically inconsistent here.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, people need to stop holding Adele to 21 and 25 standards.  30 received the best reviews of her career and it’s the best-selling album of this Grammy cycle.  Undeserving, my ass!

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Let’s not bring sales okay, because with sales every popular album from Drake to Taylor Swift to Post Malone would deserve AOTY for their each ones.

Adele’s 30 was more effort than 21 and 25 but not better than any Kendrick album, let alone Mr. Morale. One of the users said it deserves just for To Be Loved while i bring Mother I Sober. Kendrick will probably appear most of the year-end lists unless Fiona Apple surprisingly drops.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Rina Sawayama for BNA 🙂 Y’all fucked her over in 2020 let’s right some wrongs Recording Academy :))) pls and thank you 

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Rina Sawayama for BNA 🙂 Y’all fucked her over in 2020 let’s right some wrongs Recording Academy :))) pls and thank you

This Hell is SOTY and ROTY to me

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.