Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Not y’all still predicting Kkkamila to ge5 a nom 😭💀 She’s kinda a joke nowadays

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

I mean, “Don’t Start Now” was very Grammy friendly and Billie won ROTY so I still don’t know how Harry managed to win. I was rooting for him but I was sure Dua had it in the bag. I won’t bet against Adele in Pop Solo though, but maybe for ROTY or BPVA just for the odds in case of an upset lmao

What’s so Grammy friendly about “Don’t Start Now”? It’s a dance song that doesn’t normally win in the pop field, or any field for that matter. I always knew the song was going home with nothing, but I didn’t think “Watermelon Sugar” would be the song to win. I thought it was “Everything I Wanted.”

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Easy On Me deserves Best Pop Solo, ROTY, and SOTY. Let’s not kid ourselves babes. The queen is going to sweep like usual.

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Biggest album debuts in global Spotify history:

#1. “Certified Lover Boy” — 155M (21 songs)
    #2. “Un Verano Sin Ti” — 146M (23 songs)
    #3. “Scorpion” — 132M (25 songs)
    #4. “Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers” — 100M (18 songs)
    #5. “Harry’s House” — 97M (13 songs)

Harry had a massive debut. He’s looking good for pop nominations easily.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

In addition to that. Ranking based on average streams per song for these albums, since total streams can be a mirage.

Harry’s House — 7.46m

Certified Lover Boy — 7.38m

Un Verano Sin Ti — 6.35

Mr. Morales & The Big Steppers — 5.56m

Sour — 5.45m

Scorpion — 5.28m

In practice, median streams per song might reflect the performance of the album itself better. Songs with far more streams than other tracks will increase average. Also, trimmed mean where we remove these outliers and take the average.

With these and more boring metrics I can think of, Harry’s House had an outstanding debut engagement, probably unprecedented. If only Spotify made streaming duration information public.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

In addition to that. Ranking based on average streams per song for these albums, since total streams can be a mirage.

Harry’s House — 7.46m

Certified Lover Boy — 7.38m

Un Verano Sin Ti — 6.35

Mr. Morales & The Big Steppers — 5.56m

Sour — 5.45m

Scorpion — 5.28m

In practice, median streams per song might reflect the performance of the album itself better. Songs with far more streams than other tracks will increase average. Also, trimmed mean where we remove these outliers and take the average. With these and more boring metrics I can think of, Harry’s House had an outstanding debut engagement, probably unprecedented.

Yeah, his streams per track average is great. The hype for him is honestly massive tbh. I was expecting somewhere around 80-90. To be fair, his playlisting was huge too but another 2-3 tracks and he would have been top three.

I’m curious to see what track they’ll push as the next single. “Late Night Talking” is looking like another WS situation to me.

Depending on how hard his next single smashes, they might split his nominations between AIW and the second single.

Profile picture
    GTFO
    Topics:

I agree with Anna Artdeco 😊

Boycott this hellsite Goldderby. I can repost.

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

“Harry’s House” is currently expected to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200 with 165-200K SEA units; Excluding TEA and album pure sales (220-260M streams). (via @behzad_hudson)

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Adele can still win AOTY in a “folklore” like situation tbh. I think the decency of Harry Styles will prevail in the genre categories but AOTY tend to go to the safest possible winner. It’s definitely between Adele and Silk Sonic.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

What’s so Grammy friendly about “Don’t Start Now”? It’s a dance song that doesn’t normally win in the pop field, or any field for that matter. I always knew the song was going home with nothing, but I didn’t think “Watermelon Sugar” would be the song to win. I thought it was “Everything I Wanted.”

It’s a pop song with a retro feeling and I feel like voters tend love those. Also Dua won BPVA and got the GF noms (I think Harry got blocked, but well…). Either way him winning was a huge surprise, I don’t think even Harry hilmself was expecting it.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Adele can still win AOTY in a “folklore” like situation tbh. I think the decency of Harry Styles will prevail in the genre categories but AOTY tend to go to the safest possible winner. It’s definitely between Adele and Silk Sonic.

top 10 lists: #3 folklore, #16 30

Quality winning with critics.

Spotify US chart this week: #53 Folklore

#110 30

Already the masterpiece is way outstreaming the boring one.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Harry was always gonna have great numbers out of the gate. The hype and industry push is too high. The question for the album, and what might help determine how big of a Grammy contender it’ll be, is stability.

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

This revisionist history… I can’t deal

ROTY

1. ‘Don’t Start Now’ by Dua Lipa
    Current Odds: 4/1

Label: Warner

Released: October 31, 2019

Grammy History: She won both of her nominations in 2019: Best New Artist and Best Dance Recording (“Electricity”). This year she’s nominated six times, including Record, Album and Song of the Year.

SOTY (sharing odds with Cardigan)

2. ‘Don’t Start Now’ by Dua Lipa
    Current Odds: 9/2

Label: Warner

Released: October 31, 2019

Grammy History: She prevailed twice in 2019: Best New Artist and Best Dance Recording (“Electricity”). This year she’s up for six awards, also including Record of the Year for “Don’t Start Now” and Album of the Year for “Future Nostalgia.”

BPSP

Dua Lipa, “Don’t Start Now” — 71/20
    Taylor Swift, “Cardigan” — 19/5
    Billie Eilish, “Everything I Wanted” — 5/1
    Harry Styles, “Watermelon Sugar” — 11/2
    Doja Cat, “Say So” — 13/2
    Justin Bieber, “Yummy” — 15/2

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

It’s a pop song with a retro feeling

To be fair though this applies to WS as well

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Okay, and how does this negate what I said? I didn’t say anything about its GD odds. Y’all really need to start reading and understanding.

As I said before, “Don’t Start Now” was never the Grammy contender people here made it out to be. It’s not that Grammy friendly to pull off a win, let alone three wins, like people here thought. GD odds DO NOT matter. DSN just didn’t have the appeal of “Get Lucky” or “Uptown Funk”… at all.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.