Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,318 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Adele won over Bleeding Love in 2009, a number 1 song on the year-end charts. Chasing Pavements peaked at 64 before the ceremony. Underestimate her in the pop field at your own risk.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

i still think 30 is gonna sweep the pop field, they’ve supported her all these years and will continue to do so

Yeah, this is the key difference between Adele and the people who Harry was against last time. We didn’t know what pop thought of Dua. Billie and Taylor had already had some notable snubs/losses. Adele, meanwhile, is able to win pop solo with live versions of her songs one year after sweeping. I do not buy a gf pop split.

Kendrick Lamar grammy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong emmy campaign manager
    Michelle Yeoh oscar campaign manager

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Harry Styles is NOT winning Best Pop Solo Performance and/or Best Pop Vocal Album over Adele.  Let’s stop being delusional.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Adele won over Bleeding Love in 2009, a number 1 song on the year-end charts. Chasing Pavements peaked at 64 before the ceremony. Underestimate her in the pop field at your own risk.

This was pretty epic that she was able to do that.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  “Hold My Hand” is NOT happening in Song of the Year.  It will be relegated to Best Song Written for Visual Media.

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

Which is what I said, and I never mentioned GD odds in my post. Again, read and understand what is typed.

You said, and I quote “who believed DSN was gonna win?” I told you who said it: Gold Derby and basically every music journalist in the world (either Dua or Billie).

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

With the way Kendrick is falling on the charts, I’m almost shocked that the tracks are collapsing this fast. Maybe some of them re-stabilize at some point but he is more than likely losing AOTY for a 5th time. Sad.

Taking long breaks is becoming a commercial death sentence for artists now. People’s attention span is extremely low in the streaming era and there’s like a million new artists to listen to. There’s also the fact that not having a smash single doesn’t bode well for everyone. There are very few true album artists right now who can carry an album without a smash single attached. To be fair, Kendrick didn’t promote it much either but I wasn’t expecting him to sink down that fast on AM. And now Harry’s album bomb is pretty much occupying all the spots.

Ariana needs to release AG7 now or she’s next fr

Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

Taking long breaks is becoming a commercial death sentence for artists now. People’s attention span is extremely low in the streaming era and there’s like a million new artists to listen to. There’s also the fact that not having a smash single doesn’t bode well for everyone. There are very few true album artists right now who can carry an album without a smash single attached. To be fair, Kendrick didn’t promote it much either but I wasn’t expecting him to sink down that fast on AM. And now Harry’s album bomb is pretty much occupying all the spots. Ariana needs to release AG7 now or she’s next fr

100%!! Glad you mentioned this because I always wanted someone to discuss how taking breaks (which are still necessary) can have it’s disadvantages in this era.

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

100%!! Glad you mentioned this because I always wanted someone to discuss how taking breaks (which are still necessary) can have it’s disadvantages in this era.

I think it depends tho, Harry took a 2 and a half year break of not releasing anything. Kendrick released the Black Panther soundtrack in 2018 so it’s not that big of a difference. I think what’s important is staying in people’s consciousness without being overbearing (because then you become overexposed and that’s probably worse than being forgotten)

It’s complicated to navigate, but I don’t necessarily think churning out music is the only way to accomplish staying relevant. For instance, Ariana, who was mentioned in this example, was in The Voice and will be in Wicked, so I’m not sure it would affect her that much. But not every artist wants to do side gigs and it’s perfectly valid to just want to do music. It’s complicated for sure.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Who is everyone predicting for AOTY? Besides the obvious picks like Harry, Adele, Kendrick, Brandi, and Silk Sonic.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

I think it depends tho, Harry took a 2 and a half year break of not releasing anything. Kendrick released the Black Panther soundtrack in 2018 so it’s not that big of a difference. I think what’s important is staying in people’s consciousness without being overbearing (because then you become overexposed and that’s probably worse than being forgotten) It’s complicated to navigate, but I don’t necessarily think churning out music is the only way to accomplish staying relevant. For instance, Ariana, who was mentioned in this example, was in The Voice and will be in Wicked, so I’m not sure it would affect her that much. But not every artist wants to do side gigs and it’s perfectly valid to just want to do music. It’s complicated for sure.

It definitely depends on the artist, but taking long breaks can be good or bad. The music industry is totally different than how it was in the 2010s or before.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

You said, and I quote “who believed DSN was gonna win?” I told you who said it: Gold Derby and basically every music journalist in the world (either Dua or Billie).

I was actually here when “Blinding Lights” and “Circles” got snubbed, so everyone jumped on the “Don’t Start Now” bandwagon. I wasn’t trying to “revise history” or anything like that. In the end, it didn’t win as I predicted, and it being “retro” or whatever didn’t help it either.

EDIT: I had to actually go back and re-read my own damn posts, and I never even asked that question. lol

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

If Adele edges Styles in the Pop categories, I do think he has a legitimate chance in Music Video, at least.

Profile picture
    waizinpaing
    Topics:

Adele’s ‘30′ is not too good as her previous albums. But no one can compete with her this year obviously. ‘Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers‘ and ‘Harry’s House‘ are not winning articles. I only see ‘An Evening with Silk Sonic‘ that can beat her, but not likely.

‘Easy on Me’ is a sure fire lock track for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance. And I think Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album would go to ‘30‘ since there’s no better album so far.

P.S.: ‘DAWN FM‘ and ‘An Evening with Silk Sonic‘ are only my favorite albums of this year.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.