Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,216 through 1,230 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

10 nominees is too much for BNA, but it would be fantastic in AOTY, ROTY and SOTY if there was a limit of entries from the same field.

No more than 3/4 albums that were submitted in BPVA or BTPVA in AOTY, no more than 3/4 Pop recordings submitted in BPSP or BPD/GP in ROTY, etc.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Curious to see if Summer Walker can achieve nominations in the R&B Field this time around.

Mary J’s “Good Morning Gorgeous” the song) would be a good nominee for R&B Song as well but R&B Voters are so uncertain at times.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

ideal BNA predictions: 

-Muni Long 

-Fivio Foreign 

-Latto

-Rina Sawayama

-Conan Gray 

-Orville Peck

-Wet Leg

-Black Country, New Road 

-Ethel Cain 

-Soul Glo

-Amber Mark/Hatchie

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Curious to see if Summer Walker can achieve nominations in the R&B Field this time around. Mary J’s “Good Morning Gorgeous” the song) would be a good nominee for R&B Song as well but R&B Voters are so uncertain at times.

GMG was co-written by H.E.R., D’Mile and Tiara Thomas. It’s easily the frontrunner, even if it’s up against an Academy Award nominated song by Beyoncé.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, 10 nominees are also too damn much for ROTY, AOTY, and SOTY.  90% of the General Field nominees will be pure filler.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Young Thug part ruined Potion. As much as I liked Dua’s part and the instrumental, Young Thug messy parts were just totally unnecessary.

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

Potion will probably be a decent sized hit during summer because radio is crying out for them but it’s pretty bland. Calvin needs to do better and both Dua and YT don’t add much.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

It’s not that 10 slots are tol much. 5 are too little. And there’s still room for fillers in there.

Even the LARAS realized this before the NARAS.

10 slots means vote splits and more passionate winners.

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

There’s actually a lot of new artists that are releasing outstanding debuts this year that are eligible For BNA. Just because some aren’t hitting mainstream audiences doesn’t mean there aren’t any.

I would recommend to go check out several New Music Friday’s playlists and closely see who are producing those albums from those debut albums. That’s how I found Remi Wolf, Blxst & Zach Bryan.

Blxst- Before You Go (Red Bull Records)
    Produced by the same producers who did Scorpion, First Order Of Business (Baby Keems Debut) & 7

Metacritic: N/A

Remi Wolf- Juno (Island Records)
    Produced by Y2K (Planet Her), Ethan Gruska (Punisher), The Solomonophonic & Kenny Beats. Mastered by a 5X Grammy winning Mike Bazzi (Good Kid, MAAD City, Too Pimp A Butterfly, DAMN, Beerbongs & Bentleys, Black Panther Soundtrack, Hollywoods Bleeding) who’s also mastered This Is America, Say So, All The Stars, Humble, Sunflower, Circles, Rockstar etc.

Metacritic: 85

Zach Bryan- American Heartbreak (Warner Records)
    Produced By Eddie Spear (By The Way I Forgive You- Brandi Carlile)

Metacritic: N/A

Tate McRea- I Always Thought I Could Fly (RCA Records)
    Produced By Greg Kurstin (25, 30)), Worked on the writing with FINNEAS, Lois Bell (Peaches, Sunflower, Havana, Rockstar) & Ali Tamposi (Señorita)

Metacritic: 71

Blsxt, Remi Wolf, Zach Bryan & Tate McRea all have enough recognition & support from the music industry, have worked with GRAMMY Winning Producers and Writers & have major record label support to get a Best New Artist Nomination. As well as Latto & Muni Long.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

I don’t mind 10 nominees. There’s so much music that represents a year and with only five slots many acts don’t get recognition.

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I personally like the ten nominees in the GF not for the amount of nominees itself but more how difficult it will be for voters to decide who wins with a variety of options. Giving more options for voters should never be a bad thing, especially since there are more than 10 songs or albums released every year that aren’t just pop music

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Young Thug part ruined Potion. As much as I liked Dua’s part and the instrumental, Young Thug messy parts were just totally unnecessary.

Agreed. Young Thug brought the song down. The song was okayish and didn’t live upto One Kiss and the potential it had. It’ll rise because of radio but idk if it’s gonna translate to streaming as well.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I’m fine with AOTY having ten slots but the rest is overkill. 10 spots in BNA is too damn much. Same for ROTY/SOTY. Having too many nominees or just handing out nominations on a silver platter brings down the value of Grammys. There was a time when being nominated for a general field award was considered very coveted but not anymore because of these constant rule changes.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa & Young Thug + “Potion” =

Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Ava Max can win a grammy for “The Motto.” Best Dance Recording secured.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,216 through 1,230 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.