Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 1,318 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
GTFO
almanzarlamar..
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

So very sorry if this has already been talked about, but is Red TV even eligible for AOTY or the country album category? I would assume so looking at the past with “The Fame” and “The Fame Monster”

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, H.E.R. is NOT the Grammy darling some think she is.  Kaytranada & H.E.R. can easily lose Best Dance Recording.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

My personal opinion is that Dua Lipa needs to choose her projects better. She has always relied on her image and the people she works with rather than a special sound/voice, so she should be more selective to keep her ‘brand’ distinctive.

Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

My personal opinion is that Dua Lipa needs to choose her projects better. She has always relied on her image and the people she works with rather than a special sound/voice, so she should be more selective to keep her ‘brand’ distinctive.

i disagree. Sure – this project isn’t great – but when Calvin Harris asks an artist to feature on a track, most would say yes considering his history of creating big hits and they have collaborated previously. I think Dua has a very distinctive sound

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I’ve been a dua fan since 2016 and I partly agree, this was true in the beginning of her career where she was mostly a faceless hitmaker and going with whatever was cool at the moment. I think this certainly changed with Future Nostalgia where she found her own sound and her own groove. All the droplets from that era – fever, prisoner, cold heart etc are definitely her own distinct sound. These last two droplets are a bit on the generic side which is why they aren’t smashing as hard.

I think she needs a break. She’s been working constantly since 2020, not just with releasing music but also performing, promoting etc and she’s had a roster of hits since then. She should focus on the FN tour for the time being and come back next year with a fresh sound.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Are there people from UK on this forum? I was having a debate with somebody a couple of days ago and since this is a music forum, I’m curious for people’s opinions. What does everyone think of the UK rap scene? Does it hold up to America’s?

I’ve lived in England my whole life and I think that UK has some incredible, incredible rappers and hip hop artists who don’t get the recognition they deserve. London’s underground rap scene is something else. But in general, I find that there’s very unique POC cultural music scene throughout UK that doesn’t get appreciated. I feel like a lot of people in America think that rap music is socially relevant to their country first and foremost.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Potion is a grower. Hated it at first but now I’m really obsessed with the chorus.

H.E.R. being overestimated as a darling is definitely tea. The SOTY win is impressive and all but she’s gone both 1/8 and 0/5. She’s a lot stronger for nominations than wins and this year proves it. Still think her and Kaytranada are winning dance recording tho.

Kendrick Lamar grammy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong emmy campaign manager
    Michelle Yeoh oscar campaign manager

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

Speaking of Potion, I’m guessing this song could be nominated for BPDGP

1. Potion – Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa & Young Thug
    2. Bam Bam – Camila Cabello (feat. Ed Sheeran)
    3. We Don’t Talk About Bruno – Encanto Cast
    4. The Joker and The Queen – Ed Sheeran (feat. Taylor Swift)
    5. Sweetest Pie – Megan Thee Stallion & Dua Lipa

This category is also weak asf, so if anyone has any better predictions for this one, feel free to go at it, cuz I got nothing.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Potion is a grower. Hated it at first but now I’m really obsessed with the chorus.

H.E.R. being overestimated as a darling is definitely tea. The SOTY win is impressive and all but she’s gone both 1/8 and 0/5. She’s a lot stronger for nominations than wins and this year proves it. Still think her and Kaytranada are winning dance recording tho.

Five Grammys for an artist like her is damn good, tho.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Are there people from UK on this forum? I was having a debate with somebody a couple of days ago and since this is a music forum, I’m curious for people’s opinions. What does everyone think of the UK rap scene? Does it hold up to America’s?

I’ve lived in England my whole life and I think that UK has some incredible, incredible rappers and hip hop artists who don’t get the recognition they deserve. London’s underground rap scene is something else. But in general, I find that there’s very unique POC cultural music scene throughout UK that doesn’t get appreciated. I feel like a lot of people in America think that rap music is socially relevant to their country first and foremost.

The UK rap scene hasn’t crossed over to America.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Speaking of Potion, I’m guessing this song could be nominated for BPDGP

1. Potion – Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa & Young Thug
    2. Bam Bam – Camila Cabello (feat. Ed Sheeran)
    3. We Don’t Talk About Bruno – Encanto Cast
    4. The Joker and The Queen – Ed Sheeran (feat. Taylor Swift)

This category is also weak asf, so if anyone has any better predictions for this one, feel free to go at it, cuz I got nothing.

Ed can only be nominated once so I guess “Bam Bam” is the most likely since it’s the bigger song.
    Mine is currently:

1. We Don’t Talk About Bruno – Encanto Cast
    2. Enemy – Imagine Dragons & JID
    3. My Universe – Coldplay & BTS
    4. Bam Bam – Camila Cabello & Ed Sheeran

First three I’m confident I’ll keep it until nominations time unless BTS and Coldplay submit other songs.

Profile picture
    thatsnaomi
    Topics:

Hi, new user here, but I’ve been following this website for two years now. I’ve been used to the Recording Academy being ridiculous as usual, but it’s whatever at this point. I honestly think that some of the big names like Adele and Silk Sonic will take some nominations for this upcoming Grammys. The PDGP category looks like it’s gonna be a bunch of filler this year. But I do have a question though: I did see some posts here a while back putting Coldplay’s My Universe in that category, but that song was released before the eligibility period in September 2021, so I’m confused lol.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Hi, new user here, but I’ve been following this website for two years now. I’ve been used to the Recording Academy being ridiculous as usual, but it’s whatever at this point. I honestly think that some of the big names like Adele and Silk Sonic will take some nominations for this upcoming Grammys. The PDGP category looks like it’s gonna be a bunch of filler this year. But I do have a question though: I did see some posts here a while back putting Coldplay’s My Universe in that category, but that song was released before the eligibility period in September 2021, so I’m confused lol.

A song from the previous Grammy season can be eligible if its part of an album released in the current Grammy season. Since Music of the Spheres was released in October, My Universe is eligible.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Current pop predictions

BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE
    1. Adele – Easy On Me
    2. Harry Styles – As It Was
    3. Lizzo – About Damn Time
    4. Justin Bieber – Ghost
    5. Doja Cat – Woman
    (6. Beyoncé – Be Alive)

BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE
    1. Imagine Dragons f/ JID – Enemy
    2. Coldplay & BTS – My Universe
    3. Camila Cabello f/ Ed Sheeran – Bam Bam
    4. Encanto Cast – We Don’t Talk About Bruno
    5. Brandi Carlile f/ Lucius – You and Me on the Rock
    (6. The Anxiety – Meet Me At Our Spot (Live)

BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM
    1. Adele – 30
    2. Harry Styles – Harry’s House
    3. Coldplay – Music of the Spheres
    4. Lizzo – Special
    5. Ed Sheeran – =
    (6. Camila Cabello – Familia)

Some thoughts
    Sweetest Pie bombed very hard, IDK about the nom.

I’m starting to think that Familia will happen over Equals. Pop voters tend to vote very lineally, as in voting for the same people in every category. Point in case, people saying Ariana was getting 1 of the two pop noms last year then Lil Nas X/Ed/Taylor would get the other. In the end they voted for her in both. Everyone agrees Bam Bam is ahead of Joker & The Queen/2step, so she could be ahead for PVA.

Also, watch out for Brandi’s album getting moved to Pop.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 1,318 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.