Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 764 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

Hold My Hand jumped 33 spots on Billboard and now it’s near Top 50. If the song continues growing, it would happen in pop field and GD.

Hootie & the Blowfish are making a comeback?

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Harry is just beginning to cement his run as a consistent solo artist & his hits don’t sound predictable.

Majority of his hits take from the ’80s. His hits are predictable. But I do agree that his Grammy campaign will be big because his album is performing rather well.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, the only Grammy category Harry Styles could possibly win is Best Music Video.  He’s competing against Adele in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Pop Vocal Album.

Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Demi Lovato to release new album “Holy Fvck” on August 19th.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

If I were Columbia, I’d prioritize Harry over Adele. She doesn’t need more Grammys, Harry’s House will probably make them more money than 30, and yet another Grammy sweep might continue tainting Adele with the whole “undeserved success” narrative she’s gotten since the 25 sweep.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

I think the problem of this site is that people become aggressive so easily. I was finding the discussion extremely interesting but I do have to say that the aggressive tone (from multiple users) puts me off. I think I find it cringe most of all. I think this is one reason why there hasn’t been much nuanced discussion on here, everyone seems just ready to pounce on the first user who makes a mistake.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Anyways, I agree with the user that said that Harry’s strategy right now is to fight overexposure by staying away from the spotlight. His streams might drop a bit but it will help in the long term. Tour starts soon in Glasgow, and I bet the music video for Late Night Talking is ready to go.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

While written texts can truly come across as passively aggressive, especially without expressive adjectives and adverbs, debates are unfortunately unavoidable in real life and I believe are important.

From explaining concepts to superiors at work, salesperson interacting with customers, healthcare professionals outlining options to patients, lawyers & prosecutors, scientists analysing research, to political campaigns and activism. I don’t think it’s easily avoidable?

Avoiding condescension might promote non-toxic arguments, especially in an anonymised forum where “Boz” could even be Arianna’s manager, “Just Guy” Taylor’s assistant and “Gucci” Christina’s sibling. Imagine “Gucci” hinging on his/her/their inside knowledge to authoritatively tell “Boz” something like “Grande signed 360”. “Argumentum Ad Veracundiam” like that is the highest form of BS in Formal Logic.

No one is above opposition at all, we should absolutely speak our minds but understand it’s up to others to agree or disagree for reasons they might or might not share. I know I don’t read stuff in a “what the fuck is this” manner, rather “Nah, yeah, probably, says who?” approach. Its disconcerting when one disagrees with only a portion of a post and the user takes it personal.

Profile picture
    Predix
    Topics:

I can still post in this website btw. I just choose not to. Especially in the Movies section.

Profile picture
    Predix
    Topics:

LIZZO!

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Columbia Records prioritizing Harry Styles over Adele… Get fucking real!  🤪

Profile picture
    Predix
    Topics:

Honey, Columbia Records prioritizing Harry Styles over Adele… Get fucking real! 🤪

😭😭😭

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

As someone who loved Watermelon Sugar and Adore You, I found “As It Was” rather bland and lazy. Don’t get the appeal. The instrumental is quite catchy though.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

The argument is silly anyway. Grammy campaigns haven’t been that effective anyway. If the industry loves you, they will vote for you. It’s that simple.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Columbia is gonna go all out for both Harry and Adele. Harry has that fresh, sound of the season hype and Adele has an immaculate track record. I don’t for a second believe that they’ll prioritise Harry over Adele because Adele is still in a massive position to sweep, whether deserved or not. I can see Columbia pushing Harry for pop wins though because of that BPSP win but Adele is by far, the more reliable thing to bet on.

Labels don’t care about deserved or not, or too many Grammys or too less, they’re just trying to rack up their counts to get more investment, exposure and artists to sign with them. I mean, the label prioritisation becomes pretty obvious each year in the FYC ads itself. Harry and Adele will both get massive campaigns. If anyone can upset Adele in pop, it’s Harry so there’s that too

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.