Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 764 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +32 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

“To be eligible for Grammy Award consideration, an album must contain greater than 75 percent playing time of newly recorded (within five years of the release date), previously unreleased recordings”. Why would Red be eligible? And why couldn’t ATW be nominated in SOTY? 😩

By newly released they just mean that the particular version of the album was released in the past 5 year. Red (Taylor’s Version) and Red (2012 version) are two different recordings. Red (Taylor’s Version) was also released for the first time in 2021.

The reason why we’re unsure of All Too Well in the songwriting categories is because songwriting categories require material to be newly written, which obviously none of Red (Taylor’s Version) is. It’s just a matter of whether or not the recording academy considers the 5 minute version of All Too Well and the 10 minute version of All Too Well to be different songs.

To clarify tho, the sole reason why they added this rule is because of Black Pumas. They released a standard version of their album with 10 tracks in 2019 and then released a deluxe version of that same album literally 2 days before grammy eligiblity ended in 2020 with exactly 11 new tracks, so it would be 51% new material. It was really obvious that they released this deluxe version solely for grammys and the grammys are just trying to block artists from exploiting this loophole in the future.

Kendrick Lamar grammy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong emmy campaign manager
    Michelle Yeoh oscar campaign manager

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

What they need to do is add some sort of ‘Best Throwback Song’ where songs that wasn’t nominated but should’ve been nominated. I think that’ll be interesting

HERE’S HOW MAGDALENE CAN STILL WIN A GRAMMY

Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

I am surprised with these new categories. The Grammys are regressing back for the worst. There are lousy people running that shit show. They have absolutely NO idea what is going on or what the people want. It will always be the worst one of the EGOT. An irrelevant and embarrasing SHIT SHOW is what the Grammys are. Disappointed. The Song for Social Change however is a FANTASTIC category. Along with the Songwriter of the Year. No Best Pop Song or Best Traditional Pop Performance. Those were the important categories that were needed.

I am interested in the fact that there is a category for video games, that they are finally separating Rock and Alternative and everyone was discussing the possibility of an award for composers. But you’re right about the pop field.

Hi.

Profile picture
    GTFO
    Topics:

I am interested in the fact that there is a category for video games, that they are finally separating Rock and Alternative and everyone was discussing the possibility of an award for composers. But you’re right about the pop field.

There is no category for video games, it was simply added to another existing category (which is the Visual Media category) I agree with the separation of Rock and Alternative performance.

Boycott this hellsite Goldderby. I can repost.

Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

What they need to do is add some sort of ‘Best Throwback Song’ where songs that wasn’t nominated but should’ve been nominated. I think that’ll be interesting

I don’t think it works that way but I think they should have added some sort of Viewers Choice since the snub of The Weeknd. The academy has already lost a lot of dignity so it doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me.

Hi.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I don’t think it works that way but I think they should have added some sort of Viewers Choice since the snub of The Weeknd. The academy has already lost a lot of dignity so it doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me.

I mean the oscars this year showed exactly why this is a terrible idea.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Haven’t been on here in weeks lol I’m lost.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

To clarify tho, the sole reason why they added this rule is because of Black Pumas. They released a standard version of their album with 10 tracks in 2019 and then released a deluxe version of that same album literally 2 days before grammy eligiblity ended in 2020 with exactly 11 new tracks, so it would be 51% new material. It was really obvious that they released this deluxe version solely for grammys and the grammys are just trying to block artists from exploiting this loophole in the future.

Oh, I get it! I hope they end up accepting All Too Well in SOTY. Thank you for the explanation 😊 !

Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

The Oscars made the mistake of relying on Twitter (bad place, bad idea). Look, the idea is not very complicated. I would only put two categories: “Outstanding Artist of the Year” and “Viewer’s Choice Song”. Not only do they sound formal enough not to lose seriousness, but there is no such thing as Artist of the Year at the Grammys. Voting would be done on their home page or on a page made for that reason. No Twitter or Tiktok or any of that trending stuff.

Pd: The BRITs proved that it can work.

Hi.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I’m perched to see how artists and their teams find new loopholes to exploit now.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, there are way too many Grammy categories. 🤢

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

This is one of the grossest things I’ve ever seen posted on GD

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

Grossest thing I’ve seen on GD pt. 2

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

BTS would win a hypotethical Viewers Choice award and then people would complain until the next ceremony.
    I’m happy about the Alternative Performance and Songwriter of the Year categories though.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Correct me if I’m wrong but in the history of all 3 visual media categories, only one video game has ever been nominated, Journey for the 2013 ceremony (in score soundtrack). Since most people think about instrumental music when thinking of video game music, I think it’s a nice gesture that they made one specifically for that medium.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.