Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 764 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Its true, Beyoncé came very close to winning AOTY with Sasha Fierce. She defeated Taylor Swift in SOTY and female pop performance, as well as sweeping her field. In the year of Lemonade she probably also came in at #2, but Adele must have won by a large margin. Self-titled must have been at #3, behind Sam Smith.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Its true, Beyoncé came very close to winning AOTY with Sasha Fierce. She defeated Taylor Swift in SOTY and female pop performance, as well as sweeping her field. In the year of Lemonade she probably also came in at #2, but Adele must have won by a large margin. Self-titled must have been at #3, behind Sam Smith.

Pharrell was 2nd that year.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

How do you guys know who came in 2nd-3rd  in AOTY voting?

I’d be VERY interested to know who came in 2nd for a few years. Specifically 2016, 2018, and 2020

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

How do you guys know who came in 2nd-3rd in AOTY voting?

I’d be VERY interested to know who came in 2nd for a few years. Specifically 2016, 2018, and 2020

Its just guesswork. Pharrell beat Sam in pop solo and Bey in urban contemporary that year so it’s pretty reasonable to assume he was 2nd.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Nah it was definitely Sam Smith

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

The fact we could have Adele, Beyoncé, Harry, Kendrick, Silk Sonic and SZA for AOTY all in the same year is insane.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Pharrell was def 2nd, he beat both Sam and Beyoncé in their fields. My best guess is that Beyoncé was 4th that year.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

if beyonce releases i think that just kinda grants adele her win (as if she wasn’t winning already lol), unless the album has massive cross genre appeal

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, we’ve been through this a billion times.  All voters do NOT vote in every field.  Pharrell Williams beating Sam Smith in Best Pop Solo Performance and Beyoncé in Best Urban Contemporary Album means nothing when it comes to placements in Album of the Year.

That explains Arcade Fire losing Best Alternative Music Album and Mumford & Sons losing Best Americana Album.  Yet, both acts won Album of the Year.  “Dance With My Father” won Song of the Year, but lost Best R&B Song.  There are quite a few examples of this.

Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

I still think Adele will pull off the win for AOTY but adding Beyoncé to the mix makes things more interesting.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Pharrell was def 2nd, he beat both Sam and Beyoncé in their fields. My best guess is that Beyoncé was 4th that year.

Honestly that year was so weird I wouldn’t even be surprised if she was last. Lol

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Honey, we’ve been through this a billion times. All voters do NOT vote in every field. Pharrell Williams beating Sam Smith in Best Pop Solo Performance and Beyoncé in Best Urban Contemporary Album means nothing when it comes to placements in Album of the Year.

That explains Arcade Fire losing Best Alternative Music Album and Mumford & Sons losing Best Americana Album. Yet, both acts won Album of the Year. “Dance With My Father” won Song of the Year, but lost Best R&B Song. There are quite a few examples of this.

Those scenarios aren’t the same. Pharrell beat two artists nominated in AOTY. Arcade Fire, Mumford & Sons and Luther lost to artists not nominated in AOTY or SOTY.

While I agree that we can’t assume that Pharrell was ahead of Sam Smith or Beyoncé in AOTY that year, I find it hard to believe that songwriters, producers and engineers didn’t prefer Pharrell over them, especially if pop voters and R&B voters favored him in the genre categories. There was no reason for a Grammy favorite in the R&B field to lose to him, or for him to win for a crappy live version of his hit song over the ROTY/SOTY winner that year. Pharrell was having a moment during and after “Get Lucky.”

Realistically, I think Sam Smith came in second place after winning ROTY, SOTY and BNA, but Beyoncé, Pharrell and even Ed Sheeran were interchangeable.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I think Beyonce was a distant 3rd at best because of the momentum she had and vast amount of acclaim, but Self-Titled being as dark and sexual as it was probably turned a handful of voters off. The surprise release gimmick most likely wore off since it was a whole year later.  Pharrell makes sense as a runner up in hindsight.

Lemonade was closer to AOTY simply cause of the passion behind it but 25 was far out.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.