Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 764 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

A Pop album from Beyoncé would appeal more to older white voters than R&B/Rap. Mind you, Sasha Fierce is her most successful showing at the Grammys with 6 wins out of 10 nominations. That’s arguably a Top 40 mainstream record (even though it wasn’t categorized, strategically, as such). She was probably REALLY close to winning Album of the Year.

Honey, Beyoncé was able to get 6 wins out of 10 nominations for I Am… Sasha Fierce due to an incredibly weak year.  Plus, “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” was massive.  Mama was riding the hype/wave of that song.  4 out of 6 wins were in the R&B Field.  The nominees in that field were atrocious at the 2010 ceremony.  A full-blown Bey pop album going up against Adele and her white counterparts will NOT result in an Album of the Year win.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

With Hold My Hand climbing the charts and getting some decent airplay, I’m starting to think it could happen in BPSP. It’s too early to think about ROTY & SOTY. But as of now, I have it in BPSP & BSWFVM.

• Adele – Easy On Me
    • Justin Bieber – Ghost (placeholder)
    • Lady Gaga – Hold My Hand
    • Lizzo – About Damn Time
    • Harry Styles – As It Was
    • (Doja Cat – Woman)

Bieber & Doja can easily be taken out by a newer song. They’re like old stones, just waiting to be hit to finally leave the Curling house.

I don’t know if voters will be passionate for Ed & Taylor, but they’re too low in the ballot for me to feel safe predicting either. But one thing we know, the 5th slot will be occupied by an A-lister. One-hit wonders aren’t welcome in Pop.

It’ll 100% be Beyoncé in a few days. I’m just waiting for her to have a clear Pop submission like Hold Up, Spirit or Halo. Be Alive is currently sitting in the R&B field.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

i just don’t see hold my hand happening lol. i do agree that bieber and doja are easily replaceable, but for now i’ll just play the waiting game and see what songs come along

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, I think Beyoncé was runner-up all three times she was nominated for Album of the Year.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I don’t see it for “Hold My Hand”. “Woman” and “Ghost” are bigger and higher on the list, while Lizzo, Harry and Adele are virtually locked. I’d also put Beyoncé above Gaga right now.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  “Hold My Hand” is NOT happening in Best Pop Solo Performance.  It is only happening in Best Song Written for Visual Media.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Trust me, I was very reluctant on adding Hold My Hand to Best Pop Solo Performance, but the song is starting to exceed my low expectations. And it just feels odd to predict leftover singles from old eras. Those have become uncommon in the Pop field.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Pharrell won Beyoncé upfront in Urban Contemporary album suggesting better genre support, he also took both Pop Solo Performance and Best Music Video, effectively demonstrating better crossover appeal.

Sam Smith swept fields Beyonce couldn’t even get into. Name checking and the theoretical name advantage were both in favour of Beyoncé even. At least Happy’s absence in ROTY and SOTY is explainable.

I’m 97% convinced Beyoncé did not beat Pharrell and 73% certain she did not beat Sam. A solid 4th position at best. X might have even garnered more votes. Goldderby hype has never translated to academy support after all.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

I’m not predicting Hold My Hand in pop solo but I wouldn’t count it out either, Gaga is an easy namecheck and it’s a recent song from a movie on it’s way to gross 1 billion at the box office

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Joji’s new song Glimpe of Us is at #4 on US Spotify, it’s a beautiful ballad so I’m gonna keep an eye on him for best new artist

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Spirit by Beyoncé picked 98 on Billboard and it had a nomination in Best Pop Solo Performance over biggest hits. Hold My Hand is currently 53 on Billboard and the movie is big. Lady Gaga can happen in pop field.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Spirit by Beyoncé picked 98 on Billboard and it had a nomination in Best Pop Solo Performance over biggest hits. Hold My Hand is currently 53 on Billboard and the movie is big. Lady Gaga can happen in pop field.

I don’t get this logic of using a Beyoncé song to prove Lady Gaga is happening. In order for Spirit to happen, it needed to beat another Lady Gaga song.

We are now on 3 straight years of Gaga missing pop solo when she was completely possible. I see 0 reason to predict a song that’s unable to go top 100 on spotify.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I don’t get this logic of using a Beyoncé song to prove Lady Gaga is happening

Two big names in pop field with a song from a soundtrack for a big movie.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Two big names in pop field with a song from a soundtrack for a big movie.

Okay and did she not also have this advantage for Always Remember Us This Way and I’ll Never Love Again?….

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Gaga has been overpredicted the last few years now, especially regarding to wins.  I don’t see Hold My Hand in any capacity except for Visual Media.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.