Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 764 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I don’t really see Hold My Hand happening especially when it’s gonna be a non event in a couple of months when voting rolls around.

Also, most importantly, we have solid pop contenders already. Adele, Harry Styles, Lizzo, Ed Sheeran, possibly Beyoncé. There’s not much wiggle room for namechecks when we have big pop hits.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Gaga was overpredicted with wins but she was nominated with most of her submissions. If we have more pop hits she will be out but I also think that people like Gaga, Beyonce, Adele, Taylor or Christina are contenders everytime they submit something. Ed Sheeran wasn’t nominated with Bad Habits. I can’t see him happening with Shivers. He’s going to be nominated in Pop Vocal Album and Duo Group Performance.

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran is being overrated in Pop Duo. He couldn’t get in with Perfect Duet, or I Don’t Care, or Beautiful People.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Bam Bam is one of the most successful collabs of 2022.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Okay and did she not also have this advantage for Always Remember Us This Way and I’ll Never Love Again?….

We can’t really say this, when she literally won the category the previous year with a non-charting song lol

It seems that every year one of the Pop Solo picks is pretty random. This year “Right On Time”, last year “Yummy”, the year before “Spirit” and the year prior “Joanne”.

So I’m inclined to think there’ll be a surprise as usual in Pop Solo. Whether it’ll be HMH or another song, that’s unknown.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I don’t really see Hold My Hand happening especially when it’s gonna be a non event in a couple of months when voting rolls around.

Also, most importantly, we have solid pop contenders already. Adele, Harry Styles, Lizzo, Ed Sheeran, possibly Beyoncé. There’s not much wiggle room for namechecks when we have big pop hits.

Ed Sheeran is unlikely to happen. Pop voters moved on from him a long time ago. He just had many inexplicable misses recently, including last year with his lead comeback single “Bad Habits”.

Right now the likely contenders are Adele, Harry and Lizzo.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I wonder if Brandi Carlile’s Best Pop Solo Performance placement (and nomination) single-handedly inspired the creation of “Best Americana Performance”.

With Best Alternative Music Performance we already know it was the lack of representation in the Rock field on a straight vote.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Ed Sheeran (BARF!) is NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  However, he should be able to squeak out another Best Pop Vocal Album nomination due to lack of contenders.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

The 4th slot in Pop will be Beyoncé’s the moment she releases. We’re just debating the 5th slot.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

I wonder if Brandi Carlile’s Best Pop Solo Performance placement (and nomination) single-handedly inspired the creation of “Best Americana Performance”.

With Best Alternative Music Performance we already know it was the lack of representation in the Rock field on a straight vote.

There’s nothing “Americana” about “Right on Time.” If P!nk sang it, it wouldn’t be a question of genre placement.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

There’s nothing “Americana” about “Right on Time.” If P!nk sang it, it wouldn’t be a question of genre placement.

The Joke shouldn’ve have been placed in the American Roots field either. Hadn’t Brandi Carlile become a recognizable figure to fans of multiple genres, they’d still place her in the less competitive field.

Just to be clear, “less competitive” in comparison to Pop, because the American Roots field is a huge deal.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

“Joji has dethroned Kate Bush from #1 on spotify” is not a sentence I was expecting I’d ever say.

In all seriousness tho, he’s a BNA contender if eligible.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

“Glimpse of Us” is the #1 song in America!!

It’s a gorgeous song and it could definitely pick up a Song of the Year nom if does well in radio. I’m not sure if it’d be submitted to Pop or Alternative since it’s Joji and he always submits his albums to R&B/Alternative. If it does get slotted in Alternative, I could see it being a big contender. That said, it is pretty much just a pop ballad.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

I don’t see him being nominated in BNA anymore, but it would be funny 🤣 I had a Joji phase in like, 2017. It’s a beautiful song, tho!

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

“Joji has dethroned Kate Bush from #1 on spotify” is not a sentence I was expecting I’d ever say. In all seriousness tho, he’s a BNA contender if eligible.

Speaking of Joji, my favorite song by him is Nickelodeon Girls from the Pink Guy era.

I got you stuck in the realness

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.