Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 764 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Just listened to Surprise by Chloe. Should be a contender for R&B Performance and Song. It’s amazing.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

New Drake album tonight. Will he end up submitting it? 😶

Profile picture
    norman
    Topics:

Grammy season went from meh to really interesting in just a matter of days

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Get real! Beyoncé is NOT breaking the record for most nominations in a night. The delusion on this forum is astronomical.

She was 3 away from breaking it 2 years ago and that was WITH panels and when she did not have an album.

The confirmation that this album is inspired by all kinds of genres makes her essentially locked to break the record.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Had “Right On Time” not been moved, she would’ve won Americana over him. If she had been in AOTY, she would’ve received more votes than him.

“Might have” is the keyword. Jon won Olivia in the two categories they went head-to-head, Brandi couldn’t. Dude took down Billie, H.E.R etc

I strongly believe Brandi will get a nomination. Winning is albeit a reach.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Although Drake is not liked by Grammys and Drake went forfeit last year and i don’t think he will submit. DAMN MAN, WHAT A SUMMER!..

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

“Might have” is the keyword. Jon won Olivia in the categories they went head-to-head, Brandi couldn’t win Olivia. However, I strongly believe Brandi will get a nomination. Winning is a reach.

Pop vs. GF…

You would think last year would’ve taught you the GF is a different beast. Jon lost R&B Album and couldn’t make R&B performance or song yet won the biggest award of the night…

Brandi losing within pop, where less of her core base votes, means nothing…

Profile picture
    sissyfritz
    Topics:

What IS the nomination record?

Profile picture
    Ant
    Topics:

Michael Jackson and Babyface hold the record for most Grammy nominations in one night with 12 nominations

Kendrick and Jon have 11

Beyoncé 10

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Streets saying Beyonce has 8 collaborations, big names included. Front runner for Best Pop Duo or Group Performance incoming.

Hopefully those 8 collaborations include Silk Sonic, Lizzo, or Rihanna.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

OK – this beyoncé announcement is the first time this period i’m thinking adele may not win. one too many competitors, i think

using adele’s previous success as evidence that she will win again doesn’t make sense for 2 main reasons:

1. neither 21 nor 25 faced so many massive albums from massive artists

2. 21 and 25 were both far more relevant & popular. 30 is my personal favourite adele album but i cannot deny it has been absent since before christmas

i totally agree that i can see where all the  commercial acts, including adele, split votes and this leads to a brandi (or an even less commercial act) win

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

if lizzo’s newest song represents the general quality of her album, she can kiss the AOTY nomination goodbye. i was feeling very pleased with myself for predicting about damn time as a hit & potential contender before it went viral, then she embarrasses me like this???

(luckily there are several good snippets floatimg about so hopefully grrrrls or whatever its called is just an anomale)

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

I actually think Beyoncé was one of the reasons she dropped it in November. Adele started composing “30” years ago, her label could’ve wait until 2022… They wanted her to drop in the start of the elegibility period!

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Pop vs. GF…

You would think last year would’ve taught you the GF is a different beast. Jon lost R&B Album and couldn’t make R&B performance or song yet won the biggest award of the night…

Brandi losing within pop, where less of her core base votes, means nothing…

Brandi still lost all of her nominations last year vs Jon winning five, including AOTY. “Stronger” my ass.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I actually think Beyoncé was one of the reasons she dropped it in November. Adele started composing “30” years ago, her label could’ve wait until 2022… They wanted her to drop in the start of the elegibility period!

Adele releases November because her strength lies in physical copies which sell better in Q4 due to Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year rush.

If you noticed, equivalent sales of 30 quickly declined after New Year.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.