Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 764 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Let’s just say that Beyoncé needs this song to be a massive hit if she wants to defeat EOM. Which is completely doable obviously but only time will tell. It’s doing extremely well on US Apple Music so first day Spotify numbers are gonna be really good.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I do not agree with how bland this Beyonce song is because I feel like is putting her own spin on house music. I feel like with other artists who are heavily borrowing from the era, they are adding something new or fresh onto the music culture. However, I do feel like there are other house sample than Show Me Love, which uses a sample from Push the Feeling On by Nightcrawlers. I feel like there are MORE fun and interesting sample choices, especially in realm of house music.

Beyonce should release a dance/house album though, because her dipping her toes in other sounds while having Break My Soul would be odd and disfigured, especially I feel like this song could work in the context of the album. 

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Break my soul is ineligible for SOTY. It samples Show me love by Robyn S.

Not true, songs that contain samples are indeed eligible.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Seems like just a fun, generic dance song to gain her international audience back in her good graces. If it does well enough, it’ll get in everywhere it’s submitted for.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Added Glimpse of Us to SOTY because it’s very baity and is holding up really well on streaming. However, I’m taking it out if it continues tanking on radio.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

I like Bey’s song! It’s fun and it’s summer, which is always a good combo! Plus, it’s Beyonce. I think this will perform well. Not spectacular, but good. Still too soon to say anything else, we all saw how the public came to like About Damn Time after a while…

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Grammy voters need to stop licking Beyoncé’s cooch.  She barely deserves one Grammy nomination this cycle (Best Song Written for Visual Media: “Be Alive”).

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Beckyoncé is so late to the house music party. Like over twenty years late. House music was popping off all these years, and she never noticed it until became main stage at EDC type music. She has nothing notable to add to this genre. The song is a snooze. The hook is bland. The whole song is an off brand Robin S Show Me Love. Her attitude is as obnoxious as ever, talking about working 9 to 5 and feeling oppressed by work when she is literally a billionaire who has never experienced that for a day in her life. She tries so hard to be relatable but she just isn’t. Nobody has ever tried to break her soul, she hasn’t struggled. Go home Becky, and stop clout chasing. Try again another year when Adele doesn’t release.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

Lil Nas X x Youngboy this Friday. I expect another Melodic Rap nomination.

i honestly don’t see it, i don’t think this will be anywhere near as big as the first 2 montero singles unless he does something controversial yet again

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I feel like this is the year that Big Thief should win AOTY. I feel like it should have broad appeal to all voters, it is accessible, emotional, skillful, poetic, varied, just an undeniably gorgeous and enjoyable album. I don’t see any reason why that album should be excluded from the general field. Many people now consider them the best rock band in the world in their prime. I think Adele should take SOTY if nothing else comes along. But Adele really doesn’t need a third AOTY, and like all of Adele’s albums, her album is carried by one strong single.

Kendrick might be a dark horse contender due to the consensus that he is overdue, but tbh if none of his last three albums was good enough, I’m not sure this new one will win over many new fans.

Harry is at this point making music for creatively stunted people. Also for blind people since apparently some of his fans actually think he is hot. I hate to say that he might actually be a contender. At this point, I don’t put any music as being too bad for the Grammys to award as long as it is popular and white wonder bread enough. After picking Macklemore over Kendrick for best rap album, there really is no limit to the bad decisions the Grammys can make.

Beckyoncé and Drake are off pretending they invented house music. They should get the cold shoulder as those culture vultures deserve.

Lana is releasing potentially before the deadline. She said this album is better than Blue Bannisters and her manager Ben Mawson is praising it as a generational great masterpiece, praise that he did not give to her past albums or to Dua Lipa who he also manages. As a Lana fan, I’m hoping this is her year. But also I recognize she is not popular with voters, having never won a Grammy.

If none of these acts come through, that leaves Big Thief. Our best and most beloved band of the decade, and our future 2023 AOTY winners.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Ok… let’s not get too carried away now. She most definitely deserves a few noms.

Honey, the delusion must stop.  “Break My Soul” is NOT a vibe.  As of today, Beyoncé should only get one Grammy nomination.  That could change if her new album is any good.

Profile picture
    Sâmi Macedo
    Topics:

Honey, Grammy voters need to stop licking Beyoncé’s cooch. She barely deserves one Grammy nomination this cycle (Best Song Written for Visual Media: “Be Alive”).

I think Enemy are winning this category.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.